Rip Alvin Lee, Going Home One More Time.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

While at Woodstock gotta have one more little tune.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sorry folks, its Saturday night here now.............. just one more from Woodstock;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTD_p5S8NOA

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
used media button to inset media
  • Like 2

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

...please...a warm thank you for Ten Years After...

:thumbsup:

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted (edited)

Mucho Thanks Mr Old55...you lead me down the path to just listening to Santana's Soul Sacrifice from Woodstock....how am I suppose to ge back to work now???

Great Posts~~ :cheersty:

Edited by ibemarshall
  • Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

...please...a warm thank you for Ten Years After...

:thumbsup:

Saw Ten Years After when I was 18. As I recall they were on tour with Deep Purple.

My favorite Ten Years After song is A space in time - I'd love to change the world.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Saw Ten Years After at Merriweather Post Pavillion in Columbia, Md in August, 1971...jeez more then 40 years ago. It was sort of an indoor/outdoor venue, very large place. That was a couple years past Woodstock and it was the common thing at that time that a bunch of hooligans would rush the higher priced seats and take them over and security couldn't do anything because there were so many. Power to the people. Mr Lee stopped the song he was performing and snarled into the mike, "What the f*ing hell do you twats think your doing" in a very British accent. That was the end of the incursion and the hooligans sheepishly retreated. Didn't mess with that dude.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

That was a couple years past Woodstock and it was the common thing at that time that a bunch of hooligans would rush the higher priced seats and take them over and security couldn't do anything because there were so many.

In the 70's it was common to have concerts with festival style seating, where there were no reserved seats. People lined up for hours before the concert if they wanted to get in early so they could be up front.

Did that once for a Santana concert. I had just one person standing between me and the stage. Right in front of the band member who was beating the hell out of those bongo drums. Carlos was about 15-20 feet away playing that sweet guitar, often with his back to the audience.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

That was a couple years past Woodstock and it was the common thing at that time that a bunch of hooligans would rush the higher priced seats and take them over and security couldn't do anything because there were so many.

In the 70's it was common to have concerts with festival style seating, where there were no reserved seats. People lined up for hours before the concert if they wanted to get in early so they could be up front.

Did that once for a Santana concert. I had just one person standing between me and the stage. Right in front of the band member who was beating the hell out of those bongo drums. Carlos was about 15-20 feet away playing that sweet guitar, often with his back to the audience.

In High School I used to love going to concerts at the old Niagara Falls Convention Center in NF, NY...  On the floor there was no seating.  And, so your date could see, you always let her sit on your shoulders...  Ah, memories!

Carlos Santana was always shy for at least the first 20 years of so of the business...  I got to play with him once - baseball!  It was a charity pick-up game where people were selected to play for an inning or two - depending on how much you donated.  Me, being a visiting Canadian Airman, got chosen to do an inning in my AF Blues.  And Carlos Santana came into the game same time as I did.  Really nice guy.

• Like 1

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

California State Fairgrounds... Spring of1972 (ummm 1971??...hmmm)...festival seating...Santana and Tower (What is Hip...Bump City...You're Still A Young Man) of Power...one of my best concert going memories...especially when both groups jammed together at the end...

• Like 1