Retarded Pregnant Girl Update ? Living In Squalor

dalidali
Posted
Posted (edited)

Where is the Catholic church in all this?.

I think they call it "faith based" charities.

It's clear, Governments cannot provide 100% of the support needed to the poor.

It's my feeling that the Catholic church needs to step up to the plate and take this

girl under their wings.

Sorry, but you are living in the fantasy of the generated perception of the catholic church. Not in reality.

Indeed, there is no fantasy involved here Mr Bruce.

Words like "I think" and "It's my feeling" are quite clearly.....an opinion and not based in fact or reality.

Again....it is "my feeling" that the Catholic church should step up in this case, however if they do not, for whatever reason or reasons espoused by you or any others, is "a feeling" and based not on facts, but on "opinions"

And FYI......I was a babe in swaddling cloth when large mushroom clouds billowed above Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

Edited by dalidali
  • Like 3

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Well that's true since she worked for the American Red Cross, not United Way.

OK, you got me on that, But the principle is the same..... :cheersty:

• Like 1

dalidali
Posted
Posted

Business is business and there are THOUSANDS of retired business people who have run multi million $$$ companies who would jump at the chance to for for $1 a year.

Well find them and build your charity around them. Problem solved. Next case !

Bingo!!.....all this talk of "thousands of retired businessmen" is just that....talk.

What is the phrase?....."put up or shut up"?

Bruce
Posted
Posted

It's my feeling that the Catholic church needs to step up to the plate and take this

girl under their wings.

Sorry, but you are living in the fantasy of the generated perception of the catholic church. Not in reality.

Words like "I think" and "It's my feeling" are quite clearly.....an opinion and not based in fact or reality.

Again....it is "my feeling" that the Catholic church should step up in this case, however if they do not, for whatever reason or reasons espoused by you or any others, is "a feeling" and based not on facts, but on "opinions"

And FYI......I was a babe in swaddling cloth when large mushroom clouds billowed above Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

Catholic church has been here in the Philippines for hundreds of years. 90% +- a point here or there are catholic in the Philippines. And the locals will tell you.... if you have nothing to offer them, expect no help from them. Too bad it is this way here..... Not my doing, but I will work around them in any case to try to help this girl. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Business is business and there are THOUSANDS of retired business people who have run multi million $$$ companies who would jump at the chance to for for $1 a year.

Well find them and build your charity around them. Problem solved. Next case !

I don't need them to run my charity... I need them to buy life insurance and then make the charity the beneficiary! Time? I can wait...... hehehehehehe :tiphat:

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

girl under their wings.

Excellent point Dali-Dali.....words such as most of the time, some of you (us) or it is my opinion or feeling

are neutral statements that I often use here.  If you get JGF's hint that problem solved - next case is the

Boss's way of reminding us -- let's keep this thread going without the back and forth BS.  

It's still the best forum in town, respectfully -- Jake

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Excellent point Dali-Dali.....words such as most of the time, some of you (us) or it is my opinion or feeling are neutral statements that I often use here.  If you get JGF's hint that problem solved - next case is the Boss's way of reminding us -- let's keep this thread going without the back and forth BS.     It's still the best forum in town, respectfully -- Jake

Actually Jake, you might have read too much into my post but since you have a birthday coming up sometime in the next 12 months you are forgiven.  :)  What I really mean and l know Bruce said he does not need anyone to run his charity but why not get say 4 of these retired business men into helping sorce donations or work on ways for a better income to help the people. Bruce is a one man band with a few helpers so if there really are those out there looking for something worthwhile doing in retirement then find them, throw some ideas around and bingo you have an unpaid workforce helping some kids or the poor.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Excellent point Dali-Dali.....words such as most of the time, some of you (us) or it is my opinion or feeling are neutral statements that I often use here.  If you get JGF's hint that problem solved - next case is the Boss's way of reminding us -- let's keep this thread going without the back and forth BS.     It's still the best forum in town, respectfully -- Jake

Actually Jake, you might have read too much into my post but since you have a birthday coming up sometime in the next 12 months you are forgiven.  :)  What I really mean and l know Bruce said he does not need anyone to run his charity but why not get say 4 of these retired business men into helping sorce donations or work on ways for a better income to help the people. Bruce is a one man band with a few helpers so if there really are those out there looking for something worthwhile doing in retirement then find them, throw some ideas around and bingo you have an unpaid workforce helping some kids or the poor.

Sorry Boss......yup, I whacked my own pee-pee on that one!  By the way, Bruce is the only person I know

that commutes once or twice a year bringing a ray of hope for Filipinos living in abject poverty.  Seriously

guys, I don't know if I could do that.  I mean really....do I have it in my heart to have such a noble cause?  

And yet, Bruce still gets on that plane to travel 12,000 miles to care and feed the unfortunate people.

For all his sacrifice, I am glad that Bruce finally met his 2nd wife.  He should be grateful that she doesn't

have any teeth.....he, he.

Respectfully -- Jake

ALL GOOD COME ARE FOR THOSE WHO WAIT.  I WROTE THAT CRAP!

Edited by Jake
spill chek
  • Like 3

Bruce
Posted
Posted

There is a saying or maybe several sayings revolving around the same theme. "You could not pay me enough for what I do" is one.  

Volunteering is a concept that many 'get' and many other simply do not. In many charitable organizations you can find people who work many hours for free. Or do jobs that they simply would not have done, for money. In the new store daviethriftstore.org that I purchased for the charity a few months ago and His Jollyness was kind enough (VOLUNTEERED) to do and host a web site for us (AGAIN) there are 2 retired women. Ann at 73 and Helen at 70. Both work for free.

While everyone wants to and likes making money..... there are some things that money just can't buy. Volunteers are one of them. As for charities, there are retired accountants and business people who, for whatever reason are looking for something to do or are bored and they turn to volunteering to either occupy their time or to help out a good cause.

In my area of Florida, there is an organization that uses retired doctors to provide care for migrant farm workers or the like. Others have retired attorneys working for free, using their years of experience... all as volunteers.

Sure you can pay them. But attorneys in Florida start out at $450 an hour...... If the final work product is the same quality... why not let the retired guy do it as a volunteer?   

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
pongpong12
Posted
Posted

There are a lot of charity institutions in the Philippines, but these people might not never heard of them.