French Tourist Shot Dead In Front Of Hotel In Pasay.

Americano
Posted
Posted

In the US I have known several people who were taken to the hospital by car or truck to save time.  Someone may say an ambulance can get the victim there quicker which is usually not true.  Here's an example.  Let's say you could drive a victim to the closest hospital in 30 minutes but an ambulance using its siren could get the victim there in just 20 minutes.  Well, first of all someone has to call an ambulance service and give the location of the victim and maybe direction to get there and of course explain what happened to the victim so it would take at least 5 minutes for the ambulance to get on the road and then 20 minutes to arrive at the location and another 20 minutes to the hospital for a total of 45 minutes.  30 minutes verses 45 minutes, that's 15 extra minutes before the victim reaches an emergence room for treatment.  Just 15 minutes could be the difference between life and death.

My numbers for an ambulance were very conservative and under ideal conditions.  It could take at least an hour for an ambulance to get you to the hospital across the street as happened in this case.

Sometimes in the Philippines the witnesses wait to see if the person is going to live or die before they do anything.  And, if you're bleeding externally don't expect anyone to stop the bleeding.  My experience is they are not taught anything about First Aid in high school.  I guess only a doctor or nurse knows how to apply direct pressure to stop bleeding.

If you are serious injured in the Philippines pray that you are still conscious so you can demand to be taken to a hospital immediately.

• Like 2