Disparaging Comments & Flat Out Rudeness In Manila

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Yes, Asian genes dominates over western genes concerning main looks as eyes and hair color. Even 1/4 Asians look more Asian than white.  (Perhaps you have seen the American 6-lings, who have a white mother and a half Asian-white father?)

Yep I remember high school genetics, brown eyes and dark hair are dominant genes; there are exceptions of course, my eldest daughter has blonde hair and blue eyes despite my kids' mother being aboriginal (native Australian for those that don't know).  Yes I was blonde back when I had hair.  My two other kids are dark haired and brown eyed though but reasonably fair skinned, whilst my eldest has a dark olive complexion; more Hispanic looking than anything else I guess.  They all started off like me; a shock of white blonde hair up until their early teens, the eldest is the only one that kept it.  Genetics, interesting subject.

• Like 4

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

Genetics is unpredictable. One of my closest friends in college is Danish. He married a Filipina. Their son does not look Danish nor Filipino. He is neither European nor Asian looking. Mother and son are currently visiting Honolulu (father passed away in 2011). Best description is Hapa (Hawaiian pidgin for half & half) or Heinz 57 Variety.   

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted

African negro is another good example. Just a small percentage in the heritage and you will have kinky hair and negroid features.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thread necro.

There we were, wandering down the street outside Robinsons in Dumaguete and guess who had a go?  Not a native of this land we all decided to settle in... A kiwi.  Funny thing is, Dumaguete is probably the last place you would expect this sort of sh**.  University town, I have an even mix of European and Pinoy neighbours, there's a huge expat population but it's mainly academic based.  Some idiot took a liking to my lady, normally I'd be flattered but this guy kept on at me "dirty old man", "how much, how much?".  All this in front of Princess's 16yo daughter.  He would not let up.  I kept trying to walk away, but when he grabbed my by the shoulder, military training kicked in after trying to calm him down for about 10mins.  Police showed up, thankfully someone reasonably high in the local constabulary is a neighbour and sheep f"*#%er was the one hauled away.  Talk about the ugly expat.  So sad.  Why?

Sad face Snr Chief.

PS not living there yet, just on a visit.  Back the other day.

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted

Thread necro.

There we were, wandering down the street outside Robinsons in Dumaguete and guess who had a go?  Not a native of this land we all decided to settle in... A kiwi.  Funny thing is, Dumaguete is probably the last place you would expect this sort of sh**.  University town, I have an even mix of European and Pinoy neighbours, there's a huge expat population but it's mainly academic based.  Some idiot took a liking to my lady, normally I'd be flattered but this guy kept on at me "dirty old man", "how much, how much?".  All this in front of Princess's 16yo daughter.  He would not let up.  I kept trying to walk away, but when he grabbed my by the shoulder, military training kicked in after trying to calm him down for about 10mins.  Police showed up, thankfully someone reasonably high in the local constabulary is a neighbour and sheep f"*#%er was the one hauled away.  Talk about the ugly expat.  So sad.  Why?

Sad face Snr Chief.

PS not living there yet, just on a visit.  Back the other day.

Hey Senior Chief,

I'm a little disappointed that he wasn't hauled away in an ambulance.  Are you going soft on me Senior?

Good thing you had a respected member of the community to testify in your behave.  But nevertheless,

a good swift kick in the balls against that douche bag disrespecting you and your GF, deserves perhaps

a double kick anyway, just for chits and giggles. 

On a few occasions, I confronted a group of tan bys (standby), Filipino punks standing on the street corner

as they stare at my wife and whispering in Tagalog about her.  Usually I just walk directly at them, remove

my shades and stare at them eye ball to eye ball.  Thank god Judy restrained me from going over the edge.

But for overall safety and enjoying the rest of your life in peace, please do not follow my example.  I have

the luxury of confronting my fellow Filipinos and giving them a taste of their own medicine.  I can also use

what they call name dropping -- when necessary, I can produce a calling card given to me and my wife from

a certain PNP colonel.  It's a get out of jail card or entitlement to receive preferential treatment.  The laws of

the Jungle requires you to have friends in high places.....he, he.

Good on ya Mate -- Jake

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

This stuff does not happen to me... usually when I am out on Samar the locals there tell any woman around (in Waray) that 'she can do better'.... :hystery:

• Like 1

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted
so maybe I should just stay inside the condo complex until then? Nah, I'm gonna live my life.
Dude, don't let the negative Sons of witches get to you! You're right, live your life its them that can't seem to live theirs. I'm kinda glad that I didn't got to Manila, because when I arrived I thought that I was going to be lynched by all the glares and sneers that greeted me. I think I'm going to keep my booty right here in Cebu. I'm sorry you had to go through that nonsense dude I really am, but its like someone else said on here: If it don't kill ya it'll make you stronger. Something like that :tiphat:
  • Like 2

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted
Some people just close their eyes and ears to it.
I try to, which is why I'm kinda glad that I don't understand Visaya or Tagalog too well, but there are some times when the exact meaning hits you square in the face no matter what language is used.
  • Like 2

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted
Metro Cebu. In rural areas, there will be stares and sometimes insenstive questions like, "Why are you so dark?" My advice was to consider such questions are mere curiousity. There is no malice intended.
While I'm not really ignored in Cebu, I still get the stares though but not the "Why are you so dark?" part, because I've been running into a lot of Jamaicans and Africans that I guess that my skin tone don't really look so strange anymore.
  • Like 1

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted
look forward to a LOT more time here as I LOVE THIS PLACE & THE PEOPLE that make it such a GREAT PLACE.
The same here! I meet more cool Filipinos than bad ones! I'm grateful to even be allowed here and even more grateful to get a full cultural exposure. I still have lots to learn (i.e. visay/or tagalog)but I've got all the time in the world and where I'm sittin' its one helluva a pearl :dance:
  • Like 3