Video Of Kidnapped Australian Released

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

MANILA -- More than a year after being held captive by the terrorist group Abu Sayyaf, retired Australian serviceman said he is starting to lose hope of getting released.

Warren Richard Rodwell appeared in a video, posted Tuesday at the video sharing site, Youtube, in an apparent move by his captors to show that he is still alive.

Rodwell, who was holding a newspaper dated December 15, said the video was taken December 16.

"I am being held prisoner, kidnapped by Abu Sayyaf Muslim terrorist group for over one year, actually 54 weeks today. This video clip today is to say that I am alive," he said in the video.

"I am waiting to be released. I have no idea what going on," said Rodwell, adding that his captors, who normally do not speak English, are keeping him in isolation.

He said the if there are negotiations ongoing, he is not getting updated information about it.

"I understand something is happening but I do not expect to be released before the year 2013 at the earliest. I personally have no hope at all of being released. I do not trust the Abu Sayyaf, i do not trust the Australian government. I just don't trust anyone. Personally, I don't care," he said.

Rodwell was seized by a group of armed men from his home in Ipil town in Zamboanga Sibugay last December 5, 2011. There were unconfirmed reports that he was taken to Basilan, a bailiwick area of the Abu Sayyaf. (VR/Sunnex)

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

thanks for the post, :thumbsup:

I am sure his family is trying to do all it can within reason to bring him home safe.

http://www.philippin...alian-kidnapped

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

you would think there would be some Australian Forces doing a little more

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted

We can only hope there are some backroom diplomatic negotiations going on, and if so, they are sucessfull.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Okieboy, when

we hear or see nothing, doesnt mean nothing is done :36_1_50[1]: (cough .,,,,,cough...).

2 old sayings i've heard over the years.

Loose lips sinks ships,, Silence is golden

off topic,

at a certain up-scale mall(hotel) in manila, if you look closely ,you wil see FIT,well built men.

that have a certain "walk"

always in pairs, Never alone,

on rare occasions , you will see them w/a man

who has his shirt tail out w/a BIG cell phone on his side..cough ..cough..

listen to the accents .you may hear an NON-US accent.... cough..cough..

• Like 2