Expat Whos Moved And Returned

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I saw a video about a guy getting a house built over there. His builders came highly recommended and built houses for some people he knew. He had nothing but trouble, and did not get the house built right. I think his problem was having to specific a request. Instead of saying "build me a house" he had blueprints and said "build me this house". They had no idea how to read or follow plans. Eventually he got close to what he wanted....

I think after a too much of that some people get frustrated and leave. And I agree that many that return probably lose interest in the PI's and fall away from discussion forums. So the people with good experiences don't post much. Most of what I read from ex-expats is very negative towards whatever country they tried. But most of the negative reports should be read with a grain of salt, just like most of the positive reports! I am looking forward to my move and hope I can write a glowing report later on why it is the perfect place for me! (we hope....) :tiphat:

• Like 5

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
Most of what I read from ex-expats is very negative towards whatever country they tried. But most of the negative reports should be read with a grain of salt, just like most of the positive reports!

when you have a positive (fill in the blank )

.yes its read and does sell

BUT NOT AS MUCH as NEGATIVE ( fill in the blank)

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I saw a video about a guy getting a house built over there. His builders came highly recommended and built houses for some people he knew. He had nothing but trouble, and did not get the house built right. I think his problem was having to specific a request. Instead of saying "build me a house" he had blueprints and said "build me this house". They had no idea how to read or follow plans. Eventually he got close to what he wanted....

I think after a too much of that some people get frustrated and leave. And I agree that many that return probably lose interest in the PI's and fall away from discussion forums. So the people with good experiences don't post much. Most of what I read from ex-expats is very negative towards whatever country they tried. But most of the negative reports should be read with a grain of salt, just like most of the positive reports! I am looking forward to my move and hope I can write a glowing report later on why it is the perfect place for me! (we hope....) :tiphat:

So we are to take anything you write with a grain of salt? :mocking:

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I think after a too much of that some people get frustrated and leave. And I agree that many that return probably lose interest in the PI's and fall away from discussion forums. So the people with good experiences don't post much. Most of what I read from ex-expats is very negative towards whatever country they tried. But most of the negative reports should be read with a grain of salt, just like most of the positive reports!

Yes, sure many lose interest because of bad experience of mess handling - or by sorrow in love.

But I have said sometime earlier, I believe I will get short/no time to write here after moving, at least in the beginning when it's much other to do with relations, marriage and preparing for business and some later house. Plus I suppose I will get very slow Internet, so I will have to give priority to work things at Internet, and then I can be tired of waiting at slow Internet speed :)

And them with bad experience can have more time to write in forums, not being occupied with any wife/gf :)

I mean compared to us who are short of time because of working too, I suppose retired can have time for both wife/gf and forum :)

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Very interesting!

For those who are wondering just how the forum has changed, the first link will give you an idea of how much friendlier we are around here now.

I must admit - Mr HoundDriver - that has to be the best use of grapes I have ever heard! Thank You!!!

(I'm glad my grape isn't sour!!!) :mocking:

Travis was as negative as a old boy who could not scratch his ass without directions so what he says is like listening to the story's from the nit wit society as no matter what advice he was given it fell on deaf ears. Oh, sorry Bob not so friendly but when every thing is negative and wont change like Travis it results in what happened. Returned to the US and then drop dead. Sorry for seeming un sympathetic.

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Most of what I read from ex-expats is very negative towards whatever country they tried. But most of the negative reports should be read with a grain of salt, just like most of the positive reports!

when you have a positive (fill in the blank )

.yes its read and does sell

BUT NOT AS MUCH as NEGATIVE ( fill in the blank)

No; you fill in the blank so it makes some sort of sense. :89: We sell nothing here so where are you coming from?

stevewool
Posted
Posted

being one of a bunch of new members here, its good to here both sides of the story, not all advice is good advice but it cost nothing to listen or read, it something dont intrest me i just dont bother reading it or dont reply after i read it too, but it takes all sorts to make the world go round

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Very true Steve!

It's best to hear the good and the bad to help you in the long run...  The good so you will know what to do and the bad so you will know what NOT to do of course!

:541:

• Like 1

sjp52
Posted
Posted

A place is just a place. What really matters is the people you surround yourself with. I struggle sometimes with the people I am with because it is hard to communicate with a lot of them. I think it would be healthy for a foreigner to spend a little time with other foreigners if he can. I think if I could learn the Filipino language I would enjoy it a lot more.  We have lived our whole lives a certain way and when you move to a new country it is totally different. How well you can adjust to change will determine how well you will enjoy it in the Philippines. If you get frustrated a lot in your coiuntry you might have a problem here.

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

A place is just a place. What really matters is the people you surround yourself with. I struggle sometimes with the people I am with because it is hard to communicate with a lot of them. I think it would be healthy for a foreigner to spend a little time with other foreigners if he can. I think if I could learn the Filipino language I would enjoy it a lot more.  We have lived our whole lives a certain way and when you move to a new country it is totally different. How well you can adjust to change will determine how well you will enjoy it in the Philippines. If you get frustrated a lot in your coiuntry you might have a problem here.

i get very fustrated living in england, bills to keep warm bills to feed yourself, bills to drive your car, and fustrated with work trying to get to A to B in such a time you just cant do it, so you break the law, get rid of all those little silly things you do in england to survive, and all my fustrations will be gone

• Like 1