Feeding Time... Keep Your Hands In The Vehicle

Bruce
Posted
Posted

As A Kano and always fooling myself that I can make money in the Philippines... I once did look into buying the rice wholesale and then reselling. Once I saw the numbers, I did not do it. Very close margines.

Local open sack vendors at the market and small stores sell rice between 34P to 42P per kilo. Usually 5-8 varities to choose from. All looks the same to me.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

As A Kano and always fooling myself that I can make money in the Philippines... I once did look into buying the rice wholesale and then reselling. Once I saw the numbers, I did not do it. Very close margines.

Local open sack vendors at the market and small stores sell rice between 34P to 42P per kilo. Usually 5-8 varities to choose from. All looks the same to me.

Yes. Not suprising if get crap/no profit if the kano make the buyings himself :)

I suppose the kanos with profitable businesses, normaly let Filipina handle the supplying deals..

Yes, the kano-filipina couple I wrote about above buying sacks for 1400p, they sold for 34p/kg, it's normaly hard competition and low margins. (But it's common with low margins in food retailing businesses in Europe too (when it's products with low damage percent, higher percent on fast damaged fruit and such, where a biger part is expected to be destroyed.)

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Bruce is correct. His associates in the Philippines should purchase the rice and arrange its distribution to families in need.

I was planning to ship a Balikbayan box to Samar for Christmas, but due to procrastination it never happened. Instead, the money set aside for shipping expense will go to Florida in the form of a personal check. After the check clears, Bruce can forward the money to Samar to buy a sack of rice.

• Like 5

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Thanks JJ... Too bad I have not yet perfected my clone machine so I can clone guys like you!

• Like 3

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Bruce is correct. His associates in the Philippines should purchase the rice and arrange its distribution to families in need.

I was planning to ship a Balikbayan box to Samar for Christmas, but due to procrastination it never happened. Instead, the money set aside for shipping expense will go to Florida in the form of a personal check. After the check clears, Bruce can forward the money to Samar to buy a sack of rice.

True to his word, JJ send a check to the charity and funds put into the bank for the rice purchase. Pics to follow in a couple of days. Same deal as before, 5 sacks of 10 kilos each for 5 needing help.

• Like 3

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

Most excellent ~ Thanks JJ!

:999:

• Like 1