Expat Whos Moved And Returned

stevewool
Posted
Posted

are there any members who will not make the move to the phils no matter what, or have you made the move and are wanting to move back to where you came from in the first place, if there are any of you or you know of someone, what was the reasons, weather, money or just a mistake, its all right many who have never moved there yet other then holidays talking about this and how wonderful it will be, there has to be a few who for what ever reason it did not work for them

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Some return home for family reasons. It is hard to raise children in the Philippines. Others will return home because of health reasons - they can get better care at home... Sometimes. And others might return for financial reasons... Perhaps they don't have the funds to support their loved ones or even to help their extended families get ahead. I know my Special Someone is interested in looking into coming to Canada for a couple years to teach - so she can not only experience Canada but also to experience teaching at a different pace and variety than she would be looking at in the Philippines. But I think the biggest reason people return home is for the reason that Bruce and a few others mentioned above - that they can't adapt to the Filipino way of life. It's not for everybody...

:no:

• Like 4