Retarded Pregnant Girl Update ? Living In Squalor

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I want to help reduce in a small way both poverty and malnutrition in the Philippines without sucking up all my time and resources. The ceiling is $1,000 a year in out-of-pocket expenses. Time spent must also be minimal. I have found my project, which is still at an early stage of development. The point is you don't have to be wealthy like Bill Gates to make a positive contribution.

• Like 3

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted (edited)

This is my two pesos and is not the feelings of management. 

There is a family with five children under seven living between the entrance and exit of the South terminal. There is a very large catholic church just a few blocks away. You've hear the phrase What Would Jesus Do? These people do not follow the teachings of Jesus. If they did, this would be a much better place to live.

And  yes, I was raised a catholic and attended catholic school for a number of years.

Edited by MikeB
Removed
  • Like 3

MikeB
Posted
Posted
And  yes, I was raised a catholic and attended catholic school for a number of years.

As was I. But I feel your "solution", as stated, is over the line for this forum. Feel free to rephrase if you wish.

• 2 months later...
sam45
Posted
Posted

God bless JJ and Bruce for bringing us this story.  Forget the church, government, charities, etc etc.  Quit looking for others to do what you should be doing yourself. It doesn't have to be hundreds, thousands, or even millions...as little as $10-$15 can still be a blessing to others and you will hardly feel it.

God sees the love and desire of these two men and what they are giving is coming from their heart.  "No greater love hath no man than this........"  Hope to meet you both in person someday.

• Like 3