Brief Description Of 13A Visa Process In Cebu:

ABCDiamond
Posted
Posted

Mentioning Visa in Cebu just reminded me.  Do NOT wear shorts to the Visa office, they won't allow you in.  Same as Manila I assume.

I am used to wearing shorts at the Visa office in Puerto Galera though.

Midniterider
Posted
Posted

Mentioning Visa in Cebu just reminded me.  Do NOT wear shorts to the Visa office, they won't allow you in.  Same as Manila I assume.

I am used to wearing shorts at the Visa office in Puerto Galera though.

That has been updated. See #2 Announcement on main BI page. 

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2106&Itemid=103

ABCDiamond
Posted
Posted
That has been updated. See #2 Announcement on main BI page.  http://www.immigrati...2106&Itemid=103

And that memo was dated: Memorandum dated 20 July 2011

Yet in September 2013, I was told that Trousers were needed in Manila, and in March 2013 I saw one person turned away in the Cebu office, for wearing shorts.  They also had a sign there saying NO short or Singlets.

What was it that someone said about "consistency in the Philippines" :)

If you can smile at adversity, it certainly is "more fun in the Philippines"

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

"Memorandum dated 20 July 2011 prescribed"  Is speaking in the past tense and its referring to a memorandum and not the Circular.  The new Circular is not dated and doesn't  give an implementation date, but its time frame may be contained in Circular No. SBM-2013-007. Maybe its the 7th Circular in 2013.

ABCDiamond
Posted
Posted

"Memorandum dated 20 July 2011 prescribed"  Is speaking in the past tense and its referring to a memorandum and not the Circular.  The new Circular is not dated and doesn't  give an implementation date, but its time frame may be contained in Circular No. SBM-2013-007. Maybe its the 7th Circular in 2013.

I see now.  That makes sense. I also found the actual date.

SBM-2013-007 was issued on 01 October 2013 revising the policy on dress code.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
chris49
Posted
Posted

Is it clear to everyone. The 13 A Visa, Permanent Resident as stamped in the passport has no expiration date.

The card is renewed every 5 years per the expiration date on the card. Even then there are some provisions for late renewal eg 200 per month. Or if you are out of the country you get 30 days to catch up without penalty.

It is my understanding that unless you have a criminal conviction or some for of valid complaint against you, the renewal is automatic.

Btw, is there any provision to receive the ACR Card by mail or courier?

• 3 weeks later...
Diver Dan
Posted
Posted

We went the 13 A route which could not be done on Leyte so it involved many extra trips to Cebu and including fees to RJ Agency next door to BOI cost roughly 20,000 p. the first probationary year and neary the same to have it converted a year Then the 'permanent' visa is only valid for 5 rears total.. including the probationary year. If you plan on leaving during the probationary year you must get an exit clearance. After the probationary year the 13A holder must pay a fee to leave the country which last year amounted to roughly 3,000 p. My card has delaminated now and upon my annual 310 p fee payment they instructed me to go to Manila to get a replacement. Another issue I had was that between the timewe Applies and before the probationary card was issued I was called to go on an emergency back to the States which wasagainst their rules so upon return I had to beg forgiveness which was another 4,000 p or so. The punishment nevet sieses.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
you must get an exit clearance

Thanks for the heads up Dan, just got my Prob 13a and we are going to visit Guam soon. Do you get that exit clearance at the airport?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Do you get that exit clearance at the airport?

There are other topics that cover exit clearances but no, you must obtain that at a BI office.   :thumbsup:

Diver Dan
Posted
Posted

If you are married and live in the philippines you can apply by "direct filing" in the US Embassy in Manila if you wish to sponsor your wife to immigrate to the states. We just got that done and while we applied in Nov. it can take as little as 2 months. The interviewer wondered why we waited 7 years to apply and I had to admit that 1. I like it in the Philippines and 2. I immigrated my ex and was gun shy

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic