Retired Us Navy,& Helper Dead In Laguna

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Seems that a "fired"worker has a grudge against his former employer

what I dont understand is he Fil- am so he can own a resort?

without being TOO negative.

why would any now want to "operate" a business or own property when this has happen?

maybe it would be better to hire your "extended"family and hope that they can do the work , the way it needs to be done,with less risk to your "health"..cough.

now here is the story,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Police are tracking down an allegedly deranged man who hacked his former employer and colleague to death in a remote village in Pakil, Laguna over the weekend.

Laguna police director Sr. Supt. Pascual Muñoz yesterday identified the victims as Cesar Dalena, 57, a retired United States Navy service man, and his helper, Jackielyn Tapulayan, 19.

Another helper, Nelson Agao, 26, was able to escape from the attack and identify the suspect, Ronnie Abion.

Police said Dalena ,who owns a resort, in the upland village of Rizal in Pakil, fired Abion a few months ago.

On Saturday afternoon, Abion returned to the resort and hacked the victims with his bolo. Agao, who tried to rescue the victims was also wounded, but he was able to escape and seek help from the police.

The bodies of Dalena and Tapulayan were found in a cliff near the resort when the police arrived. Dalena’s body was decapitated.

http://www.tribune.net.ph/index.php/nation/item/8895-retired-us-navy-helper-hacked-to-death-in-laguna

Bruce
Posted
Posted

To 'own' is a fluid term. I have spent a lot of money building a boarding house out on Samar. People say I own it. The family there calls it my boarding house. But in reality the lot is owned by the women friend and I have a long lease on the building. If I die first, no problem. If she dies first, then my rights are (somewhat) protected until I die. In any event, any rights I may have die with me and I accepted this when I spent the money. What I spend in the Philippines belongs in the Philippines and the US relatives have no interest in it.

So in this case, he may have had a long term lease or his 19 yr old helper is actually his girl freind or wife. The focus of the article are the deaths and not a land dispute. While being killed with a bolo is not pleasant, it simply reflects the local customs. In the US, same story may have happend (disgruntled former worker is the label) but a gun would have been used. In Merry Olde England, a blunt object. If this were a Pinoy on Pinoy crime, it may have never even made the news.

An interesting twist would be to see if HER family files a 'case' and if this guy is stll running from a 'hot persuit' 10 years from now.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
why would any now want to "operate" a business or own property when this has happen?

Crap happens every where so where are you safe?

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

RETIRED US NAVY - It is also possible the person was a Filipino by citizenship rather than a Fil-Am. There is a program permitting the hiring of Filipino "stewards" to work as household personnel for US Navy flag officers. They are hired as young as 16 years. It's a job that many Americans don't want. They receive special training on how to clean uniform and the proper placement of insignias and military decorations. Most of the work is cleaning officers' family quarters

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I believe that I read in another report that he is Filipino but had joined the US Navy and is now retired back to the Philippines. But you know the news... They probably got that wrong too!

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I believe that I read in another report that he is Filipino but had joined the US Navy and is now retired back to the Philippines. But you know the news... They probably got that wrong too!

He is still just as dead. Now comes the back side of the story as whatever he may have owned (or not) will be a the center of a fight from those trying to get possession of what he had.

Of course I am a bit jaded. Ever since the court rejected my copy of Howard Hughes Last Will and Testament that he hand wrote out to me when we were both held captive on the space ship........

• Like 4

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Of course I am a bit jaded. Ever since the court rejected my copy of Howard Hughes Last Will and Testament that he hand wrote out to me when we were both held captive on the space ship........

Where there is a will there is a way.....

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Where there is a will there is a way.....

Thanks for not mentioning the anal probing on the space craft..... I am supprised Jake let it pass so quietly!

• Like 3

oldutot
Posted
Posted (edited)

you got that right colonel, just last week my house in Seattle

got broken into, I got cleaned out.

Edited by oldutot
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

you got that right colonel, just last week my house in Seattle

got broken into, I got cleaned out.

It's a sad thing to have happen but thank you for sharing with us and reinforcing JGF's point.