One Sack Of Rice Needed To Jail A Pedophile

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Yes, beauty is only skin deep... but I bet Sally Struthers has a team of people and photoshoppers for every child they show a picture of. I'm not saying it is the right way - but a team of advertisers pick the kids to be the public face of a charity.

And i commend you for the work you do over there. I really do. I just saw pictures of my girlfriend's cousins at a birthday party. Clean. happy, smiling, and anorexically thin - like straight out of the concentration camp. And this is with good parents, just poor parents. I think i will be feeding some folks when I get over there!

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

For most people just looking at the face and eyes of this girl will turn them off from helping. She doesn't look normal. Also, how many more babies will she have without a husband?

Did you read the story? She is a slightly retarded kid raped by her mothers boyfriend. How many more babies with out a husband might depend on how many more times she is raped. :bash:

• Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted

I'm sorry if I was out of line and I really do appreciate those who are trying to help the less fortunate and victims.

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I'm sorry if I was out of line and I really do appreciate those who are trying to help the less fortunate and victims.

Well, no need to fall on your sword... just a simple marriage proposal might do the trick.... LOL!

Unfornately, there is no 'fix' for her due to her retardation. Just some support to easy the life she has now and at 14, she has a long way to go.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
If you do you will have your eyes opened to the fact that the true beauty is what is inside.

Yes, e g many very beautiful woman at the outside are the must uggly at the inside. Some notice already as small child, while others never learn, get fooled over and over again by outside beauty... :)

Unfornately, there is no 'fix' for her due to her retardation.

Well. Most of the retarded can do much more than most people believe.

(E g the parents to one of my brothers-in-law have given foster care, taking care of kids with Downs syndrom belonging to others. They treated them as NORMAL kids, just as they were a bit younger than they were. Result: (One died by heart failure which is common among them) but other now work, earning enough to have own appartment, are good at playing drums and some computer games, just needing some assistance with some paper work, but can handle all daily life things himself.)

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Yes, but that is 1st world thinking. Treating 'them' as normal in Phils is well, normal! There are no real social services available and no safety net outside of the family. So the retarded are allowed to function as well as they can in the family. This 14 yr old was up until recently, in school, but WAY behind. She has a younger sibling to look after in the day now so she can function up to that level.

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)
This 14 yr old was up until recently, in school, but WAY behind.

Together with them as SAME age as herself?

If so, not odd she get behind, which make her lose confiedience, which make her get more behind...

I believe better be put together with them at similar level.

Same as the foster parrents did, can be done by biological parents too,

but yes sure easier in 1st world where there are special school classes for students with less capacity.

Edited by Thomas

Bruce
Posted
Posted

If so, not odd she get behind, which make her lose confiedience, which make her get more behind...

but yes sure easier in 1st world where there are special school classes for students with less capacity.

Schools in the Philippines do NOT have same age students in each class. True story. I took a street kid at 13 who had started but not finished 2nd grade. I paid his fees for the term and he was put back into 2nd grade! Did not work out too well.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Schools in the Philippines do NOT have same age students in each class. True story. I took a street kid at 13 who had started but not finished 2nd grade. I paid his fees for the term and he was put back into 2nd grade! Did not work out too well.

Bruce, I think your young street ward would be better off with home schooling. Regardless of the fact that he was on the street, he probably learned a bit more there than most would give him credit for.. If there are 4 of us and I only steal 3 lunches, that means I have to find one more lunch to steal or beg... Sorry! Poor humour but do you see my point? If he could have been worked with to find out what he knew and then bring him up to speed on the rest of the work, he may have done quite well and possibly stayed around to finish school - or at least to a level that would give him options. Or am I just reaching on this?

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)

OK. Do you mean she was way behind 1st graders in elementary school too?

Edited by Thomas