A Us National Shot A Fiscal Inside The Palace Of Justice

i am bob
Posted
Posted
I just heard on the news (CBC) that apparently this guy was born in the US and obtained Canadian citizenship while working as a reporter for Canadian news services. So the original post was correct - he was an American though he entered the Philippines on his Canadian passport. As for what Dave said? So very true. It's becoming a very small Blue Marble we live on and nationalities are hard to separate all the time. And Bruce? I don't know if Minnesota would qualify as some part of the world with too much sand. Though Paul Gross did make a good Mountie, I like his dog better. He's had another series since - Men With Brooms. Not housekeeping but curling. Only in Canada!

Well that does explain a lot. If the guy was a US born and raised kind of guy... well everyone knows how violent 'we' are. How did he get Canadian citizenship... unless they lowered the standards...

There is a white guy out on Samar who everyone told me about because he has such a bad attitude to the locals. Canadian they all said he was. I finally met himand he is from Austria / Germany or close to it. But he worked for Canada for 20 + yrs and has a Canadian pension. I knew that if he really had such a bad attitude, he COULD'T be a Canadian!

Ah, Bruce, you know us Canadians are all really nice, eh? It was the sand in Minnesota that caused this guy's problems... You ever notice that people from Minnesota sound more Canadian than Canadians do? Seriously, the first 2 lines were for clarification of where this guy was from. He had been in Canada for long enough to be considered Canadian. The rest of this was just for fun!

Gotta ask... The old guy? Is his name Hans? I had heard that the old Bar Manager at the Junior Ranks club in Baden (Germany) retired to "One of the further Islands" of the Philippines when the base (and the bar) closed. You never know... It does sound like him... hehe!

Bruce
Posted
Posted
Ah, Bruce, you know us Canadians are all really nice, eh? It was the sand in Minnesota that caused this guy's problems... You ever notice that people from Minnesota sound more Canadian than Canadians do? Seriously, the first 2 lines were for clarification of where this guy was from. He had been in Canada for long enough to be considered Canadian. The rest of this was just for fun! Gotta ask... The old guy? Is his name Hans? I had heard that the old Bar Manager at the Junior Ranks club in Baden (Germany) retired to "One of the further Islands" of the Philippines when the base (and the bar) closed. You never know... It does sound like him... hehe!

Well other than Mary and Rhoda and the gang, I don't know much about Minnesota! The guy out on Samar... I do not recall his name but within 3 minutes of meeting him he was giving me the usual 'I can't tell you what kind of work I did, but my unit went all over the world solving problems for the government..."

I refrained from asking if he has a cyanide capsule hidden under a cap in his mouth.... He is moving to Tacloban on Leyte because of multiple 'cases' against him in different disputes with neighbors.

We are not close.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Ah! A story teller! Or was he the one in Cebu? It does sound familiar, doesn't it? I do doubt he is Canadian or has a Canadian pension. More likely he had a farm in Germany and somebody drove over his flock of chickens. Don't laugh! Seriously, insurance companies would figure out how much the chicken was worth to the farmer and all the eggs that chicken would have produced if raised to maturity and all the eggs from that chicken and so on for I don't know how many generations of chickens! The farmers would watch for a car with Canadian plates and then chase their flocks onto the road in front of us. It was insane over there! Go off the road in the fog and hit a tree? One old guy made several million dollars on just one tree! I would bet this was his source of income!

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

I start this topic so we can discuss who was this person ,

maybe understand why he did,what he did

and by this, maybe we can understand ourselves better & learn how to improve our lives,

So we (I) can cope, deal ,handle our living here by issues that could anger or upset us

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

“I have spent helping single-parent mothers and their children.

And I will continue this sponsorship until the day I die.

The other part of my life will be fighting for justice and against corruption. And I will continue this fight until the day that I die.”

John Holdridge Pope, who lived in Cebu for over 15 years,

made good the promise he wrote in a personal journal entitled "Justice Denied"

where he expressed his dismay over the criminal justice system in the country.

The bookbound journal documented his legal skirmishes with his perceived enemies, including Dr. Rene Rafols, who was among those killed in yesterday’s shooting rampage.

“The best I can hope for is probably not to be deported from the Philippines,

a country and people I have come to love despite its widespread poverty and corruption. And regardless of what happens, my legacy will always be that I made an extraodinary effort of fighting both,” he said.

Pope said he spent at least P3 million helping single mothers and their children in the last 14 years.

He said he helped families in Argao, Alcantara, Negros Occidental, and Cebu City, among others.

Pope recounted an experience with Deputy City Prosecutor Oscar Capacio which he accused of demanding money from him.

“All it takes to bribe a police or court officials in the Philippine is about P40,000,” he said.

He was also disappointed when he was accused of sexually abusing children.

The book he wrote, Justice Denied, was based on his experiences in his quest for justice in the past three years.

Based on the records of the Municipal Trial Court in Cities (MTCC), Pope has three pending cases: unjust vexation, grave threats, qualified trespass to dwelling, and malicious mischief—all were filed by Dr. Rene Rafols.

He is also facing charges of Violence Against Women for purportedly inflicting harm upon his live-in partner.

A case for illegal gun possession against Pope was dismissed by the court.

Pope said he worked as a full time speechwriter and researcher for the provincial caucus of backbenchers in the ruling Progressive Conservative Party for the province of Manitoba in Canada where he was asked to give input on mandatory mediation required for divorce cases./

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/345497/who-is-john-pope

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

...maybe understand why he did,what he did...

Who is he and what did he do? The article says he is facing some charges but doesn't say much. In the comments they make it sound like he killed someone. I have never heard of him.

Curley
Posted
Posted

...maybe understand why he did,what he did...

Who is he and what did he do? The article says he is facing some charges but doesn't say much. In the comments they make it sound like he killed someone. I have never heard of him.

Read the posts about the court gun attack.

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Check out the reader comments from the news article. They pull no punches about their opinions of the legal system. I copied a few here.

http://newsinfo.inqu...ho-is-john-pope

bictima

john pope is victim corrupt prosectuion in cebu city led by oscar capacio Prosectors led oscar capacio made him evillllllllllllllll...........

Legally Black

Bitin pa rin ang news. Get a better researcher. Please PDI, you can do better than this. We want to know more about his life and his sentiments over the Philippine Judicial System. This case is a wake up call to the judiciary.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Yes. The TOLD case is very far from enough reason to even wound shoot anyone, so the question is:

/Is this just "the top of the ice mountain" of much more SERIOUS unfair judgements Pope say he have been fought against long time?

/or is it a crazy over reaction similar to how some Filipins kill people just for small things as insults?

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

http://www.globaltvbc.com/canadian+man+who+killed+2+in+philippines+court+shooting+a+former+bc+reporter/6442794570/story.html

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/how-a-canadian-mans-fight-for-justice-reached-a-bloody-end-in-the-philippines/article7651952/

Here are two articles that describe the man quite well. Personally I think he needed medical help more than anything else. I also think he's taken enough of our time other than that regarding the upgrading of security of the Philippine Judicial system and arguments of the Philippine government in regards to yea / nea for gun control (but not for this forum).

• Like 4

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

what he is was WRONG, no doubt, BUT he had reached his "limit" could no longer handle it,,

after reading the links that BOB provided, it gives a better understanding to him.

2. if you removed CEBU or PHILIPPINES and added.. Houston.San Jose. Miami. . . would this be a major news here..,NO,,

would the press be having a FRENZY if it was a local/native who did this? i think not/

3. he brought out what he felt was wrong w/the system and died for his beliefs.

I just hope that he had applied for Citizenship forhis 2 children , so they will have the chance to live in a "more free" country that doesnt have much problems than here..... ie. justice.etc.. etc..(I would add more, . )