One Sack Of Rice Needed To Jail A Pedophile

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The girl in the photograph is 14 years old, mildly retarded, and pregnant. The father of the baby is the mother's boyfriend. The police won't arrest him because the mother refuses to file a complaint. The boyfriend is also the family's bread winner so there is no incentive for her. For the police, adding another prisoner in a crowded jail means one more mouth to feed on a limited budget. It is easier for the adults to just ignore the problem. In the meantime, the girl lives in terror. The abuse will continue.

The solution is one sack of rice. That's enough to feed the father of the baby for one year. In jail. We will worry about buying another sack next year. The price for 50 kilos of rice is $50.

Philippine Basic Needs is an outreach program providing healthcare and donated goods to poor families and children in Samar, Philippines. It is an IRS approved 501 © (3) charity.

Philippines Basic Needs

6798 Stirling Rd

Hollywood, FL 33024

post-1632-0-55416200-1358910206_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Bruce
Posted
Posted

They can run, but they can't hide! Forget DOG the Bounty Hunter! JJ is on the trail....

And you pretty much summed it up. The abuse will continue (for now).

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have heard that a parent has to file the complaint if a child is involved. Is that true?

So often the family profits off the abuse of the children the family would never complain.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

As a marketing idea, I don't know if this would do as much good as your other one. Those who will respond to the harder emotional sell will always be smaller in number than the softer emotional sell. ie: SPCA - would you be more likely to donate if you saw a bunch of cuddly new born kittens looking for mom to feed them or a straggly old cat that is half dead from being hit by a car? Kittens have it -sorry for your pain, Mr Old Cat. Remember - anger fades away quickly but that which makes you cry lasts forever... Well, maybe not exactly but you get the idea.

I'm not saying this isn't a good marketing ploy but rather that it would work best in select markets. Your softer one could be used anywhere and at any time. At the stage Bruce is in with his charity, I think making a "face" is more of a priority with this stage and your first idea would bring a great face to the charity. And having the 5 cards you can send out is a great way to extend that face. One of the great things about the softer presentation is that you can donate the money for somebody else (for a birthday, anniversary, etc) and have the cards to give them for that event. Other family members or friends will see the cards, decide they might want to donate and voila - there are extra cards so they can take one enabling them to know where to donate to as well.

My gawd but is sounds like I am ripping your ideas apart! Not so! This idea does work (in my opinion) in select markets but the first method to me is just really really really good with a score on the BobLikes Meter of 12/10 while this one comes in with a 7.5/10 for present use but rises in time to 8.5/10 as the PBNOP becomes more widely known.

Oh my gawd, don't put analytical issues in front of me 10 minutes after I get up and out of bed when I didn't sleep well... I am more like Data in the early days of TNG when I first wake up... No humanity and all circuits are functioning at subpar!

:morning1:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I agree with you Bob. I didn't want to be the first one to sound negative but that opening post sure sounds like pure propaganda.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I was the Master at identifying great advertising because I was also the Master at supplying the poorer campaigns .. :mocking:

Seriously, I have done a lot of work in marketing and one of the things I found is that, when trying to supply more than one possible route to follow, one is going to be (hopefully) great and the other(s) will have a hidden or minor flaw. It doesn't have to be a really big flaw but just something to keep it from achieving the levels of the other path. And the first idea JJ brought out is absolutely great for all cases where as this one has a selective target group.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
And the first idea JJ brought out is absolutely great for all cases where as this one has a selective target group.

I am Bob is right. The first one informs friends and relatives about the donation. Sending them a copy of the "Thank You" card is also an endorsement on my part that this is a good non-profit organisation worthy of support.

The second part still riles me. There is a feeling of helplessness that a vulnerable child is not being protected.

Americano
Posted
Posted

For most people just looking at the face and eyes of this girl will turn them off from helping. She doesn't look normal. Also, how many more babies will she have without a husband?

Bruce
Posted
Posted

For most people just looking at the face and eyes of this girl will turn them off from helping. She doesn't look normal. Also, how many more babies will she have without a husband?

She is 14 (FOURTEEN) as like the original post says... she has a 'slight' case of mental retardation! As for her face... you are not being asked to marry her.... She is what she is, BUT with a little help, maybe she can have a better life and an IUD installed, now that the RH bill was signed into law. Or at least birth control pills which are less than $3 a month in Phils.

The point is, that regardless of your opinions of her, she could use a helping hand! So man up and do something to help the enviroment! Of course it is not your responsibility. But then, so what. Helping is a human response... well, at least for some of us.

You belong to a church? Print her pics out and take them to church and see if there is someone willing to organize a small 'adopt a retard' program to help her out. Or not and then just stand back and make comments that 'someone' should do something!

• Like 4

sjp52
Posted
Posted

God help you if you ever have a child and he or she is handicapped in any way. If you do you will have your eyes opened to the fact that the true beauty is what is inside. Yes she is different than most, But that only means she needs someones help more so than most as a lot of people think the way you do. If you decide to help some one in need IMO you should help the needeist ( I think I just invented a new word :mocking: ) first and work your way up. It is the greatest gift you could ever give yourself.

• Like 4