Bedspaces(Barracks )Living In Afghanistan

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

here is a link(with photos) of the men&women who are serving in the UK armed forces in Afghanistan

for those who has served over there or in a past conflict.maybe this brings back memories.

For those who have not at least you/we can have a better appreciation of how they live while serving their countries armed forces.      :thumbsup: 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-21243173

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

How times have changed...  If any time I was deployed and my rack was as messy as these?  Extra duties!  Everything had to be spotless, neat and regulation as well as identical to your neighbours.  Personal items were allowed but had to be put away when I was not actually present.  Glad I was Air Force and not out often.  Or yachting with the navy and had a nice locker to hide things in - and the rest went into my shop up top in the Air spaces.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Just finished "Unspoken Abandonment", written by a US soldier who kept a journal of his daily life and duties in Afghanistan during early 2003 and his adjustment returning to civilian life. Pretty interesting.

• Like 2

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

God bless the men & women of all our armed forces, just goes to show that whereever you are a flag or similar can make your feel right at home!

• Like 2