Arghhh!!!! I Left My Android Smart Phone In A Taxi!!!

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Update: Smart resolved the pasaload charges I disputed with them and agreed that I was not responsible then removed the charges from my bill.

• Like 2

samatm
Posted
Posted

I have mine set so that, if misplaced, I can track it on a map, I can have it sound an alarm, I can have it do these both with it turned on or turned off.  They even say that if the batter is dead, they can pull out enough juice to get it to give one last chirp.  I bet it sounds more like a burp if at all.

Nice report there Mike B!

what app are ya using ?

• 2 months later...
Daydreamer
Posted
Posted
I have heard of similar things where the phone is returned. A reward is expected and easier and no theft issues arise by taking the reward to return it as compared to pawning or selling on he stree

I wish I was that lucky! I think they would get tired of hearing Tarzan cry out and sell it :th_imstupid:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I have mine set so that, if misplaced, I can track it on a map, I can have it sound an alarm, I can have it do these both with it turned on or turned off. They even say that if the batter is dead, they can pull out enough juice to get it to give one last chirp. I bet it sounds more like a burp if at all.

Nice report there Mike B!

what app are ya using ?

I run beta versions of AVG.

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)

I just bought a cheap unlocked phone to take to the RP, Samsung Galaxy Music Duos dual sim. Old technology TFT screen instead of the super amoled, which is fine with me. Android 4.04 Icecream sandwich operating system and the little bugger is loud, which is important if you spent much time around cannon fire. The screen is small but even with my bad eyes I can use the querty keypad when I hold the phone horizontal. It is NOT a great phone, I think it was aimed at the youth market but it has a lot of good features, dual sim, quad band, Bluetooth, FM tuner and quad speakers, wifi and can act as a hotspot if your data plan allows. Supports a 32 GB micro SD card. Did I mention loud? I have a friend who is buying the Samsung Galaxy Y Duos, and I'm interested to see if it is as loud and will report back. I think they are decent utilitarian devices that sell in the USA for between $120 and $140 shipped inside the US. Battery life should get you through the day even with heavy use, but could be better.

My girlfriend was disappointed, told me it was old technology. I had to remind her that it's been 47 years since I was state of the art! ; )

Edited by robert k
  • Like 3