American Killed Inside His Coffee Shop(Ncr Area)

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

read this earlier and something just doesnt seem right..... :89:

An American businessman was shot dead in the coffee shop he owned at his Parañaque City residence Tuesday morning.

Investigators have yet to determine the motive behind the killing of Jeff Watt, 62, who was shot at point-blank range by a man who barged into the shop around 7:51 a.m. at the corner of Swaziland and Surinam streets inside Better Living Subdivision.

Parañaque chief of police Senior Supt. Andrei Felix said they had ruled out robbery since “nothing was taken or touched” inside the establishment during the shooting.

Watt and a female helper were opening the shop for the day’s operations when an armed man entered and approached the American, who was then seated. The intruder shot Watt twice in the head with a .45-cal. pistol, Felix said.

As the helper screamed, the gunman fled by joining a cohort who was waiting outside on a motorcycle that had no license plate.

Watt was pronounced dead at Parañaque Doctor’s Hospital. Watt left behind his Filipino wife and their two children.

The victim’s wife told investigators that she was not aware of any enemies her husband may have had, Felix added.

Felix said the establishment had a security camera but the footage that morning still had to be reviewed and cleaned by experts. Watt’s cell phone was also sent to Camp Crame to be checked for any text message that could help establish the motive or the identity of those behind the killing.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/392037/american-killed-inside-his-pque-coffee-shop

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Open season on Foreigners. :th_unfair:

• Like 1

samatm
Posted
Posted

Doesn't that read almost exactly like the  Olangapo  Aussie murder ?     Same MO almost to a T.   Sure seems like open season. 

Will
Posted
Posted

What has been the response from these victim's home country's government? I haven't heard any outcry from them. Shame on them!!! They should be helping to try to keep their citizens safe, even in foreign countries. Even if these victims ARE doing questionable things, they still don't deserved to be killed without a peep from their governments. I hope I don't accidentally piss somebody off here. I agree.... Open season on foreigners!

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

What has been the response from these victim's home country's government? I haven't heard any outcry from them. Shame on them!!! They should be helping to try to keep their citizens safe, even in foreign countries. Even if these victims ARE doing questionable things, they still don't deserved to be killed without a peep from their governments. I hope I don't accidentally piss somebody off here. I agree.... Open season on foreigners!

I am not sure as to what response you are looking for. No matter what, if anything is said, the guy is still dead. How are foreign governments supposed to keep their citizens safe in the Philipines....... WITHOUT their citizen crying about government intrusion and government stalking?

Blaming the government serves what purpose? If the guy was killed on a Chinese made motorbike in an accident.... is his government supposed to condemn the Chinese for making the bike or the Philippine government for the accident?

In reality, this looks like a 'personal issue' murder. At any given time there are in excess of 50,000 foreigners of various countries in the Philippines. The VAST MAJORITY are left unmolested, unfolded, unspindled and unmutilated and rather happy with their Philippine vacation or living.

Dispite that centuries old folk tale.... Henny Penny aka Chicken Little...... the sky is NOT falling and there is no open season on foreigners....

Relax! Remember... It is more fun in the Philippines! :541: To all the new guys and fence sitters..... you have a better chance of getting kilt in Chicago than here in the Philippines.... Come on in the water is fine.... :nudie:

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 5

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well one of the biggest reasons why Filipinos walk right up to a foreigner and shoot him is because they know a foreigner is not allowed to own a gun here ..... so why be afraid you might get shot if you know damn good and well he will not be able to defend himself ..... pure and simple ...... you can say what you want about gun control either fore or against but if you knew the guy you were gonna shot MIGHT have a gun and shoot you you would think twice before boldly walking up and shooting him ...... now I'm not going to debate the age old pros or cons of gun control because you will never change someones ideas on the subject ..... and all you do is p*ss others off and accomplish nothing .... but until something is done to stop these brazen acts foreigners will continue to be killed for what ever reason ..... even dipping your wick where you shouldn't to me is no reason to kill some one .... IMHO ..... :cheersty:

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I don't agree with you ether Bruce. It has become open season on Foreigners because there is little or no real law in Philippines most Foreigners are unarmed and their Government could care less about them unless there were some way to tax them.

• Like 3

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I don't agree with you ether Bruce. It has become open season on Foreigners because there is little or no real law in Philippines most Foreigners are unarmed and their Government could care less about them unless there were some way to tax them.

People have always been expendable..... Ask any vet...... Stalin was quoted (different translations exist) to have said that "The death of one man is a tragedy while the death of millions are a statistic". Nothing we can do here will change the way is is in the Philippines in the near future.... Hope it is different in the not so near future... But in any case..... I am here and glad I came!

And if I end up with a bad case of dead while I am here..... well..... Mike B has permission to say I was told so! :hystery:  :cheersty:

Life is what you make of it and being a shy wall flower is not something I am good at. :dance:  

• Like 1