Staying Home

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Well seems like we are wrong,the Filipinos don't want to leaveWould you be willing to trade your life in the Philippines in exchange for life in another country? What country would this be and why? Updated April 12, 2009 12:00 AM Alexander Raquepo, Ilocos Sur: My life as a Filipino is non-negotiable. I'll stay as a Filipino and do my share in making my country better. Carlito Pajaro, Metro Manila: This question from Ms. Leobrera is a desperate act and anti-Filipino. Doesn't she know that there is no better place to live in other than one's own country?

I would die a proud Pinoy

Digoy Coro, Batangas: No matter how hard it is here because of government corrupt system and officials, the Philippines is for me and I will die a proud Pinoy. Fortunato Aguirre, Bulacan: I love my country and I will never swap it for any other place on earth, except for God's Promised Land: The paradise that is Heaven. Col. Ben Paguirigan Jr., Ret., Zamboanga City: My tokayo, the revered Sen. Ninoy Aquino, once said, "This country is worth dying for." We don't intend to leave; rather, we plan to spend our last years in our scenic country. Raul Muyong, Iloilo: No, the Philippines is still the best place for me. I will serve this country till the end of my life. Mario Tejada, Ilocos Norte: I love my life here and here I will stay 'til the end.Pert Gaspar, Laoag City: Spending my twilight years here is the best option. I cannot give up the things I'm used to enjoying here. Besides being my birthplace, it will also be my grave.

I would just travel

Dianne Aquino, Caloocan City :No, but given the chance, I would only like to visit three of my siblings, plus friends, in the US. I would also visit my daughter in Singapore. Pedro Alagano Sr., Vigan City: No, I'm proud to be a Filipino. My feet remain planted here, but I would allow my eyes to survey the world and put a cornerstone in the US for convenience. Robert Young Jr., San Juan: No, because it will mean leaving my friends. I will also miss my favorite foods and restaurants, the occasional visit to the beach, and especially listening to and speaking in our dialect. Maybe, I will just go abroad for a vacation once in a while. William Gonzaga, Marikina City: Never in my life did I harbor the notion of living anywhere rather than the Philippines. During the 1970s, I did not pursue my application for work in the Middle East even when it was the fad then. But now, we may soon consider visiting Austria where my eldest lives with his wife. I took a fancy on Austria after Adolf Hitler started WWII and changed the world, its peoples, history and politics. Valerie Joyce Go, Tacloban City: I am not willing to leave permanently because this is where I was born and this is where my family and friends live. We have a business here and I think there is no place like home. But if it would only be for a month, I'd say sure, why not? I want to go to Norway, Switzerland or Luxembourg. Ching Gaspar, Laoag City: Hawaii's ideal climate, clean surroundings, scenic views, job opportunities, law-abiding people, corrupt-free government and the presence of fellow Filipinos make it irresistible for me, but I still prefer to stay here for there's no place like home. Rico Fabello, Para

Mike S
Posted
Posted

The man that owned the Filipino store where my balik-bayan were shipped said he in no way would move back here to the Phils and could not understand why I wanted to live here ....... I wonder now that the economy is in the crapper there if he has changed his mind ....... hahahahaha