Australian Hostage Released

Curley
Posted
Posted

Great news

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

yeah that's great news, surprising but good to hear he got out alive.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

yeah that's great news, surprising but good to hear he got out alive.

Out but a bit thinner 

post-1-0-74556900-1364006232_thumb.jpg

PAGADIAN, Philippines (AFP) - An extremely gaunt but smiling Australian Warren Rodwell walked free on Saturday after 15 months being held captive by Islamic militants in the lawless southern Philippines.

Rodwell, a former soldier aged 54, joked with policemen and a journalist who took video footage of him for AFP at Pagadian city police station on Mindanao island, shortly after his kidnappers released him early on Saturday morning.

"Lose weight... skeleton," Rodwell said as he smiled in the video, after he took off his T-shirt and pointed at ribs that could be seen hard up against his skin.

The Philippine military said Rodwell had been released at Pagadian, a port city about 100 kilometres (60 miles) east of the town where he had been living with his Filipina wife before he was kidnapped on December 5, 2011.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/world/16429816/philippine-militants-free-australian-held-for-15-months/

• Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

Out but a bit thinner

yeah I noticed that too and that photo he does look thin. I don't know what he was able to eat there but I can imagine it was not a first class meal 3 times a day. Probably rice and a few scraps.... for me this would be the worst part as I like my good food and can trust who is preparing it :)

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Out but a bit thinner

yeah I noticed that too and that photo he does look thin. I don't know what he was able to eat there but I can imagine it was not a first class meal 3 times a day. Probably rice and a few scraps.... for me this would be the worst part as I like my good food and can trust who is preparing it  :)

Usually the hostage has to pay for their meals before release,I guess that the government or someone had to cough up.

• Like 1

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

I wonder what his next step will be too, will he stay? will he move back to Oz? He has more than enough reasons to leave but then again he is not a happy chap with the Aussie government, doesnt trust them! Or Maybe he'll just start over somewhere completely different, I'll be interested to see.

• Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

Maybe he'll just start over somewhere completely different, I'll be interested to see.

I think he has traveled a bit in the past to other Asian countries, I would guess he will end up n Thailand or somewhere....

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Well I too, could stand to loose a few pounds.... but I shall choose a less drastic method.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

ipad-art-wide-bloodtrace-420x0.jpgBefore

• Like 1