Brief Description Of 13A Visa Process In Cebu:

Clermont
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

The 13a allows one to work, I do not think a BB stamp does.  I have been on both... but do not work.   I never could find a good answer online (the BI site has very little info on the BB stamp), but as the BB stamp is a temporary permit I doubt working is allowed.  The work visa is good if you are single. The 13a is good if you are married. Since the 13a is a permanent resident, working is allowed.

Your right about not much government literature on BB visa, but  from my understanding and reading you have to get the appropriate visa to work. BB is only an extension of a tourist visa. :thumbsup:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Clermont said:

Your right about not much government literature on BB visa, but  from my understanding and reading you have to get the appropriate visa to work. BB is only an extension of a tourist visa. :thumbsup:

Yes.  It doesn't specifically state you cannot work with a BB visa as far as I can see, but nor does it state you can.  I'd imagine that means you cannot.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

We have been here before but OK! let's do it again

The BB Stamp is not a visa. It is an Invitation from the Department of Tourism via the BI to come and visit with your Filipino Spouse. It is for 1 Year and non renewable per Visit. After the 1 year and you have not left the PI you will need to extend and that puts you on a 9a Visa ( and you can't work) or you opt for the 13a route or other permanent visa.

It is safe to say that you will be here undocumented for 1 year [ the Aci card is not mandatory on a BB]  by this I mean no one at all, only you will know you are in the Country. :smile: 

• Thanks 1

Ram1957
Posted
Posted

Dole regulates all employment by foreign nationals and their website makes it clear on who or who cannot work depending on what visa they are on.

http://www.ble.dole.gov.ph/index.php/web-pages/118-alien-employment-permit

• Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Ram1957 said:

In addition, you may want to check out their Q&A

Which will lead you to:  RA 8756, Section 5, Article 60, Para 1, PD 732 Section 2 (c), PD 1590 Section 18

And also tells you that you need a

Certified Photocopy of passport with visa or Certificate but you will notice it does not specify what type of Visa or Certificate as that is up to the BI

Then be sure you are reading the revised rules, latest version AFAIK is Nov 2017

Aww dang it.  They amended the rules again in December.

And when all is said and done, be sure it is an Alien Employment Permit you really want.  Perhaps it is a Special Work Permit or a Provisional Work Permit that best suits your needs.  And to top it off.  That is just step 2 or 3 in a multi-step process.  Philippines love their bureaucracy and one day I hope to figure it all out.

But dang it, now I am really off topic of a 13a visa process.  

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

by this I mean no one at all, only you will know you are in the Country. :smile: 

I bet the wife knows. :hystery:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I bet the wife knows. :hystery:

:whistling: Wouldn't be here if she didn't, I stand corrected sir :smile:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 8/7/2018 at 12:44 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

But dang it, now I am really off topic of a 13a visa process.  

So to the off topic question regarding working on a Balikbayan privilege the BI says ,

The foreign spouse may only be allowed to work if he applies for SWP or 9g visa
You may call these numbers for inquiries and clarifications 527-5655 / 527-3316 / 310-4530    locals 204, 250, 251. Thank you!

2018-08-08_181755.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
jimeve
Posted
Posted

Back on topic, after waiting 6 months for my amendment 13a it was finally approved looking at the BoI Manila site, dated 31/01/2019. So I tried several times to contact Cebu BoI (that's where I'm doing it)  Couldn't get through to them. So wife went anyway today to pick up the card only to be told........Yep you guessed, it Sorry Ma'am  it's still in Manila come back in 3 weeks time:bonk:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, jimeve said:

.Yep you guessed, it Sorry Ma'am  it's still in Manila come back in 3 weeks time:bonk:

Cutting it fine now mate for Reporting EH? :morning1:

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic