Black Saturday A Special Holiday

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Black Saturday a special holiday I wonder if the malls will be closed? http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?artic...ubCategoryId=63MANILA, Philippines - President Arroyo has declared Black Saturday as a special non-working day throughout the country.Executive Secretary Eduardo Ermita announced that the President signed Proclamation No. 1752 declaring this Saturday, April 11, as a special non-working day.

mike
Posted
Posted
Black Saturday a special holiday I wonder if the malls will be closed? http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?artic...ubCategoryId=63MANILA, Philippines - President Arroyo has declared Black Saturday as a special non-working day throughout the country.Executive Secretary Eduardo Ermita announced that the President signed Proclamation No. 1752 declaring this Saturday, April 11, as a special non-working day.
Yet another perfect example of why business does not want to open here at all!! We took the decision to open on Easter Saturday a week ago. Now when I cannot get hold of anyone to change the decision this silly example of how not to plan a business gets announced.Only in da pilipinesOr is it that we are going to see the 'I want to rule for ever' conspiracy theory go into overdrive.M

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Yet another perfect example of why business does not want to open here at all!! We took the decision to open on Easter Saturday a week ago. Now when I cannot get hold of anyone to change the decision this silly example of how not to plan a business gets announced.Only in da pilipinesOr is it that we are going to see the 'I want to rule for ever' conspiracy theory go into overdrive.M
Although it is not unusual for the Philippines to declare a holiday for any particular reason you would think that a bit more notice would be given.Also there is no thought put into the economy,imagine the loss of productivity and the effects that rolls along with it. :23_11_60[2]:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

If I am not mistaken, GMA keeps declaring holidays and Mike is probably correct, she is doing her best to stay in office and she thinks giving people days off is the answer, but as the boss said, the economic impact will be bad for the poor because unlike govt employees, most employees will not get paid for the days off and the stores, malls, bars and restaurants will lose a fortune and all at a time when most businesses are probably just getting by in the first place and employees need every peso they can get. I wonder why the govt does not pay all those people out of tax money. yeah right!