For All You British Expats

jock_in_a_frock
Posted
Posted

pretty mild here in Mindanao, i like hot hot and sunshine ! big difference between say Manila and here..

think its because were situated near the mountains it keeps cool, although the sun has got his hat on today yeaheeee !

i read the sun online daily ( newspaper ) says they expect it to get -15 in the next few days yikes !! need to start sending texts to my m8`s back home hehehe :tiphat:

Thomas
Posted
Posted
pretty mild here in Mindanao, i like hot hot and sunshine ! big difference between say Manila and here..

Which part of Mindanao? It has several (4?) different weather zones and in January it's big difference specialy for the most East, because there it's rain period still. In Surigao they get as much rain in January month as I get in Sweden in the whole year :)

earthdome
Posted
Posted
When this southern CA boy went to boot camp in Great Lakes (north of Chicago), I didn't know anything about winter blizzards coming across Lake Michigan. I kept asking what is wind chill factor.....until I lined up on the grinder (parking lot) at zero dark thirty waiting for our breakfast. Up close and personal, the term nuts to butts formation was no help against that freezing wind.

I grew up 100 miles from Great Lakes. When I joined the USN in January 1975 I said they had to guarantee I would go to bootcamp in Orlando, FL or I wouldn't sign up.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

well today we went shopping for the dehumidifier, after lots of looking on the internet it was down to seeing them face to face, down to the local B&Q and that made my mind up, i will get the other one, so off we went to buy it and a big savings too, its upstairs buzzing away and lets see if it collects any water for me in the morning, the savings i made went to my wives shoe and bag fund, yes she got both plus a KFC with what i saved, so we both did well :thumbsup:

• Like 1