The Bank Of Phil. Islands

MikeeW
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the recommendation for BPI. A new branch is opening soon near my home. I do have a question which I hope someone can answer regarding monthly statements.

My bank has a policy that mail must go to a "physical" address. More specifically, my residence. That is a great policy and concept but completely unworkable where I live. There is no mail service to my home. I have been able to have much of my mail directed to a PO Box. Unfortunately, my bank won't or can't budge from their policy.

One bank manager offered to let me receive mail addressed to the bank. He did that for other customers as well. Someone above him found out and stopped that practice.

Just wondered if anyone of you knew what BPIs policy was?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
In this day and age, I think you will find Any bank, will want a Physical Address for Statements, and or Any correspondence, I have mine (BPI and PNB, delivered to my wife's office address. Do you have a Local Shop maybe, with a decent owner? just a thought. :)

:tiphat:

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the recommendation for BPI. A new branch is opening soon near my home. I do have a question which I hope someone can answer regarding monthly statements.

My bank has a policy that mail must go to a "physical" address. More specifically, my residence. That is a great policy and concept but completely unworkable where I live. There is no mail service to my home. I have been able to have much of my mail directed to a PO Box. Unfortunately, my bank won't or can't budge from their policy.

One bank manager offered to let me receive mail addressed to the bank. He did that for other customers as well. Someone above him found out and stopped that practice.

I've had a peso savings acct with BPI (Ayala) for over a year, they've never mailed me anything. I use their web site to check balance, etc. The local branch may have a different policy though.

• 1 year later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

another reason to use BPI

true banking access 24/7 compared to the "others"

post-1293-0-92412900-1383629973_thumb.jp

i am a bpi/bpi family savings account holder and this feature has been Helpful

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

another reason to use BPI

true banking access 24/7 compared to the "others"

attachicon.gifCAM_EDM_101813.jpg

i am a bpi/bpi family savings account holder and this feature has been Helpful

What I liked most about the bank, was they allowed me to open account without having local address. It is also handy that with western union, you just have to put your account number in now, and you can WU directly to your account :).

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I have had a BPI USD and peso savings accounts with ATM card for 11 months now. I opened the accounts after only being in the Philippines 4 days on a tourist visa. I have been very happy banking with BPI. I can do fx transfers online during business hours 9:30AM to 3:30PM on business days and get a decent fx rate. I can pay my Smart telco bills online using BPI. Overall BPI has treated me very well.

• Like 3