Arghhh!!!! I Left My Android Smart Phone In A Taxi!!!

Mike S
Posted
Posted

samatm I'll start a new topic ...... been dying to try this anyway .... we'll see what happens ..... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 1

samatm
Posted
Posted

As my HTC dual sim cracked its screen and the replacement screen is over P7K.

How does this work??? Was it a suicide attempt? Or.... perhaps YOU cracked your phones screen? :hystery:

No ,  the damned thing jumped off my desk and fell flat on his screen.    

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

No , the damned thing jumped off my desk and fell flat on his screen.

You forgot the best part!

HONEST OFFICER! I am not lying! It was a suicide! Jumped right off my desk... I did not have anything to do with it! :541:  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
earthdome
Posted
Posted

I got my SmartBro bill and found that there were 3787 pesos charged on it for pasaload. I think these occurred in the few hours between when I lost my phone and I was able to get to a Smart Store to get the SIMM changed out. I went to the local Smart Store and disputed the charges. They say it can take a month for it to be reviewed and they will send me SMS with result of investigation. In the meantime I only have to pay the normal bill without the pasaload charges.

I just didn't think of asking at the time I had the SIMM changed whether there were any unusual charges/usage in the few hours the phone had been lost.

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I got my SmartBro bill and found that there were 3787 pesos charged on it for pasaload. I think these occurred in the few hours between when I lost my phone and I was able to get to a Smart Store to get the SIMM changed out. I went to the local Smart Store and disputed the charges. They say it can take a month for it to be reviewed and they will send me SMS with result of investigation. In the meantime I only have to pay the normal bill without the pasaload charges.

I just didn't think of asking at the time I had the SIMM changed whether there were any unusual charges/usage in the few hours the phone had been lost.

One more thing. I couldn't pay my bill at the local Smart Store, they were no longer accepting payments there.

So I went home and logged into my BPI bank online account. It was very easy to setup online bill pay to send a payment to Smart for my data plan account from my BPI peso account. Earlier I had setup an online account with Smart for my phone so I can review bill statements. That was how I found out about the pasaload charges.

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

Gentlemen,   and ladies,    I make it a habit  to note the name and Taxi company and  unit number each time I hail a taxi.       I have recovered my Company laptop which was left in the boot.    and my portfolio with passports which were left in car ,  by knowing the the taxi company.    In one instance it was Ken Taxi.   A quick call to Kens dispatcher number led to the driver being summoned and he returned to my house with the laptop in 2hours.    The other instance, I notified our hotel the taxi company name- they called LTO , got the company number, called the company, the company called the driver and passports were in hand within an hour. 

Excellent advice Samatm!

I've been trying to teach my teenagers to always look back to make sure their keys, cell phone, tablet,

wallet, etc were not left behind.  Good thing I taped a small label on my car keys remote locking device.

I was concern that my wife Judy and the kids were gone for too long just to see a movie.  Later that

night, I get this call from the movie theater that they found a set of keys in a popcorn box.  That's the

only time I put my wife out in the dog house.....he, he.

Personally, I'm still looking for mine.....has anyone seen it?  I believe that's where I lost my virginity in 

the back seat of a Chevy.....he, he.   

Squeak, squeak -- Jake

• Like 2

Elena
Posted
Posted

Sorry that you left your phone. I had a different experience. Last fall, when we stopped in Cebu City for a couple of days we hodimli dinner in a small restaurant where I absentmindedly left my bag. We have got into a taxi and started to leave, but the taxi stopped because we ran for the employee and carried my bag. Nothing was missing, thanks to him for that our holiday was spoiled. We really left horishie tips.

• Like 4

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thanks for that Elena ..... we always here so much about the dishonest people here but the honest ones (which are the majority) you never hear about .... but as usual bad news sells better than good news ..... :hystery: :hystery: :cheersty:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
MikeB
Posted
Posted

I have used the AVG Free on my computers for years  and have had AVG Free on my smartphone since I got one.

I have also used AVG Free for years. I tried a few of the phone anti-theft apps and wasn't impressed with any. A lot of the web interfaces look like they're 20+ years old. I bought Cerberus for $4 thinking the "Problem communicating with your device" issue was mostly fixed but it mostly isn't. It apparently uses a connection with google talk which is notorious for losing connections with smartphones, that seems to be the gist of it. If it's not reliable it's useless. The built-in Samsung "Find my Mobile" seems to work fine and is free. It can even remotely unlock a locally installed p/w, pattern, etc if you forget it. Not a bad thing.

I thought I would update this. I tried several anti-theft apps including Cerberus, Where's my Droid, AVG, Avast, Samsung, Lookout. None worked 100% of the time but I went back to AVG because it seems more reliable then the rest. They all rely on Google servers and the problem seems to be the device loses connection to those servers until the WiFi or Mobile Data service is restarted then it works fine...for a while. Then again, it could be the poor internet infrastructure here. Best thing is be careful and don't lose it.  

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I have mine set so that, if misplaced, I can track it on a map, I can have it sound an alarm, I can have it do these both with it turned on or turned off.  They even say that if the batter is dead, they can pull out enough juice to get it to give one last chirp.  I bet it sounds more like a burp if at all.

Nice report there Mike B!