Philippines Blacklists Australian Pedophile

bootleultras
Posted
Posted (edited)

Seems like the Aussie immigration are working well with the Philippines, Heres the Link.

http://www.philstar.com/nation/2013/04/26/935214/philippines-blacklists-australian-pedophile

And the story.....

MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine government has banned from entering the country a convicted Australian sex offender previously intercepted by local immigration officers.

Bureau of Immigration (BI) Commissioner Ricardo David Jr. ordered the inclusion of Scot William Ilyes, 38, in the immigration blacklist upon learning that he was turned back by authorities at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) last April 4 .

Ilyes arrived on a Cebu Pacific flight from Singapore and carried a New Zealand passport, according to David.

The official added that Ilyes is a convicted pedophile and was banned from coming here to prevent him from victimizing Filipino children.

Lawyer Ma. Antonette Mangrobang, BI acting intelligence chief, said Australian law enforcers tipped NAIA immigration officials about Ilyes’s scheduled trip to the Philippines.

Ilyes' itinerary showed that from Manila, he would take a connecting flight to Iloilo and stay there for two weeks before returning to Australia .

Citing a report from the Australian federal police, Mangrobang said the sex offender was convicted by a district court in the city of Perth, on February 25, 2010.

He was sentenced to a year in prison after being charged and found guilty on multiple counts of indecent assault against children aged 13-16 years old.

But his sentence was later conditionally suspended for two years during which he was under probation and supervision.

Edited by bootleultras
  • Like 1

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

A story comes to mind years ago about an Australian sitting in prison writing a letter to Philippine BI. He was inquiring about an immigrant VISA to start some sort of business with his girlfriend after his release from prison. Wonder if this is the same guy?

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

A story comes to mind years ago about an Australian sitting in prison writing a letter to Philippine BI. He was inquiring about an immigrant VISA to start some sort of business with his girlfriend after his release from prison. Wonder if this is the same guy?

It says the guy never went to prison so I don't think the same guy. In this case it appears as his crime was not at the high end as he had only a suspended sentence and his charge was indecent assault rather than say rape.

If we looked at the dates of his conviction and a 2 years probation period it appears he took off to the Philippines not long after his probation ended. I guess they had to let him go and be black listed once he arrived for it to be a legal as they probably could not stop him from leaving the country.

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
The Philippine government has banned from entering the country a convicted Australian sex offender previously intercepted by local immigration officers.

Lawyer Ma. Antonette Mangrobang, BI acting intelligence chief, said Australian law enforcers tipped NAIA immigration officials about Ilyes’s scheduled trip to the Philippines.

let us hope that this a a new start to make it safer for the visitors here

as it prevents those with "sexual offender backgrounds" from entering the RP,

and the country of origin-law enforcement deserves praise for this 1st step...

seems that this is new,,, could this be a new era of cooperation?

or is it something thats not being "published" ,that he may already have "sealed warrants" for another offense?..

1. sex offender?.. was his exact crime ever told?.

2. i have read that if your caught in some country pissing urinating   in public that could be considered "sex offense" or "exposure"which could leave 1 w/a sexual offense criminal record,

i post this as its been awhile since I have been back to USA and of what I have read,,, that it has happen.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

This sex offender crap is really going to far .... much farther than it was original intended .... ex. in the state of Florida you can be arrested and charged with indecent ex-poser for urinating in public (try that here in the Phils ....  :hystery: ) you will be charged as a sex offender and treated as such ..... same if you engage a prostitute in any way other than in a building ..... (cars ... vans and alleyways or park benches are not considered buildings :mocking: )  you will be charged the same way with the exact same stigma that you have if you rape or fondle an underage person ....  kinda like the trafficking laws here ..... it covers just about anything they want to charge you with ........ so keep your willie in your pants and your hands to yourself and if you have to pee for god sakes just pee in your pants ..... you may smell bad but you won't be branded a sex-offender ..... JMHO ..... :hystery:  :hystery:  :thumbsup:  :cheersty:  

• Like 4

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

I like this ... they are waiting to see IF criminal charges can't be filed against the man ...... now I got to ask this silly question ..... who the hell cares if the guy stored all his urine in his house ... and what kind of charges could be brought against someone for this heinous crime ...... (sic) ...... with all the crime out there that they already have laws against are these dickheads so bored to death that they need to find any excuse to charge someone with a crime ..... but then it will be a whole lot easier and safer to arrest some one convected of saving urine than to arrest say a armed drug dealer ...... I mean the worst that could happen to them with the pee aficionado would be if one of his jugs broke while they were securing the evidence to bring to court ..... :mocking:

I'm just glad that I now live here in a country where I can just go out side ... whip it out .... and pee all over the wall or anything else ..... without big brother trying to find a way to bring charges against me ..... Hummmmmm .... does anyone know ... can a foreigner get away with peeing outside in public here ..... or is that a privilege only permitted to Filipinos .....  :hystery:  :hystery:  :hystery:  :hystery:  :cheersty:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 3

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I like this ... they are waiting to see IF criminal charges can't be filed against the man ...... now I got to ask this silly question ..... who the hell cares if the guy stored all his urine in his house ... and what kind of charges could be brought against someone for this heinous crime ...... (sic) ...... with all the crime out there that they already have laws against are these dickheads so bored to death that they need to find any excuse to charge someone with a crime ..... but then it will be a whole lot easier and safer to arrest some one convected of saving urine than to arrest say a armed drug dealer ...... I mean the worst that could happen to them with the pee aficionado would be if one of his jugs broke while they were securing the evidence to bring to court ..... :mocking:

I'm just glad that I now live here in a country where I can just go out side ... whip it out .... and pee all over the wall or anything else ..... without big brother trying to find a way to bring charges against me ..... Hummmmmm .... does anyone know ... can a foreigner get away with peeing outside in public here ..... or is that a privilege only permitted to Filipinos .....  :hystery:  :hystery:  :hystery:  :hystery:  :cheersty:

I've heard only Filipinos can. A foreigner might get arrested.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted
and what kind of charges could be brought against someone for this heinous crime .....

Mike, don't you know how big a crime it is to not return your plastic bottles for recycling?

:mocking:

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
Mike, don't you know how big a crime it is to not return your plastic bottles for recycling?

In the Philippines one persons trash is another persons treasure. When getting ready to move I had dozens and dozens of plastic bottles. I went to throw them away in the trash. The daughter of the caretaker for the apartment building saw me and asked if she could have them. I asked and she said if she washed them out she could get 1 to 2 pesos per bottle depending on size.

• Like 2