American Killed Inside His Coffee Shop(Ncr Area)

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

After taking a critical thinking class, I now always look at statistics in a different way. Do the gun related deaths in Philippines include military and police encounters? Self defense and suicide included as well?  

Same goes for how other countries tabulate the statistics to. In USA they include law enforcement self defense shootings in gun homicide statistics.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

The Philippines is a lot more dangerous for tourists and foreigners than any western country. People want to realize that fact and stop walking around with blinkers on, And stop thinking that everything is hunky dory in the Philippines, When it isn't.

I couldn't agree with you more and the sooner the people that don't live here but only visit the better off we who do live here will be .... they should just stay at home in their nice little safe .... warm beds in their home country ..... nothing for them over here anyway .... to much crime .... prices are much higher than their home country .... to much corruption .... health care sucks .... people here hate you ....  you can't own property a gun or vote so why would anyone want to live here ........ roads are terrible ...... weather sucks ........ so please .. please stay where you are .......  :thumbsup:  :cheersty:

Not to mention the price of Cornflakes, outrages.  :no:

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted
Not to mention the price of Cornflakes, outrages. :no:

:hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :th_unfair: :cheersty:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
ronhextal
Posted
Posted

Least hospitable country, with the least understanding of foreign money and influance, in a infentile network and society system where no one whish to lift a finger.

the day they decide to protect their foreigners, philipines might become appreciated by others than pedophiles, drunks and criminals, mean while enjoy the immorality you are allow to exude here

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Least hospitable country, with the least understanding of foreign money and influance, in a infentile network and society system where no one whish to lift a finger.

the day they decide to protect their foreigners, philipines might become appreciated by others than pedophiles, drunks and criminals, mean while enjoy the immorality you are allow to exude here

Whoa, Mr Hextal !  For a first post, you are being awfully hard on the Philippines as well as the members here.  

First off, we are not a board of paedophiles  drunks or criminals enjoying an immoral lifestyle.  We are a group of people who enjoy the Philippines and what it has to offer the average person - not those whom you mentioned.  

Secondly, this is a country that is coming out of a very severe and trying past for it's people and are working towards becoming a fully qualified First Nation.  Are they there yet?  No, but not from lack of trying and understanding that there is a timetable required to build to reach this lofty goal.  It takes time to grow to be what this country is destined to be.  And at the same time they placed a few "roadblocks" in the way to keep others from different countries from moving in and taking over the base economics of their country.  

This is what has you so upset with the Philippines?  

• Like 4

ronhextal
Posted
Posted

Hehe, yeah i don't censor myself much, but stand strong with the observation above (it's pointing fingers at members or anyone really, it's pointing tendancies that are so unique to philippines). I realized what makes the philippines a good bargain, and in my opinion, as sad as it is, it's the capability to avoid any morrality through breaking the system down or making sure the system stay broken.
-> that's a loophole and i don't respect loopholes (either you try to fix it or you ar in on it, eitherway i can't defend that)

Hospitality well that's a personal opinion based on the fact that I rank 8th of all cvountry i lived in...that's last by the way!

Philipines hope as a country, i came here with exactlly what you said in mind... i since change my tune to, this system is the most efficient population-control 1/3 slavery system  i've seen, i mean there is no way, philippines gets out of it, the only hope for change is overpopulation and that i would not pretend to know how to predict/managed/plan the future in relation to overrpopulation of networkless-island nation.... grim

For the last question, what upset me, is that i've figured out how the game is played (culture game) and it's plain rigged! so why play the game? (I wouldn't buy stock uless i have priviledge-info... i wouldn't bet at the track unless i have priviledge-info

and i will not play Filipino game unless i have priviledge-situation (i don't and have no interest in dealing with the one that do).

;-)

• 2 months later...
Daydreamer
Posted
Posted

In order for there to be an open season, there would have to be a connection. I see no connection here. Usually it is a family or business issue that was settled with a gun. 2 years ago (?) on this forum there was a lot of posts about 'saving face' and if you anger the Pinoy by embarrassing him in front of family or friends, he will kill you to save face.... This went on for a while until it was pointed out that if it was true, then college students would kill their instructors for pointing out they are stupid for failing a test, people passed over for a raise or promotion would be killing their bosses and so forth. We don't see that, do we? Saving face is more of an Japanese thing and it more often results in a suicide rather than a murder. In reality, the Philippines has the same or perhaps fewer acts of violence as any large population in any country. Far less than many middle east countries and perhaps Russia with their organized crime issues. But we are not in those countries. So 'we' pay attention to what is going on the the Philippines. I think that the points here are not about the murder per se as I am sure it is related to a business or family issue, but more about the targeting of foreigners as robbery targets (which may turn into a murder) and the issues of catching and prosecuting those caught. I do believe it is a public relations issue for the government to not have a more aggressive plan to go after foreigner related crimes. If you look at say Las Vegas where the police take a much stronger approach to go after criminals preying on tourists, as they are aware that tourists are their only real business. But in Phils, tourists are simply an additional source of income and not the main source of income. If you look at the over reaction of the Phils government to the 'list' of countries for sex trafficking and the fact that Phils is on that list and how the Phils government wants to get off the list AND collect cash to go after non existant criminals.... wel if the government were to apply similar pressure on robbers and snatchers and kidnappers OR face 1st world countries restricting travel of their citizens to phils, well that would have a positive effect on foreigner crime. But not murders like this one which is again, most likely family or business related. But I do want to point out that there is a negative aspect to posting about 'open seasons' on this forum (in my opinion) and that is ........ WE WANT OTHERS TO COME TO THE PHILIPPINES! Not scare them off with tales of murder and no arrests and status quo and bad bad bad things about the Philippines. Is 'our' purpose to warn and scare off prospective travelers (and future forum members)... or to offer support and comraderie (spl?) and encouragement to come here? :cheersty: To join us and the forum and enjoy the Philippines..... is my opinion.

Daydreamer
Posted
Posted
so please .. please stay where you are ....... :thumbsup: :cheersty:

Duh, why would I want to do dat George??? :hystery: