Brief Description Of 13A Visa Process In Cebu:

cityhall5628
Posted
Posted

Ok on the way to pee eye on thu next week.  I followed your instructions and well It went a lot easier here in L A that I thought it would. I rolled into L A after driving all night and on Thu no line just looked at my docs and said see you on Mon!! Of course I spent a small fortune in doctors mobile notaries and tests. I am really dreading the fact that I have to take alllll my originals to pee eye and not have then stolen or ruined at one point. But when I'm sitting on the san juan beach sipping red horse I'm sure the pain will fade.   

I'm sure my buddy here in the states will be happy to see me hash into the sunset and the hash there in Cebu will be happy to welcome me back

Still looking for a place to rent but hopefully  that will be resolved when I get there.

All you have to do basically is use the website from you local and follow easy directions(stool samples are fun).

on on  from AZ to pee eye

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
the hash there in Cebu will be happy to welcome me back

The Cebu hash is having their 1,000th run on October 3.  I'll be there.  Can you make it?

• 1 month later...
WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

HR-237 114th Congress, Really concerning to me. In the name of what ever they can pull any of our passports.  

Amendments - H.R.237 - 114th Congress (2015-2016): FTO ...

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
HR-237 114th Congress, Really concerning to me. In the name of what ever they can pull any of our passports.  

Not to worry, it's the silly season........getting ready for elections, anything passed will be vetoed, the veto will be upheld.  Hopefully I will be expating it by 2017 when the regimes change.  t is my hope that the checks they send monthly are good till I cash out.

strap
Posted
Posted

Amendments - H.R.237 - 114th Congress (2015-2016): FTO ...

Shouldn't be a problem unless you are "an individual who is a member of, affiliated with, or is otherwise helping a foreign terrorist organization."

...which I doubt you are. :)    Why is it really concerning to you?

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
ALEMAN
Posted
Posted
On 1/24/2013 at 5:18 PM, MikeB said:

Thanks for the information. Yesterday, I spent the entire day (precisely 6 1/2 hrs) at the Mandaue BI office on Step 3. 98% of that was waiting for my name to be called after processing all the forms. The other 2% was getting fingerprints twice - once w/ink, once with a digital scanner then a photo. I have to go back in a month to pick up the card (they say). I would never do this again. If you're married, retired, and have no intention to work (that's me) the balikbayan stamp is far easier and has no fees, no BI as long as you leave once a year. Traveling out of the country yearly is actually a healthy and good thing. My opinion only.

My opinion, BB gives you no rights.

Why so many foreigners live in the RP as a tourist or BB is confounding.

It is technically illegal.

And you will NEVER make the RP your HOME.

You can never own a business, work, vote, own land, nothing.

If it is really your home, you really love it there, live like it!

Just my 2 cents. I know a lot of people just don't care.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, ALEMAN said:

And you will NEVER make the RP your HOME.

I have done for over 10 years and Bought my burial Plot, I call that home :whistling:

You do realise this rather cynical post is in reply to a Post of over 5 years now  So I would ask what is it that you are getting at? Many things have changed in those 5 years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

How do you do your annual reporting here when you are dead, or do have to get someone to do it for you.:huh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • I'm Confused 1

• 4 months later...
DonnyQ
Posted
Posted
On 1/7/2018 at 6:53 PM, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I am on a 13a (spouse) visa. I can have a job (withing limits), own part of a business, cannot vote, cannot own land, and no matter how long I stay here I will still be considered a guest (generally a welcome guest).  They will never think of me as anything but an alien.  How is that really any better than a BB stamp?  If you can afford the annual trip out of the country, I think the BB stamp is wonderful. No immigration visits, no fees, no ECC, nothing.  Hassle free.  :tiphat:

You can work anywhere, so long as it is not a job that requires you to be a citizen. Like senator. You can own a whole business. You are not a guest-you are an Immigrant. Your angry neighbor can't have you deported like a tourist or balikbayan. You will stop being an alien when you choose to be Filipino. I agree that with BB you have ZERO rights. 13a gives you so much.

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic