Bought My Tickets

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Yeah, Bruce can get under your skin sometimes but he's all bluff... He'll get mad at me for telling his secrets now... hehe!

Bob! I have not even got a chance to start with the plane crash theories!  :nudie: Here is the plan, but do try to keep it to yourself!

Based on a random number generator such as found in your average slot machine..... Please, tell me what you think and if it sounds credible. I do value your opinion, even if you are Canadian.

So, slot machine addicts, the real hard core ones 'watch' machines and do a lot of math calculations and try to figure out when a machine is 'due' to hit the jacklpot. Statistically, flying (in a commercial plane) is MUCH safer than riding in a car (please leave the jeepney comments out at this time). OK, I accept that. But how long has it been since a commercial plane crashed? I do not mean some Russian or South American jungle air line. But a real 1st world air carrier. United, Delta, You know the big boys....  

Well based on the slot machine being'due' to hit.... is the flying public 'due' for a crash? And on long flights... the longer in the air, the greater chance for a crash, right? :hystery:

Well am I on to something? Huh?  And as for me? I REALLY do not care.... I am BUYING MY OWN TICKETS for trip # 10 now, tonight! Really!

Assuming I do not crash (and burn?) I will be in Phils by the Ides of March for about 60 + days. Mostly out on Samar, But I hope to see GregZ and JJ in Manila during that time.

I am not afraid of flying!  But I do, and PAY ATTENTION.... for those of you traveling for less than 3 months, I do buy medical insurance with a $1,000 deductible. I am more interested in the air ambulance flight out to a 1st world hospital system, IF the need arises, than I am about paying local hospital bills. Usually costs less than $175. Less than $100 for a 3 week trip. Simple cost effective planning. I also have left His Jollyness incharge of the charity! Just in case.... You never know..... LOL

Franklin Delano Roosevelt was credited with saying "We have nothing to fear but fear itself'.  I do subscribe to that ideal.... So armchair travelers... get up and get out and take that trip to Phils!

• Like 1

londonirish53
Posted
Posted

:unsure: Hi Bob, Hope the withdrawal  symptons have eased up a bit now and you've stopped chomping at the furniture if there's any left !!  :unsure:

Humphrey Bogard and John Huston only survived ( sickness)  in the making of The African Queen  because they only drank Whiskey ( Irish ) spelling.  All  the crew and fellow (Foreign) actors were laid up with the severe runs, Yes JJ  it's pretty grim out there, never appealed much to me, all that disease and the like. Looking forward without any reservations to PI.    And as far as Whiskey is concerned and Bourbon of course never to be taken with my toothpaste only with a sealed mixer for required taste of course. Slainte (Cheers)  :cheersty:   Bon Voyage to Bruce on his Flight, try to avoid the Dreamliner 787 Boeings  before they're all given the :541:

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Bon Voyage to Bruce on his Flight, try to avoid the Dreamliner 787 Boeings before they're all given the

Well I done did it! Took 3 tries as my cc kept getting declined at the end of LONG procedure to book my flight. I called the CC company and yes, they block all such foreign purchases... So they unlocked the card and I was able to complete my puchase.

$1278 for PAL and $319 for American Airlines to get my sorry butt to LA. You know the usual add ons.... But I am not in a position to complain. So I am (almost) on my way (too)!

As for the 787 planes and their battery issues... I really do not understand. All planes have batteries. All planes have battery charging system. This should not be new techonology! What is the problem? (Hey, anyone smell anything burning?) I am sure if they called McGiver, while much older and fatter, HE could fix it!  

Well I got to get busy selling my blood to pay for those tickets!

• Like 1

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Congratulations on getting your tickets Gents!! Ducecoop you'll love the place so just sit back and enjoy the flight.......... Obviously no need to school Bruce on anything, a well prepared young man he is!!!

In coming here for over 9 years now I havent had any shots, never had any issues either (touching wood as I speak)...... Saying that a friend of mine moved here late last year with plans on settling down with his 'wife to be' and within two weeks had dengue, luckily his girl was well clued up on the symptoms and after brushing it off as a hangover for a week she got him to the hospital and he was back to his normal self 2 weeks later.

Me, I believe as Londonirish53 & Humphrey Bogarde say, drinking spirits definitely puts off those mosquitos & keeps you as healthy as an apple a day! thats my excuse as to my drinking habits anyway & im sticking to it!!

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

Me, I believe as Londonirish53 & Humphrey Bogarde say, drinking spirits definitely puts off those mosquitos & keeps you as healthy as an apple a day! thats my excuse as to my drinking habits anyway & im sticking to it!!

The human body is amazing.... especially the liver! Your liver 'selflessly' sacrifices itself willingly, some say eagerly, subjecting itself to long term alcohol poisoning. Helping to keep that blood alcohol level high enough as to ward off any nasty blood borne buggers! * 

*Note: Does not work well and may infact attract law enforcement attentions, especially whilst operating motorized equipment. Use with caution, not intended for use by minors.    

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Franklin Delano Roosevelt was credited with saying "We have nothing to fear but fear itself'

Actually he heard my mother yelling at me back when I was about 5 years old...  "When I get my hands on you, you are going to be afraid of me!  Now stop laughing and get your butt over here.  And bring your father's belt.  I said stop laughing!"  Roosevelt just shortened it down a bit.  He was also a bit of a psychotic...  I mean psychic as my mother didn't say that until quite a few years after he tried to quote her.

Now, Bruce, random generators work randomly only unless they are programmed in to come up with the correct sequence within a certain time frame.  Usually within variables with factors of 10.  How many flights was this?

Ah, yes, drinking the good old whiskey...  Just don't mix it with water and you'll be fine!

Shots.  If you go and get too many shots - just of the "hey" of it - Immigration may mistake you for a drug user and then you get booted back out.  Oops!

Tickets?  I got mine!  Lottery tickets for tomorrow night!  Just as soon as I win, I"ll be sitting in Cebu with my feet up, drinking whiskey, wondering how to spell Malaria and watching Bruce fly over while the pilot tries to figure out how to turn the battery back on in the DreamLiner.

And for everybody else who has gotten their tickets - including the OP of whom I am extremely jealous - CONGRATS!!!

:mocking:

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Tickets? I got mine! Lottery tickets for tomorrow night! Just as soon as I win, I"ll be sitting in Cebu with my feet up, drinking whiskey, wondering how to spell Malaria and watching Bruce fly over while the pilot tries to figure out how to turn the battery back on in the DreamLiner. And for everybody else who has gotten their tickets - including the OP of whom I am extremely jealous - CONGRATS!!!

Bob...... Not to rain on your parade.... but have you watched your biographical movie lately? Especially the END of the movie? You remember it, I am sure.... In Canada it may have been marketed as The Life and Times of Bob.......

But to the rest of the  world, it was marketed as MIDNIGHT COWBOY and I think Dustin Hoffman, if I am correct, played the part of Bob. :tiphat:  :crack-up:

And of course, your fellow Canadian, Dave Houndriver was cast as Ralph Cramden!  ( WOW! 2 Canadians in one shot! :1 (72): ) :6:   

See you in Cebu!  I may fly over for the meeting if I can get time.... I owe Tom a few cases of FOSTERS......

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Ah, come on now, Bruce.  Play fair.  I know the character of Roy Boy in Canadian Bacon was very closely based on you...  hehe!  Invade Canada, will you?  

Actually my favourite movie role was in The Incredible Hulk.  True!  I was in multiple scenes as "man walking on street".  Unfortunately, I heard that all my scenes were cut out of the film when it was realized that I was not only more muscular and good looking than the Hulk but that I was not green.  Within days of working on the Incredible Hulk, I was also lucky enough to get a few scenes in the miniseries The Kennedys with Katie Holmes.  Once again I reprised my role of "man walking on street".  That was a good year for me in films.  Unfortunately I was unable to reprise my role of "man walking on street" for the RoboCop reboot but I am hoping that, if any reshoots are needed here in Hamilton, I can step in and walk on... 

Anyway, because I am not green, I will be allowed to get tickets to fly to the Philippines.  I just may not fit in the seat.

• 2 years later...
Josh
Posted
Posted

Regarding shots:

None are actually required.

There are several vaccines recommended currently recommended before travelling to the PHL.

My personal preference is to get a shot in the arm rather than be sick.

My experience:

I saw signs and ads for Walgreens - get your travel vaccines here!

I made an appointment.

I went to the appointment.

They had none of the vaccines I requested.

I went elsewhere.

This is not something that is covered by my health insurance.

Out of pocked ended up paying $810,

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Out of pocked ended up paying $810,

Should have just waited til you got here, local clinics not only have the type of drugs needed here,,but at 1/4 the cost