Aussie Executed

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks!

another nine day's wonder, or in Tagalog a "ningas cogon"...

...if indeed the grass ever actually caught fire...

Edited by Methersgate

• 3 weeks later...
Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

Is there any news on the murder? Has a suspect been, if not arrested, at least identified?
I think that has been forgotten and swept into the big pork barrel scam trial

I have heard a two rumours - first that the victim was having an affair with a staff member and second, and I think more plausible,  that he shouted at the staff once too often and some of them clubbed together to hire the hit man.

Anyway, I've stopped eating there.

Edited by Methersgate

sjp52
Posted
Posted (edited)

Heck with that... I had the neighborhood on my side also.. Nothing like a party every now and then bonds them to you.

I had an L200 Diesel Turbo'd... Completely tinted out and local tags that wouldn't associate me as a foreigner... Easy to move about without question.

But then again... YTF would I live like that???

Done with all of that and living free for now... 

that's why I hesitate to come there...no matter how much you protect yourself, as long as your face look like a foreigner, let alone your speech...you are a potential diamond for many criminals out there...it's so evident that if you allow me to compare something in the USA: for example, the colour of the skin in Alabama can make a difference to your life.

I live in the Philippines 6 months out of every year. First came here 5 years ago. Have never come close to being beat up or killed. There are not Filipinos going around and shooting innocent foreigners all the time. If you have chosen a bad girlfriend or wife or your involved in competitive business or like to argue with people and are a loud mouth and disrespectful person then yes you have a good chance of something bad happening to you.

If I meet someone I think is a bad person I dont argue with them or say anything bad about them. I just make sure I have no contact with them in the future. One thing I have come to see is if you have a bad disagreement with some one in the west they might punch you in the face but here in the Philippines they might shoot you. Best to avoid bad situations here. In the west its hard to get away with killing some one, Here its easy.   If you are friendly to every one and have a smile on your face its the same as your home country

Edited by sjp52
  • Like 4

Methersgate
Posted
Posted
There are not Filipinos going around and shooting innocent foreigners all the time. If you have chosen a bad girlfriend or wife or your involved in competitive business or like to argue with people and are a loud mouth and disrespectful person then yes you have a good chance of something bad happening to you.  

If I meet someone I think is a bad person I don't argue with them or say anything bad about them. I just make sure I have no contact with them in the future. One thing I have come to see is if you have a bad disagreement with some one in the west they might punch you in the face but here in the Philippines they might shoot you. Best to avoid bad situations here. In the west its hard to get away with killing some one, Here its easy.   If you are friendly to every one and have a smile on your face its the same as your home country

Very sound advice.I'd just add that the time between having a bad argument and getting shot may be minutes or it may be a couple of years.
  • Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted

Heck with that... I had the neighborhood on my side also.. Nothing like a party every now and then bonds them to you.

I had an L200 Diesel Turbo'd... Completely tinted out and local tags that wouldn't associate me as a foreigner... Easy to move about without question.

But then again... YTF would I live like that???

Done with all of that and living free for now... 

that's why I hesitate to come there...no matter how much you protect yourself, as long as your face look like a foreigner, let alone your speech...you are a potential diamond for many criminals out there...it's so evident that if you allow me to compare something in the USA: for example, the colour of the skin in Alabama can make a difference to your life.

"the colour of the skin in Alabama can make a difference to your life."

You are very correct. If you have white skin be very careful which neighborhoods you walk in.

And, a quote from a Black American.  "I was walking down a street late at night when I heard foot steps behind me.  I was very thankful and relieved when I looked back and saw it was a white man."  Quote from Civil Rights Leader Jesse Jackson.

• Like 1