How You Met Your Lady Or Man

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Thanks Jim for that informative story,so your moving back to the Philippines?
I still think of myself as living in the Philippines. I just don't have money to live there permanently. Nothing will change with this new apartment, I will still have to spend most of my time working in Australia.Regards; Jim
I can relate to that Jim,the good thing for me is I expect to win this Saturdays 20 mil lotto draw. :th_noproblem:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Hey Lee ..... I wasn't going to answer this post as I didn't others because this topic will be debated as it has forever with only common sense prevailing ...... what works for one may not for another ...... the old aged fable that the Filipinas are waiting for you at the airport screaming and begging you to take them is a fairy tale that a lot of guys were led to believe and upon arriving found to be false ...... in fact there are lots and lots of Filipinas that don't want foreign boyfriends or husbands ...... only a very few places can one go and find an instant girlfriend ...... now friends or relatives of friends always seem to have someone wanting to meet you and sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't as others have found ....... coming here and being told you will find a girlfriend with in 2 weeks can be VERY misleading ...... unless you find one at the local watering hole and they will definitely want to be your friend ... girlfriend .... longtime companion or wife if you want ...... most other girls will take quite a bit longer than 2 weeks ...... depending of coarse where she comes from ...... Are all internet girls bad ...... I don't think so ..... mine isn't and we have been living together for a year and chatted and corresponded for a year before that ..... now let me explain how I feel about length of time ....... it is kinda like buying a TV ...... I don't care how long the company has been in business ....... I am more interested in their track record ....... so a brand that has been in business with a crappy track record I personally would avoid like the plague ...... as they are selling pie in the sky ............I'm sure there are many others that have the same experience that I have as I was not scammed either on or off the web (not mentioning time frame .... as that is irrelevant) ...... the same people scammed on the internet will I bet you be the same people that get scammed when they visit here ..... either by a bar girl ...... because that is where they head for first ...... or by appearing desperate in finding a girlfriend in the 2 weeks they have on their vacation ........ now if you come here to live than that is an entirely different set of circumstances ....... you have the time to do a diligent search for Miss Right ......
I am dead set against internet dating but I recognise that there must be some good girls online somewhere. So, I am inclined to go along with everything that Mike has to say!I have a 2 in 1 story here. How I met my exwife and how I met my current girlfriend.  Transferred here from my blog, with some updates not on the blog.Everytime Ian and Margie came by, Margie would say, “Nide sends her regards!” After several days of this, I thought I would invite Nide out for dinner, just to be polite. I was still thinking that Nide was older than me but I soon found out that she was only 20 years old and to my eyes quite beautiful. Much more beautiful than she seemed at our first meeting.Instead of touring around the Philippines as planned, we spent a happy two weeks in Palompon Leyte.In the end, Ian proposed to Margie and I proposed to Nide.Our weddings were 3 weeks apart in Palompon in the middle of 1995. BUT, not before we had been grilled by Marggie and Nide’s parents and by grilled I mean dragged over the coals type grilling from Nide’s father, grandfathers and uncles. It was very intense at the time but we are very best friends now.In 2002, another of Nide’s sisters was married to another Australian so for a while there were 3 Australians married to 3 sisters.Nide and I were divorced in 2004Sarah and I are in the process of arranging, again, to rent another apartment in Palompon.
Hi Jim and thank you for your story. I enjoyed reading it but maybe I missed something. smileyvault-unsure.gif Am I correct to say that you met your former wife on the ground in the Philippines and it did not work out? Yet you are still against using the Internet to meet women and feel on the ground to be the correct way? The main reason I ask is because I believe both ways work, yet I am a fan of the Internet for people who do not have a lot of time to spend staying and looking in the Philippines, and also for those that may not be able to express themselves in person due to shyness, but seem to have no problem on a computer. I think we all have seen some of those people on forums and then met them in person and we know that those same ladies men in the Philippines could not get a girl to bed back in their own home country with a hand full of hundred dollar bills, yet in the Philippines they fancy themselves as real ladies men.   :th_noproblem:   I feel that the Internet can be a great way to find a few women to talk to and to learn the culture and learn about the country in doing so, and then hopefully rule out the ones that will not work for them and meet the ones that seem to. The problem that I see with meeting on the ground is that can also be time consuming and there is no guarantee that the lady that a person meets would be any better than one they met on the Internet because both ways are going to take a person who has time to dedicate to the search, as well as the ability to sort through all the phonies. My guess is that somewhere between one and twenty people we meet either on the ground or on the Internet will be real people, and while some people are lucky enough to hit it off with the first lady they meet either way, I know back when I was dating here in the US that I went through an awful lot of ladies before I found one that I felt that I wanted to marry and even then it ended in divorce IMO due to family influences. So no way is the totally right way and I feel both can work for a preceptive person, and even then people change and outside influences can cause problems in any relationship. So all we can all do is try our best and hope for the best.I would like to hear more what others think and how they met their wives or gf's and if it worked or did not work and why they feel it did or did not.  

love2winalot
Posted
Posted

Hiya: There was no such thing as the Internet when i met my wife Gloria. I ended up in hawaii, from Korea. I got a job as a maintenance person at a complex. The head of maintenance, "Raul", was a second cousin of my wife. After working there a few weeks, he asked me, "Do you want to meet my cousin in the philippines"? hehehehe. Several weeks later, he gives me her address. 275 letters, and over $2000 in phone bills, and 2 years later, she arrived in hawaii, and we got married. December of this year, is 19th year of marriage..... The actual proposal was done via a letter. When i came to Manilla, on vacation, "shortly after the volcano europted, we went to Luna, la Union, where her father lived, so i could ask his permission to marry his daughter.Here is his house.050.jpgit was the only time I met him, as he passed away 2 years later. As there was no power in Luna at that time, and I can't drink, "warm" beer, and i had lost my job because my employer tried to cancel my vacation as my replacement while i was gone had quit, this was the actual citiuation.1. I no longer had a job, or as a on site manager, i had no place to live.2. I had borrowed money to go there.3. I had a company car, and thus had no car either.4. gambling is illegal in hawaii. As you know, i am a gambler.....hehehe.So, with that in mind, i ask to marry his daughter? he says, "He has a good job and nice place to live, he does not drink, he does not smoke, he does not gamble, HE's PERFECT." heheheheGood things are worth waiting for.

oldutot
Posted
Posted
Hiya: There was no such thing as the Internet when i met my wife Gloria. I ended up in hawaii, from Korea. I got a job as a maintenance person at a complex. The head of maintenance, "Raul", was a second cousin of my wife. After working there a few weeks, he asked me, "Do you want to meet my cousin in the philippines"? hehehehe. Several weeks later, he gives me her address. 275 letters, and over $2000 in phone bills, and 2 years later, she arrived in hawaii, and we got married. December of this year, is 19th year of marriage..... The actual proposal was done via a letter. When i came to Manilla, on vacation, "shortly after the volcano europted, we went to Luna, la Union, where her father lived, so i could ask his permission to marry his daughter.Here is his house.050.jpgit was the only time I met him, as he passed away 2 years later. As there was no power in Luna at that time, and I can't drink, "warm" beer, and i had lost my job because my employer tried to cancel my vacation as my replacement while i was gone had quit, this was the actual citiuation.1. I no longer had a job, or as a on site manager, i had no place to live.2. I had borrowed money to go there.3. I had a company car, and thus had no car either.4. gambling is illegal in hawaii. As you know, i am a gambler.....hehehe.So, with that in mind, i ask to marry his daughter? he says, "He has a good job and nice place to live, he does not drink, he does not smoke, he does not gamble, HE's PERFECT." heheheheGood things are worth waiting for.
Hi love2winalot, La Union is illocano country. That's the dialect my wife speaks

love2winalot
Posted
Posted

Hiya: My Inlaws lived in Luna with their dad. They were fishermen. The metal window on the house opens up, as that part of the house was also a store. The proabelm became that they kept drinking the liquior instead of selling it.............hehehehe.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Hiya: My Inlaws lived in Luna with their dad. They were fishermen. The metal window on the house opens up, as that part of the house was also a store. The proabelm became that they kept drinking the liquior instead of selling it.............hehehehe.
That could be put down to quality control,they did not want to sell a bad bottle of San Miguel so its best to check them all.I would have done the same,wouldn't want a bad reputation.lol:welcome11:

Inspector
Posted
Posted

I meet all my men where the soap fell :)

Patsada
Posted
Posted

Me & Suzy met on meetic.com in January 2006 when she was still living in NZ and I in Italy; in May 2006 we met for the first time personally half way in Thailand and decided that our union will have a future; in autumn of 2006, I invited her to Italy; in winter 2006 and early spring 2007 we traveled intensely the Visayas in order to find the right place to settle; since June 2007 we are happily living on Camiguin Island and never had any sort of regrets! Patsada