Australian Hostage Released

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I thought of that, making it difficult for them to carry you off. Problem with that is they may well just leave you behind without your head attached.

Well there are variables here. if you ares topped at a road block... you have less options. But if you are in your house / hotel or populated area, they want to get in and out. Quickly. By delaying and fighting when you can get them slose enough to take out an eye or a throat... or grab a gun, they will scatter.

One of the divisions between the MILF and the abu sayeff (spl?) is that the MILF wanted a lower profile and did not like all the attention of the kidnapping that the other group brought. Kidnapping is one thing but killing and then running to hide brings in no money.

For me, while not wanting to die, I would rather die on my terms and fighting then to live the longest time possible. It is not how long you live, but what you accomplish before dying that is important to me.

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

Paying a ransom only encourages more kidnappings. The kidnappers got a good reward for their evil dead.  After a few days of partying they will be ready to kidnap another foreigner.

The best thing to do now is use Rodwell to help track down and kill his kidnappers.  And, if his kidnappers delivered him they should have been killed on the spot.  Their elimination is the only way of controlling these terrorist.

The gov't here has no interest in this.  I can assure you it would NOT be hard to locate and eradicate these thieves. NAVY seals or British commandos could remove them from this earth in short time.  

• Like 2

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

Or Maybe he'll just start over somewhere completely different

Perhaps the northern tip of Luzon, as far as possible from his previous locale :541:

Bigdog
Posted
Posted

Wanna lose weight,,,Get Kidnapped..........But pleased the man got out alive.......Never rely on your government too much for anything when you are abroad

If he was an American the IRS would be on him for back tax's or some other BS.

Just wait until BI gets him for all those overstay fees....

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I forgot about that...... Sir! The law is the law..... :th_unfair:

Americano
Posted
Posted

If the wife had NPA members in her family he would have been freed long ago. Terrorist groups are afraid to go against the NPA.

Americano
Posted
Posted

What you say is very true but stupid at the same time. No one should pay fees for over staying when they are a prisoner.

Bigdog
Posted
Posted

What you say is very true but stupid at the same time. No one should pay fees for over staying when they are a prisoner.

It was said tounge in cheek.. BUT after being here  it would NOT surprise me in the least if it actually happened lol...

Bruce
Posted
Posted

It was said tounge in cheek.. BUT after being here  it would NOT surprise me in the least if it actually happened lol...

Remember..... that old saying of one hand not knowing with the othr hand is doing? Well, each government agency does it's own thing and unless some higher up guy steps in.... those front line staff at the air port have no idea about any kidnapping. All they know is there is a foreigner in front of them trying to leave Phils and out dated stamps in his pass port.  

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I think that if he was in this kind of situation he would be smart enough to contact BI before leaving and arrange to have things settled.

As it is, he is married to a Filipina and is probably has citizenship - thus the point is moot.  Sorry guys!

:attention: