Disparaging Comments & Flat Out Rudeness In Manila

londonirish53
Posted
Posted

Retired in Samar,  All the Best in Happy retirement now that it has finally come round for you !

I see you come from a certain Town which produced a fairly "Famous Rock n Roll " singer !!  Anywhere close by to the original

and less salubrious family encampment than that of The Grander 'Graceland'...

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have only lived here 2 weeks and I am WAY out of town in the barangay.  But I know a couple neighbors have said some rude things to my girlfriend.  She won't tell me who or what... but another friend told me they did.  But there are going to be people that don't understand and make up what they want to about people.  Nothing to be done really.

• Like 3

GregZ
Posted
Posted

the RUDENESS STOPPED as they saw that I was not a DOM,

Just thought I would come back again and mention that the original 'excessive' comments are gone.  Probably because of as Pittman had happen, they see us regularly and figured out we aren't tourists.  :bash:  Yeah for that...

It was only a bother to me because my lady was bothered.  I didn't know her mouth could form the words I heard from her a couple times.  Her soft skin is getting thicker though.  :hystery:  I don't think they liked the English lesson she gave them either. :hystery:

Everyone keep smilin' and have a wonderful day.  Life is gOOd in the Philippines!  :540:

• Like 4

Retired in Samar
Posted
Posted

Retired in Samar,  All the Best in Happy retirement now that it has finally come round for you !

I see you come from a certain Town which produced a fairly "Famous Rock n Roll " singer !!  Anywhere close by to the original

Thanks, I'm sure looking forward to it. Yeah, we are leaving Tupelo, MS, Elvis's birthplace, He is still largely celebrated here with an large tour buses with tourists the world over just to come touch the old display case that held Elvis's guitar at the Tupelo Hardware Store where his moma bought it for him. Unreal!  His birth house was moved to Tupelo years ago to generate the tourism $$.4684293512_c236e003d9_z.jpgannual Elvis Festival. We still see 

Personally, I'd rather be in PI listening to disparaging remarks!  :cheersty:

• Like 4

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Thanks, I'm sure looking forward to it. Yeah, we are leaving Tupelo, MS, Elvis's birthplace, He is still largely celebrated here with an large tour buses with tourists the world over just to come touch the old display case that held Elvis's guitar at the Tupelo Hardware Store where his moma bought it for him. Unreal!  His birth house was moved to Tupelo years ago to generate the tourism $$.4684293512_c236e003d9_z.jpgannual Elvis Festival. We still see 

Personally, I'd rather be in PI listening to disparaging remarks!  :cheersty:

Hey! If you look real real real real real close... I think you can see Elvis's dead twin baby brother in that pic!

brock
Posted
Posted

I have only lived here 2 weeks and I am WAY out of town in the barangay.  But I know a couple neighbors have said some rude things to my girlfriend.  She won't tell me who or what... but another friend told me they did.  But there are going to be people that don't understand and make up what they want to about people.  Nothing to be done really.

Ignorance and Jealousy .

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Ignorance and Jealousy .

Well I for one am glad he is a nice guy.... if he was that crazy old grissled Kano with a gun living in a nipa hut .... well, there might be an 'incedent!' :thumbsup:

I am lucky that I do not hear such comments because other than the odd time or two I am out with the younger helper, everyone else is my own age or close enough. Also, as an older and getting fatter man.... sex comments about me are welcomed!  Hey baby! I still got it!   :nudie:  Me and all those dead presidents are still lookin good....... :hystery:

• Like 2

londonirish53
Posted
Posted

What  a strange man you are Bruce, you don't seem to have a Good Word to say about anything on here, I bet those lovely people in The Phils just can't wait to have you back for another Moany Vacation !! Met your type all over the World, and I quickly move on to some more pleasant people. The Ugly American as in a previous Thread seems to have  somewhat surfaced again !!

Not that I'm anti USA,  just quite particular in my outlook, Ya'll  know what I mean !

I bet the fingers will be itching to' Like' my post, but I fear the keys won't be hit for fear of speaking out, never mind, I've addressed my view on this, and for me, that's enough !!!

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

What  a strange man you are Bruce, you don't seem to have a Good Word to say about anything on here, I bet those lovely people in The Phils just can't wait to have you back for another Moany Vacation !! Met your type all over the World, and I quickly move on to some more pleasant people. The Ugly American as in a previous Thread seems to have  somewhat surfaced again !!

Not that I'm anti USA,  just quite particular in my outlook, Ya'll  know what I mean !

I bet the fingers will be itching to' Like' my post, but I fear the keys won't be hit for fear of speaking out, never mind, I've addressed my view on this, and for me, that's enough !!!

I say a lot of good things...... In person I come off a bit smoother than in the flat aspect of the written word. I don't mean to offend anyone. Just being me.....   :why-me:  :th_imstupid: The Ugly American is a well deserved label. But then in reading the Daily Mail everyday and the articles on hooligans and yobs..... It appears that many cultures share that same label... If you want to address any thing specific, send me a PM. Always glad to read more and respond.

• Like 2