Expat Whos Moved And Returned

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Thomas... 15,000p a moth is a LOT of money to many. The teachers out on Samar make 8,000p to 12,000p and the nurses make 8,000p top 10,000p. The sad thing is that many of these 'kids' go to college and  then find they can not pass the national exam for their chosen field. If you do some research on engineers or nurses or attorneys and on Google you can find the published grad rates for EVERY school that had students registered for that national exam. Some have a 100% failure rate. The list starts with 'passers and retakers' and total  taking the exam from each school / university. Some only have 3 students taking the exam!   

Many schools / universities are really only money making businesses and hire their own grads to teach. Many instructors in Samar have 'day jobs' and teach full time too! But for the kids, 'college is college' and they have no real idea on what they are doing and actually have no real other option.

15,000p is chump change to many professionals in 1st world countries. But to a working Pinoy.... 15K sounds like a great job. But waiting in line to get that job.... well the line is long and most often the job goes to a family member of the owner or existing employee.  

So, when are you planing to make the move? I REALLY think you should set up a blog with Tom here on the forum to act sort of as a journal to  let the reader know how things are going with your plans for the local area where you move to.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Thomas... 15,000p a moth is a LOT of money to many. The teachers out on Samar make 8,000p to 12,000p

Yes, I know. (A high school teacher is supposed to earn 14000 where they live in Mindanao, but I don't know their salaries, that's why I counted 12 000.)

The sad thing is that many of these 'kids' go to college and  then find they can not pass the national exam for their chosen field.

Oh. That I didn't know. How bad are the failing ones then, when one I know, who is close to MASTER in business economy, partly can't things Swedes are teached in elementary school !...

Them I have spoken to have exams. At least they say so :)  

I suppose them in the example have exams, because the two teachers have got such jobs, and she with computer education is the most clever of them.

But waiting in line to get that job.... well the line is long and most often the job goes to a family member of the owner or existing employee. [/quote

Yes. Such can be a problem in developed countries too, but of course a biger problem the less jobs there are.

But I suppouse them from poor families, who have mental strength enough to reach exams, also have better than average strength to get one of the few jobs too. 

(E g one have managed to get a 13 000 salary job plus often 2000 in overtime, and she have only High School. But that's in Manila. She is very strong mentaly, and have already in a few years managed to get same amount of land as her father have (=2 ha) although she send half her salary to her family!)

So, when are you planing to make the move? I REALLY think you should set up a blog with Tom here on the forum to act sort of as a journal to  let the reader know how things are going with your plans for the local area where you move to

My planing is ready to move  :)   but my injury isn't ready yet. It's a big injury, I hope I can move in the later part of this year. I exersised some to hard to try to hurry up the recovery, so it broke  :(   so I had to restart some of the healing, losing at least 3 months. And it's a bad healing weather here, because it's cold. That's one of the reasons I want to move to Phili  :)    (=Heal it enough to manage to move and live there, but then go on healing it after the move is the plan.)

As I have said, I expect I will get both bad Internet and have short of time after the move, preparing both business and marriage  :)   and some later probably build house.  But I suppose I can get some time to "report".

Update of plan:

My expected future wife missbehaved some, so I skip her and will chose one of the others, who have told they are interested.

(To talk about the PRACTICAL differences - the other parts are rather similar  :)  -  one have knowledge about banking and business permits,

the other have a skilled family in one of the business ideas I planed to start in a later step, but because of that I will perhaps start that first instead with some modification using their assets in a partnership instead of buy as planned. plus they are house builders. They have a good build house, although they are rather poor.)

As you say it's important with good contacts, so less hard if get them inside family-in-law  :)

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Still find it quite amazing how when problems with a future wife, supposed 'love of your life' come to head, you can still have another 2 lined up & even they have to meet your business qualifications rather than personality and looks.......something very wrong with this picture, setting yourself up for a big fall if you ask me, but then again no one did! ;0)

Good luck!

Bigdog
Posted
Posted

Update of plan:

My expected future wife missbehaved some, so I skip her and will chose one of the others, who have told they are interested.

(To talk about the PRACTICAL differences - the other parts are rather similar   :)  -  one have knowledge about banking and business permits,

the other have a skilled family in one of the business ideas I planed to start in a later step, but because of that I will perhaps start that first instead with some modification using their assets in a partnership instead of buy as planned. plus they are house builders. They have a good build house, although they are rather poor.)

As you say it's important with good contacts, so less hard if get them inside family-in-law   :)

You romantic devil you !!!!.

.I asked my GF about having not one but two backups....she hit me with not one but two frying pans..

• Like 3

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Hey Folks!

Let's not make this a gun debate, ok?  

Next person who posts on guns buys pizza for the rest of us,

:89:

(Happy Birthday)

BOB here is your pizza

pizza_gun.jpg

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

Update of plan: My expected future wife missbehaved some, so I skip her and will chose one of the others, who have told they are interested. (To talk about the PRACTICAL differences - the other parts are rather similar - one have knowledge about banking and business permits, the other have a skilled family in one of the business ideas I planed to start in a later step, but because of that I will perhaps start that first instead with some modification using their assets in a partnership instead of buy as planned. plus they are house builders. They have a good build house, although they are rather poor.)

I think you are looking at the Philippines at the wrong angle. While many foreigners move there looking for love and companionship (get a CAT!) they are but a large % of the foreigners who move to Phils. Many others do so for economic reasons that have nothing to do with love.

May I suggest you move your broken body to Phils to recover and then simply look for a maid / cook with benefits? :dance: You do, I assume understand the English use of 'benefits' in this situation?

This way you get to recover in a better climate and do not have any issues of girl friends behaving badly and whilst in the Philippines you are better able to find a woman who may be able / willing to accept your controlling nature...... You can pay your household staff a 'better than prevailing' wage and start your local traveling looking for suitable property on which to start building your social experiment base on. much better to come to Phils and start traveling to see what is available yourself.

After all, if you are ready and able to go except for your 'injury'...... why wait? GO! Get on with your life and please do start a blog on this forum so we can follow your progress.

And for those other members who may not agree with Thomas's views on girl friends..... having a back up plan isn't such a bad idea! You know, just in case when you marry that lovely Pinay, the love of your life, your virgin-in-waiting.... and on your wedding night.... 2 things come up! :hystery: WAITER! CHECK PLEASE!

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Still find it quite amazing how when problems with a future wife, supposed 'love of your life' come to head, you can still have another 2 lined up & even they have to meet your business qualifications rather than personality and looks.......something very wrong with this picture, setting yourself up for a big fall if you ask me, but then again no one did! ;0)

Good luck!

Why??  I STARTED with telling they are SIMILAR about the other things.

Don't all (unmarried) foreigners get many invites in Phili?    :)    

(Most of them I have told direct we can't suit living together, to a few I have said I am (=were) occupied.  That's why I knew of a few already.)

.I asked my GF about having not one but two backups....she hit me with not one but two frying pans..

Yes, I agree with her NORMALY, but they weren't ment as backups, because I expected to marry the missbehaving one, I just knew them a bit anyway, both after I were occupied already.  I have rather many Filipina FRIENDS, but only very few of them can suit to be "converted" to become my gf  :)    I have told the "candidates" of the changed situation INCLUDING telling I think of more than one (few) now before I decide. Depend of what they think too  :)  but they are both hurt by missbehaving ex boyfriends, so it seem they find my honesty very important. At least it seem so, because they are eager to talk much to me  :)  The situation with the missbehaving is rather new, so I have just thought of the new situation a short time so I'm not ready to decide who I prefer yet. It take some time to ask about things, which don't suit to ask anyone back when I told I were occupied, because I ask in a way trying to avoid giving them leading questions about the extra important things for suiting. So far they have answered very similar, extra hard to chose when they are so very similar in personalities ... :)    

Perhaps the not chosen one will want to marry a friend, who want to follow me moving there. I hope it will not end up both of them prefer him    :hystery:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Thomas, if you don't mind, I was wondering what the ex-girlfriend did to "misbehave" ?

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Update of plan: My expected future wife missbehaved some, so I skip her and will chose one of the others, who have told they are interested. (To talk about the PRACTICAL differences - the other parts are rather similar - one have knowledge about banking and business permits, the other have a skilled family in one of the business ideas I planed to start in a later step, but because of that I will perhaps start that first instead with some modification using their assets in a partnership instead of buy as planned. plus they are house builders. They have a good build house, although they are rather poor.)

I think you are looking at the Philippines at the wrong angle. While many foreigners move there looking for love and companionship (get a CAT!) they are but a large % of the foreigners who more to Phils. Many others do so for economic reasons that have nothing to do with love.

May I suggest you move your broken body to Phils to recover and then simply look for a maid / cook with benefits? :dance: You do, I assume understand the English use of 'benefits' in this situation?

Not sure if you missunderstood what I wrote. The not economical things with them are very similar, so I wrote about the DIFFERENCES.

--

It isn't an option to go yet, because my injury would be much worse by traveling that far, so it will need to heal enough to manage to travel first.

Yes, I know of such solutions. Actualy my grandparents started by my grandmother became housekeeper to my grandfather, they ended up married

whilst in the Philippines you are better able to find a woman who may be able / willing to accept your controlling nature...... You can pay your household staff a 'better than prevailing' wage and start your local traveling looking for suitable property on which to start building your social experiment base on. much better to come to Phils and start traveling to see what is available yourself.   After all, if you are ready and able to go except for your 'injury'...... why wait? GO! Get on with your life and please do start a blog on this forum so we can follow your progress.   And for those other members who may not agree with Thomas's views on girl friends..... having a back up plan isn't such a bad idea! You know, just in case when you marry that lovely Pinay, the love of your life, your virgin-in-waiting.... and on your wedding night.... 2 things come up!  WAITER! CHECK PLEASE!

Why do you believe I'm controlling ??? 

In OPPOSITE I prefer to be a "follower", IF it's done good enough, but often it end up I feel I have to lead things, often wanted by others even when I don't want to myself   :) 

(E g when I moved many believed I were going to start making the club good in the new city too, but I said;  "Noooooo, now I will do totaly other things."    But it took just a half year   :hystery:  before i felt to sorry for the kids there, they got stucked in development not geting good assistance, so I ended up leading them to the Elite too.)

A/ I am usualy in STARTUPS of businesses and organisation leadings, but just because to make it FUNCTION good. As soon as they have learned to think effective themselves, I let them DECIDE MUCH MORE THEMSELVES.   ="Freedom with responsibility".  Because of that uncommon FREEDOM , I could keep a skilled software developer many years, although Motorola offered him MUCH higher salary than I could...

B/ Private I have some minimum demands, NOT any hard to fullfill one by one, but hard to find at same woman  :)     If fullfilled, I prefer to let HER decide most things as long as she left my office in peace   :hystery:

But I don't like to have ANY people living in my house, I want to live FAR away to my closest neighbour, so of course I don't want any household staff     :)      I plan to have one BUSINESS employed living where my road connect to the public road 300 meter or so from my house, so he can function as a combined worker and guard both the business and my home a bit at the same time.

--

Because it's not easy to find a wife with an not each so hard, but a some uncommon combination, I better find wife BEFORE I start making any detailed local travel, because I plan to live at a suiting distance from her family, so I need to know where they live FIRST   :)

I haven't moved yet BECAUSE of the injury is to bad to manage to move without geting much WORSE. When it's healed enough, then I ONLY need to get my house emptied and sold to be READY to move.

-- 

I didn't have a backup gf, I just happened to have some more "wife material" among my FRIENDS.

Thomas, if you don't mind, I was wondering what the ex-girlfriend did to "misbehave" ?

Well. I have found some nice places in her home province, so perhaps we end up as neighbours  :)

and perhaps some of you will visit me if I move there, and I don't want to hang her out any much, so I don't tell any details,

but she started jumping telling some important things, NOT worse than I can find them OK, but I don't find it OK she didn't tell me, because it damaged the trust needed for a good marriage...

relcarve25
Posted
Posted

2. Filipino parents bring up their children from birth to be their 'Pension Plan.' I think this is dreadfully unfair on their children who deserve to be able to make their own way in life without the enormous boulder of parental need hung around their necks. So many children are told that it is their duty and obligation to support their parents in old age

and to sacrifice their own chances of happiness and family life to provide for the education of numerous siblings which their parents chose to bring into the world. 

Well. I agree about the GREEN part IF some of them are just lazy,

BUT what's wrong with:

2a. Education are paid by other family members for (one of) the oldest siblings. After get higher pay by that, then finance education for next sibling and so on?  Many poor farmer families have managed to give all siblings (with brain for studies) College/university educations by such!

:)

Sorry! Still not used to the 'Quote' system. My 'bad.'

RED part;  Sounds fine the way you write it but it's not an ideal world- I have experienced many examples where this may have been the good intentioned original plan. Unfortunately too often the first sibling in line is the ONLY one to get a decent job. The next 5-10 siblings are a mixture of lazy, unlucky and none get the necessary 'good' job for years. The first child is lumbered for many years with helping his parents and being expected to finance the others as they 'come on line.' I've seen this happen many times. The eldest doesn't get a chance to establish his own life!