Aussie Executed

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I'm thinking the 'it's dangerous to do business in the Phils' argument might need to be looked at in terms of the type of business you are in. I can't see that there is any real risk when hiring white collar employees in a decent area of Manila. 

Well. Yes, I believe too the risk differ depending of business type, but include owners of compeeting companies.

BUT don't expect it's depend any much of if they are white collar or not.  E g the "embassy related" american, who was stabbed to death, was attacked by 4 UPPER class young men, and they did even made the killing THEMSELVES, not even by a hired hitman.

boring
Posted
Posted

I'm thinking the 'it's dangerous to do business in the Phils' argument might need to be looked at in terms of the type of business you are in. I can't see that there is any real risk when hiring white collar employees in a decent area of Manila. 

Well. Yes, I believe too the risk differ depending of business type, but include owners of compeeting companies.

BUT don't expect it's depend any much of if they are white collar or not.  E g the "embassy related" american, who was stabbed to death, was attacked by 4 UPPER class young men, and they did even made the killing THEMSELVES, not even by a hired hitman.

Wasn't that due to some sort of fight that took place in the street? I might have got my stories mixed up though.

And for sure it will be different...I can't see how a hooker mixed up with multiple 'boyfriends', drugs and whatever working in a bar will present the same risk as one of my nice, polite and well-mannered accountants :)

But stranger things have happened. 

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)

Wasn't that due to some sort of fight that took place in the street? I might have got my stories mixed up though.

And for sure it will be different...I can't see how a hooker mixed up with multiple 'boyfriends', drugs and whatever working in a bar will present the same risk as one of my nice, polite and well-mannered accountants :)

But stranger things have happened. 

Yes, it was a quarell around the gate to a GUARDED subdivision, WITHOUT the guard seem to have done anything to stop it... (Hard to be sure, some of it happened outside the video view.)

-

Yes, that's why I wrote we better stay out of "criminal magnet" businesses as alcohol, drugs, sex, loans and gambling. 

BUT I don't believe it's any huge difference between risk in employing white collars or shop assistants   :)

Edited by Thomas
  • Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

here in the Phils you can hire someone to bump somebody off for p50,000 ..... a little over $1000 US ...... I have heard of it being cheaper but you get what you pay for ...

damm guess the going rate or is that the kano tax rate??

however it does  varies from where your at, have heard any where from a few thousand php on up,

but 50.000. hummf,make note to self, never over pay

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

Yesterday a Filipina told me she would pay someone the kill me but didn't say how much she would pay and does it really matter?  Dead is dead, the amount paid doesn't matter.  By the way, does anyone know if threatening to kill someone in the Philippines is illegal or is it like most things here, there's a law but no one pays any attention to it.

• Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

Yesterday a Filipina told me she would pay someone the kill me but didn't say how much she would pay and does it really matter?  Dead is dead, the amount paid doesn't matter.  By the way, does anyone know if threatening to kill someone in the Philippines is illegal or is it like most things here, there's a law but no one pays any attention to it.

why would you bother, the police would probably just laugh at you but on the other hand money can get you a long way there ;) . if you are threatened then take it seriously and take your own steps to sort it out.

• Like 3

MikeB
Posted
Posted

By the way, does anyone know if threatening to kill someone in the Philippines is illegal

Yes it is, I forget what they call the charge but I read the local paper daily and cases are frequently filed for threats. 

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Just a guess here but I would venture to say if YOU threatened a Filipino something would be done about it but him threaten you naaaaaw ..... he was only funning ..... :mocking: :cheersty:

Thomas
Posted
Posted

why would you bother, the police would probably just laugh at you but on the other hand money can get you a long way there ;) . if you are threatened then take it seriously and take your own steps to sort it out.

How???  By sending a hitman to the woman, who threatened him?   :) 

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here's a brief description of what happened.  Last year an Australian man living in Australia found me on the Internet and asked me to do some surveillance of his girlfriend of 4 years who was still living in the Philippines.  We emailed each other back and forth several times over a few weeks time. I provided him with all the information about his girlfriend's activities that I was able to obtain.  Several months ago he took her to Australia to live with him.

I have never met her in person or talked to her, other people did that part.

Evidently this past Saturday she gained access to his email account while he was gone. On Saturday she sent 10 emails to me calling me names and a liar. Sunday she sent one email saying its cheap to hire someone to kill me and if she was here she would be the one to kill me. I haven't replied to any of her emails because I want to contact her boyfriend first and let him handle it if possible.

I can't email the man since she can read his emails and she may delete them. Today I sent a message to him on MY Messenger but I don't know how often he uses it.  I tried to send a message to his cell phone using MY Messenger but it doesn't work in Australia.  What I would like is for someone living in Australia to call him to tell him his girlfriend is using his email account. He can check his Sent Message Folder to read what she has sent unless she deleted the messages. If a Mate wants to help please send me a Private Message for his name and cell number.  Tell him to use another email account to email me.

Here's the latest story about the Executed Aussie. This one mentions his girlfriend.

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/australian-resort-owner-killed-philippines-073903777.html

Edited by Americano