Furniture Package For Studio In Argao

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

My partner and I have just rented an unfurnished studio in Argao, Cebu and need to get some furniture before we move in. Argao doesn't appear to have a huge range of white goods and furniture from first glance though I'm happy to be corrected. Gaisano in Car Car has no fridges and Cebu City has it all.

I'm not sure what others have done in this situation. Is it better to just buy what I can in Argao or perhaps hire a multicab in Argao and drive to Car Car or Cebu City to buy what we need?

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

You're not going to find much in Argao. There is an appliance store on the main hwy, on the northbound side just south of the main bus stop, I think they also sell furniture. You may find something there. The new Prince Warehouse has the cheap plastic dressers but that's about it. Carcar is better but still very limited. I bought all my furniture in Cebu City before I moved here. If you're looking for nice things I would head there. Transporting it to Argao isn't going to be easy but can be done.

• Like 3

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted
Transporting it to Argao isn't going to be easy but can be done.

Yes I figured that would be the case. I was wondering what choices there were on the transportation side if anyone knew. Thanks for your help Mike

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

It depends on what you're buying. If it's a whole room of furniture with bed I would ask the store if they could deliver that far; probably not but worth asking. They may have a contract mover for long distance. I used a mover in Cebu City - Caesar Truck 032 2618635. You could call him and see what he would charge, the driver lived in Argao. That was over a year ago but he's been in business for years, very reasonable as I recall. If it's just small stuff you could do it piecemeal, rent a van and do it little at a time.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Check on Sulit and maybe you can find a van with driver for hire who could go on your shopping trip for a day and end up at Argao. I thought of doing this up here in Laguna as there are a lot of vans for hire for only 1000-2000 p per day + gas, for 10 hours. The issue might be finding one willing to take the seats out, but in most vans this is easy now. Ideally you could find a cargo van.

• Like 4

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Also check the Cebu classifieds under the professionals heading .... we found our moving company there 3 years ago .... :cheersty:

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Also check the Cebu classifieds under the professionals heading .... we found our moving company there 3 years ago .... :cheersty:

Did you find your furnisher was still there after all that time of looking? :mocking:

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

Fred,

I suggest looking at the furniture in Sun Gold Furniture store in Cebu. Its located next to the SM Mall. They have a big selection at reasonable prices and they have a delivery truck. My furniture delivery in Cebu City about 3 years ago was only P200. Hopefully they will deliver to Argao. Since you're on the Internet you can look at some of their furniture on their website and it gives contact information so you can ask about delivery. Here's two links that should be very helpful:

http://www.philippin...ings-upholstery

http://sungoldhomean...id=47&Itemid=54

Edited by Americano
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
wayneseymour
Posted
Posted

this is a stretch but maybe ask to house preppers that do the model houses for sub-divisions and condos, for the market...I my self would like to know where they get the furniture I see in the AD"s I like some of what I see. Anyone have the inside scoop or know where we can find them.

• Like 1

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted (edited)

I would like to update everyone on what my partner and I did. The biggest problem we encountered was that the main centres ie SM and Ayala use multicabs to transport everything so we couldn't use them at all. We chose to look at Sungold for furniture and found that they had a delivery truck suitable for carrying all the furniture in one trip. They also have a sister appliance store, Asian Homes which is across the road and bought all our appliances there and included that in the same delivery as the furniture. They gave us a great discount too. So the cost for transporting everything was P1700.  We were quite happy with that.

On a side note, there is a wonderful furniture factory in Argao called Canada's Furniture. Everything made to order, of solid wood and very price competative. We won't be buying any more prefab stuff from now on.

Edited by Fred & Mimi
  • Like 3