Missing Parcel

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

My parents sent a Christmas parcel of gifts to my wife and kids in the Philippines which is apparently missing.

The tracking message says they tried to deliver the parcel, but left information on where it could be picked up. No one at my house says they received anything on where to pick it up. My wife checked the Julita post office but was told they're now closed and all parcels will go through Burauen. When my wife went to Burauen she was told the Julita office is still open and they're not receiving Julitan post yet. Luckily my wife is friends with the mayor and vice-mayor so she can inquire directly with them what's happening with the post office. However, I'm afraid the goods have already been tampered with (stolen).

Ah well, she'll call the head post office in Tacloban today and see what they say. I told her to get answers because stealing grandparents' gifts for their grandchildren is not cool.

Anyone else have problems like this?

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

If they sent them by mail I have heard a similar story from each of my friends, so that I do not use the Philippine postal system and do not have such a story to tell.

• Like 2

jock_in_a_frock
Posted
Posted

Hi there, in 2010 i sent my fiancee some xmas presents from UK, i knew it would take a few weeks to arrive so i posted the parcel mid-nov, once xmas had passed i called my local post office and put in my claim as the items were insured, i provided receipts etc to show the value of the items, they then carried out there own investigation, after few days they contacted me to inform me that my parcel was confiscated in Manila due to me sending jewellery or was it perfume, cant rmbr im sure i got 2 contradicting explanations thats why im maybe a little mixed up with what they deemed " on the ban list "

so my claim was unsuccessful, i then went to visit my fiancee on feb 11 - april 11, it was around march 2011 my fiancee got a call from her parents ( the address i shipped my parcel to ) to inform her that there was something for her to pick up at her local post office, so we jumped on a trike, gave them the paper to pick up the item, and low and behold there was my parcel i sent her 4months earlier with all the items and the box was unopened,

so to answer your Q, anythings possible with the postal service here in phills !!

• Like 5

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

it is worthless we don't get our PlDT or DAVAO light bill from them , if you go there and tell them your adress they will bring out a pile of mail and ask you if any is yours or anybody you know , if you say yes you take it, the Davao light bill is hand delivered by the electric co, the PLDT we pay at LBC it is the same every month P990

• Like 3

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I've received a few letters through Philpost from the US because Social Security insists on using only the US mail so no choice. Takes a couple months, a guy rides up on a bike and rings the bell. I would never voluntarily send anything through them. But it happens back home too, I had a credit card stolen through the mail in NY and used to purchase a couple thousand dollars worth of audio equipment in Queens.

• Like 1

sjp52
Posted
Posted

I sent a 51" samsung lcd before Christmas and it took 2 months and 3 weeks to get there. I was sweating bullets. When we inquired about the time they said they had lost it in the warehouse in Manila. I find it hard to believe as it was one big box to lose track of.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Last March I decided I wanted to do something extra-special for my Special Someone for her birthday. I found an Acer Netbook that was being cleared out for a ridiculously low amount so I bought 2 - one for her and one for me. I checked around to find out how much it was to send it and everything other than using Canada Post International Surface (Sea) was more than I paid for the netbook - so you know how I sent it. Besides Canada Post automatically insures for a minimum of $100 value without further cost. So at the start of April, it went out the door. I could even track it on the Canada Post website. The next morning it was in Mississauga and in transit to Vancouver, and then 10 days later it had left port in Vancouver to overseas. Nothing was ever entered again. My Special Someone's birthday came and went and so did the summer. I had contacted Canada Post who told me that there was a waiting period before they could start processing an insurance claim. So after several months I called Canada Post back and started the investigation for a claim. Amazingly, within 3 weeks, a parcel shows up for my Special Someone - I believe this was late October. So the total time to ship a small box from Canada to Cebu was a short (?) 6 months! According to the investigation, it had been lost in a warehouse in Manila, found and prepared for shipment to Cebu and then lost in another warehouse in Manila. Gee... That sounds plausible! My Special Someone also told me that the parcel was never opened so at least one good thing happened. Another good thing that happened was that Canada Post refunded my cost to ship the package - $69 Cdn to ship a box the netbook barely fit into. For those who are not aware of how small that is, mine is 10" x 7" by 3/4" thick and only weighs a few ounces.

My big lesson? Next time I send a present to my Special Someone? She is going to get a whole bunch of stuff courtesy of a Balikbayan Box!

• Like 2

jock_in_a_frock
Posted
Posted

lol crazy Bob, now that you mention it, when we received the parcel i had sent it was stamped dec7th or so, so it did get to Manila in a few weeks, it was just lost there prob in some warehouse !!

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
mine is 10" x 7" by 3/4" thick and only weighs a few ounces.

REALLY BOB thats your unit size?

how powerful is it? are you able to do all that you can compared to other laptops?

( I just reread again and it said NETBOOK not laptop, i get them mixed together as i think 1 is the same as the other) (( late edit))

ABOUT mailing,

I had a small package sent to me but addressed to MANILA than to my current city, it had the ZIP CODE but incorrect city

after 6weeks I was at the post office and they said. OH HERE IS THE PACKAGE you been asking about.

guess Philpost has its good days and bad days

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn

Jake
Posted
Posted
mine is 10" x 7" by 3/4" thick and only weighs a few ounces.

REALLY BOB thats your unit size?

how powerful is it? are you able to do all that you can compared to other laptops?

(come on did you think i meant something else,if so please use the report button on the bottom)

ABOUT mailing,

I had a small package sent to me but addressed to MANILA than to my current city, it had the ZIP CODE but incorrect city

after 6weeks I was at the post office and they said. OH HERE IS THE PACKAGE you been asking about.

guess Philpost has its good days and bad days

My, my.....are we getting overly sensitive here? Those dimensions are typical for a netbook, as Bob mentioned.

If you feel I may have offended you, please use the report button.

• Like 1