Disparaging Comments & Flat Out Rudeness In Manila

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Wow, Americano some of those are pretty f'ed up!  I would expect something more like commenting on age difference or rude comments about marrying a foreigner just for money.  But those are extremely insulting.  (and no matter how I get I don't want to bang it with a coconut!)    :tiphat:

I wonder do they say things like that because because they think she is whoring herself to a foreigner so she is low class, or do they talk to all their women that way?   I really don't see why anyone would care that much what other people do.  There are so many millions of people there it is not like we are stealing all their women. And if someone is lucky enough to find happiness with somebody why hassle them?   I have never understood people.  And sometimes I hope I never do...   

I'm sorry to say that intrigue, drama and tsismis (gossiping) is a daily occurrence, even among the local people.

Now along comes a new face....a tall white man walking hand in hand with a beautiful Pinay.  It's the new talk 

around town because of deeply entrenched grab mentality fueled by simple jealousy.  

Things will never change, just deal with it -- Jake

I was talking with people I know today and one of them said I am with my GF most of the day and she sleeps with me every night but there is still gossip about me sleeping with many other women here so yes Jake tismis is still the norm here and best to be ignored. Jealousy is the norm here.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

So... last time I was in Tijuana... when I was called "puto Americano".... that might not be a friendly term? I smiled and said "good day to you too, sir" because I assumed he wanted to be friends.

I didn't read your post correctly, I thought you said it happened in the Philippines. 

"In many places, such as Mexico, it is a pejorative reference to a gay man (this usage is present in Don Quixote). In others, like Cuba and Puerto Rico for example, puto is simply a comment on a man who is promiscuous and a womanizer (depending on context or tone, it can be extremely offensive or teasing). In Puerto Rico puto or palgo may refer to a womanizer. In the Philippines, however, the term is unoffensive as it is used instead to refer to rice muffins."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_profanity#Puto

So Mike is that like having your cake and eating it.

• Like 2

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have and i keep on having comments as such. For as long as wife does not mind (got used to it), i will not give it a second look, waste of time. The majority of this country is occupied from the locals who are as such.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
Negative blanket comments removed.
  • Like 4

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

The majority of this country is occupied from the locals who are as such. 

:AddEmoticons04230: :AddEmoticons04230:   well said,

this should make the top 20 forum posts for 2013

Quote adjusted. See original post. Please do NOT continue to encourage blanket racial statements.

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have and i keep on having comments as such. For as long as wife does not mind (got used to it), i will not give it a second look, waste of time. The majority of this country is occupied from the locals who are as such. 

I'm sorry but I just find this statement kind of rude to all Filipinos.  Am I missing something?

You are right, Bob, so I am editing the post and subsequent quotes of it
  • Like 5

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm sorry but I just find this statement kind of rude to all Filipinos.  Am I missing something?

Well the comment may be a bit too wide and blunt, but there is no shortage of forum members who told interesting stories about the differences in foreigner thinking and the thinking of the local pinoy.

I accept the locals for what they are, what ever that may mean and at what ever level they operate at. I think the actual issues are best said in simple examples of Asking for a Coke Zero just to be told it is Out Of Stock Sir when you can clearly see them in the case. When asked about this they say that they are Black Cokes.... One might think that the server should be able to put 1+1 to get 2 and see that a Coke Zero and a Black Coke are the same things. Or not......

It is this kind of every day lack of deductive reasoning that becomes somewhat annoying to many foreigners. Many similar examples have been posted.

But on the positive side... no one here is complaining how the local Pinay finds our collective FAT FOREIGNER BUTTS attractive! :541:  :tiphat: GAWD bless those Pinays with poor eyesight! LOL

Adjust the quote
  • Like 5

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

But on the positive side... no one here is complaining how the local Pinay finds our collective FAT FOREIGNER BUTTS attractive! GAWD bless those Pinays with poor eyesight! LOL

Bruce, are you referring to actual FAT FOREIGNER BUTTS or the wallets that protrude from their behinds?

• Like 4