American Killed Inside His Coffee Shop(Ncr Area)

Genius
Posted
Posted

It's difficult where it is all conjecture.

• Like 3

brock
Posted
Posted

So why not take your own country and Google the stats?  You will definitely be surprised and hopefully grateful that you are a fan of the Philippines!  

I have done that Bob

Murders with a firearm.....Philippines,= 7,708....United Kingdom,= 39.......Quite a big difference.

Cannot find total number of murders in the Philippines, But as you can see, Murders just with a firearm 7,708 is way more than the total any kind of murder of 550 in the UK.....

Yes, that number is way too high!

But break your figures down to show tourists who were murdered or assaulted and see what you end up with...

I cant find any statistics for that, But I would bet any amount of money that it is a hell of a lot less than in the Philippines, And I do mean a hellllll of a lot less, You read about it happening all the time in the Philippines, very very rarely over here.

I tried to google tourist or foreigners murdered in the UK and couldn't find anything.

Sorry Bob, But in my opinion, The Philippines is a lot more dangerous for tourists and foreigners than any western country.

People want to realize that fact and stop walking around with blinkers on, And stop thinking that everything is hunky dory in the Philippines, When it isn't.

• Like 1

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Just be glad your not in the US 9369 gun related deaths (westerners?)

Philippines is not even the highest in Asia.....step forward Thailand 20,032. And as for south africa well 31,918 is just crazy.

I agree Brock, gun crime is a major problem here but I guess thats a problem in a lot of third world countries with bigger tourist markets. The main point should be it is legal to carry a firearm in all these countries. Where as back in the UK it is not.....knives would be our weapon of choice I believe.

I think foreigners murdered in the UK would be high (indians, pakistanis etc) even though they are UK citizens..... My issue with the UK would be the upcoming surge of eastern europeans who will be there shortly, having worked with and watched many Romanians, Bulgarians etc I fear my country will be run into the ground by there likes......sorry a bit off topic. :)

• Like 5

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Where as back in the UK it is not.....knives would be our weapon of choice I believe.

In Sweden even most knives are forbidden to carry in public.  

(Except very short pen knives and for people, who need knives in their profesion - and then I don't mean the criminal profesion  :)

• Like 1

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Where as back in the UK it is not.....knives would be our weapon of choice I believe.

In Sweden even most knives are forbidden to carry in public.  

(Except very short pen knives and for people, who need knives in their profesion - and then I don't mean the criminal profesion  :)

The same in the UK too mate, just alot easier to get hold of a knife back home than a firearm.
  • Like 2

northtoalaska
Posted
Posted

For whatever it is worth, the State Department reported 10 US citizens murdered in the Philippines in 2012, along with 4 suicides and 7 deaths due to traffic fatalities.  http://www.travel.state.gov/law/family_issues/death/death_600.html  This site allows you to compare the Phils to other countries.

interesting site.

they do note on the web page, "Only those deaths reported to the Department of State and deaths that can be established as non-natural are included. Most American citizens who die abroad were resident abroad and surviving family members might not inform the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate of the death"

so the list is probably an underestimate.

i looked at how the PI compares to a few other countries for 2012; homicides, #visitors, homicide per 1,000 visitors:

PI 10 600,000 0.0167 Thailand 3 767,000 0.0039 AU 0 400,000 0.0000 NZ 0 189,000 0.0000 UK 0 2,800,000 0.0000 Canada 0 12,000,000 0.0000 Mexico 71 5,000,000 0.0142 Cambodia 0 173,000 0.0000 Tanzania 0 60000 0.0000

so much for the its dangerous everywhere notion. i didn't look at all countries (i'm retired but i'm not THAT bored.)

still, it is better in the PI..... :)

• Like 2

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted (edited)

The Philippines is a lot more dangerous for tourists and foreigners than any western country. People want to realize that fact and stop walking around with blinkers on, And stop thinking that everything is hunky dory in the Philippines, When it isn't.

I couldn't agree with you more and the sooner the people that don't live here but only visit the better off we who do live here will be .... they should just stay at home in their nice little safe .... warm beds in their home country ..... nothing for them over here anyway .... to much crime .... prices are much higher than their home country .... to much corruption .... health care sucks .... people here hate you ....  you can't own property a gun or vote so why would anyone want to live here ........ roads are terrible ...... weather sucks ........ so please .. please stay where you are .......  :thumbsup:  :cheersty:

....yeah and the trikes are TOO small too  *ouwwww my back*  :hystery: @ me  :cheersty: *standing in corner for off-topic rant*

Edited by ibemarshall
  • Like 2

bootleultras
Posted
Posted (edited)

Very well put Sir! Exactly the kind of statement I was trying to make but out in a much better way :thumbsup: this is the kind of things I dont want my wife exposed to, I prefer her to be comfortable & safe , if that means staying here I have no problem with that; I have always been taught the mainly safe & down right dangerous areas of Manila since I first came here and am confident I dont put myself in dangerous situations, so I'll take my chances & pray that the gypsies of eastern europe do not totally destroy our homeland. :cheersty:

Edited by bootleultras
  • Like 2