Philippine Domestic Airline Tickets

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Well, they changed planes from turbo props to jets. I think this was the factor in raising the level of completed flights. But since I was on a plane that actually flew OVER the Tacloban airport and then back to Cebu..... With no consideration for any passenger disruption or costs for hotels and related things, I think I will remember that for a very long time when asked about Cebu pacific.

Mike B says the article states how they have gotten their act together in the past year... which validates my comment about service back in 2009. Cebu Pacific seems to have no memory for past errors. I do. I would use them IF there was no other choice. Simply on a matter of principle.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Not only the flight companies mensioned above have big errors in their websites. Back close after RP had changed the rules for the fees at the airports for the flight companies, it was a a big difference between these SAME route:

/Stockholm - Manila - Stockholm (lowest price in that search back then landed in HongKong.)

/Because I thought staying a day in HongKong when it land there anyway, I just HAPPENED to check Stockholm-HongKong-Stockholm plus HongKong-Manila-Hongkong separate.

With suiting switches in both cases. The separated one told 300 USD LESS!

I am not sure, but I strongly suspect that ITT Tech may have a branch in the Philippines!   Or perhaps, in a cost cutting measure, PAL uses computer skool interns to program their computers.....

Such errors AREN'T made by the programmers, they are made by the DEVELOPERS who make the STRUCTURE.

(The only thing my father know about computer software developing/programing is that computers "think" true/false for everything, but when the Swedish government got a complicated database developed, he had to tell the developer experts several times "You can't do like that, because it conflict with what you did in the X part."

E g when an acquaintance of mine worked developing and programming a complex database system in his own company, he found out after 2 years work the using became much to slow. DURING he told me about that, I looked at how he had split and structured his databases, I saw why it became very slow, although I have just a half semester of such studies.)

PROGRAMMING need skill for DETAILS, and need of study programming language

while DEVELOPING need skill for STRUCTURE. Such skill you have or you haven't, education can just teach how to communicate with programmers in their "language". (And it can teach the NOT structure skilled students solutions they can COPY   :)   but they CAN'T learn to develop good new structures by themselves...)

The hard part in adjusting PROGRAMMING errors is to find where they are in a lot of programming code,

while an error in the structure can in worst case need the work to be started from the beginning...

(Some less hard to make structuring since object orrianted developing started. IF the main structure is made good enough, then (most of) the rest can be developed as separate modules just communicating e g trough temporary memory or databases, so the separate moduls can't make any mess dor other moduls. IF the structure is made good enough, so the relevant data is LAST put in the communication system before it's needed by the "outside".)

I do not know where the line is betwen Programming and Developing. I see pricing issues that I believe, and this is just my opinion as an observer, that when using the standard RT search, the default is to start at the lowest Fiesta prices and then allow for seating upgrades into other classes.

However, when using the Multi City search option, the Fiesta Class pricing is bypassed and then the (much) higher Mabuhay Class pricing structure is the default set point.

This is to my way of thinking, not productive as it frustrates the viewer into saying "What? Are they crazy" and then going to a different airline's website to see what they can find there.

ALSO................................. I see a lot of posts about 1. Can't enter Phils on a 1 way / open ticket, MUST have a depature ticket in your possession. 2. Buy a cheaper throw  away ticket to any country on any cheap carrier in case you are stopped and asked for the departure ticket info.

So, in doing my own search, this option does not work for me. My current RT PAL cost from LA to Manila and return are about $1200 USD.  But If I want to fly 1 way only, either to Phils or from Phils back to LA, the costs is about $900 each way!

As I am not yet retired, I must return to the US. While I would like to come in on a 1 way and stay 2-4 months and then leave on a 1 way, do so would raise my costs about $600 + the cost of the throw away ticket.

I am going to add this to the 'good ideas that THEY will never follow up on' pile. The easier THEY make it to enter and stay, the GREATER the amount of money is sent / brought into the country. All the usual criminal and deportation laws remain in effect to combat those hiding or causing issues.

As for those hiding and causing issues..... the more I read the media reports, it is the Japanese and Koreans that are the ones hiding or causing criminal issues, not so much the Kano or Kano clones who are more interested in living a retirement life on a fixed income or dying in the arms of a lovely Pinay..... But it is the Kanos and clones that are having these entry and staying issues that in the long run, hurt the Philippine economy.

I stay 2 months and spend xxxx but if easier, I would stay 4 months and then spend xxxxxx and so multiple me by thousand of other semi tourists..... WHY make it harder to enter and stay? The easier it is, the more the money flows... And As for PAL and the other airlines, the more seats filled, so they add planes.

The bottle neck seems to be the government's outdated immigration policys that are hurting the airlines and the rest of the country.  

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I don't know what's wrong in the structures of the mensioned websites.

So, in doing my own search, this option does not work for me. My current RT PAL cost from LA to Manila and return are about $1200 USD.  But If I want to fly 1 way only, either to Phils or from Phils back to LA, the costs is about $900 each way!   As I am not yet retired, I must return to the US. While I would like to come in on a 1 way and stay 2-4 months and then leave on a 1 way, do so would raise my costs about $600 + the cost of the throw away ticket.

It's common flight companies have much lower prices at turn and return tickets.

If you know when you will go back to USA, you can buy a turn and return direct (or one with changeable date, which can be expensive.)

Harder when move there  :)   not knowing when/if ever will leave Phili.

I do not know where the line is betwen Programming and Developing.

The developer do the fun, creative solution ideas and structuring part

and then the programmers do the boring writing of a lot of code texts   :dance:

(Sometimes it's the same person doing both, but the biger project the more likely it's separated. In some organisations (as mine) the developer let programmers tell their oppinion, before decide finaly.)

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Now Bruce, why not get your flight for 4 months (or as desired) return, get the throw-away to get in the country with and then do the extension thing as needed?  That would be cheaper than doing 2 singles or a round trip for a shorter stay, wouldn't it?

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Now Bruce, why not get your flight for 4 months (or as desired) return, get the throw-away to get in the country with and then do the extension thing as needed?  That would be cheaper than doing 2 singles or a round trip for a shorter stay, wouldn't it?

I am not sure what you mean. If I buy a round trip, I do not need a throw away ticket. My goal would be to buy a cheaper one way ticket and then buy a cheaper return ticket from In phils but it is not possible price wize by looking at what is available.

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

To error is human to really fowl things up requires a computer!!!

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I am not sure what you mean. If I buy a round trip, I do not need a throw away ticket. My goal would be to buy a cheaper one way ticket and then buy a cheaper return ticket from In phils but it is not possible price wize by looking at what is available.

But you don't need 2 one way tickets, when you need 1 turn and return ticket  :)    You can solve it as I or bob suggested. There are both tickets with return date months later (and with changable date.) At least with return rather many months later, not sure if a year later.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

But you don't need 2 one way tickets, when you need 1 turn and return ticket   :)    You can solve it as I or bob suggested. There are both tickets with return date months later (and with changable date.) At least with return rather many months later, not sure if a year later.

Not with PAL. They check your dates and you can not buy an open ticket on the internet and they cost more! So all that defeats the original purpose of saving money.  

What I wants, and can not get is say... RT costs $1100 so then... IF they would sell a 1 way at $550 I would buy is and then buy a throw away ticked for say 2,000p to for the cheapest flight to a 3rd country from Phils, + a return ticket to Phils for another 2,000p (now a total of about $100 USD) and then I am legal, in Phils until I want to return to the US and then I buy a 1 way back to LA for that original $550, 3-4-5-6 months later.

But PAL will not allow that. The RT is about $1100, but the 1 way is about $900. So $900 + $900 = $1800 for the same trip, with FIXED dates that cost $1100.

My position is that only a smaller % of travelers want an open ticket and if PAL was to allow it at the same costs as the fixed date tickets, they would increase their number of travelers as those who would fly on Korean air et al would now book on PAL, no need for those throw away tickets and PAL make more money by attracting more fliers.

Even with a open ticket with say 6 months duration, seating is still subject to availability. So Just because you want to leave tomorrow, does not mean there is a seat available, so you still need to book your return in advance.  

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

What I wants, and can not get is say... RT costs $1100 so then... IF they would sell a 1 way at $550 I would buy is and then buy a throw away ticked for say 2,000p to for the cheapest flight to a 3rd country from Phils, + a return ticket to Phils for another 2,000p (now a total of about $100 USD) and then I am legal, in Phils until I want to return to the US and then I buy a 1 way back to LA for that original $550, 3-4-5-6 months later.

Changable ticket was the SECOND alternativ.

But earlier you said 4 months. IF you can decide return date direct, you can buy such TURN AND RETURN ticket, returning (4) months later.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

We have a translation issue OR you are preoccupied with Swedish blonde  girls with large bresticles who think you are tall and handsome (we all know that Homer's boss Mr. Burns is based on you)......

If I have a return date, then there is no issue! I simply buy a RT ticket. But.... here is the confusion area, I want to buy AT THE SAME COST either a 1 way ticket or an open ended ticket so I can decide to extend my stay as my finances may permit.

That is my goal. To travel without an return date but at the same total cost of buying a RT ticket with the return dte already set.

Now, go back to teasing us loosers on how you are in the land of blue eyes and blonde girls.... Of course... I actually prefer Balck hair and dark eyes as found in Asians and their sub set species. But I certainly would not kick a blonde out of bed for eating crackers......

• Like 1