Aussie Drugged And Robbed In The Philippines

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Click on the story and scroll down to the comments. All the readers there are suspicious, as I was. For some reason, I can't paste here without the HTML pasting, even when I say "paste as text".

Save it to notepad or Word 1st. Then you can clean it up and transfer it.

Genius
Posted
Posted

I think in countries who do not use chip and pin, that the mag strip on the back contains the pin and so it can be read with an illegal gizmo. The insecurity of the mag strip only cards led to ballooning card fraud in the uk, which is why they introduced the chip based cards but overseas all modern cards despite this reverts to the old mag strip system for compatibility reasons. I seem to recollect this but I may of imagined it. Or simply could of shoulder surfed the pin etc when the poor chap took some cash out perhaps.

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Click on the story and scroll down to the comments. All the readers there are suspicious, as I was. For some reason, I can't paste here without the HTML pasting, even when I say "paste as text".

What browser you using?

From the comments and victim himself. 

Keith R. Sauerwald8 hours ago

Without a doubt, you are as bright as a box full of blown light bulbs.You seem to think of yourself as being so knowegeable on this story, maybe it was you and not me, after all. 

Let's start with your first sick, braindead comment. 

After helping me across the road to the hotel (I was all but unconcious at that point in time) "Linda" checked me into the hotel in a double room, under another name, She knew my first name, but, not my last name. I was checked in under an assumed name, using my correct first name.I became unconcious at the point of leaving the check-in to climb the 5 stairs leading to my room. From that point in time, I knew absolutely nothing, as I was now unconcious.Piecing the puzzle together, they carried me up the stairs to the room, and lay me on the bed. She knew my wallet was in the front right side pocket of my Levi jeans. Once I was laid out they removed the wallet and removed the credit card. The pin number> It had been ptinted in print the size you are reading now, on a tiny piece of paper10mm x 5mm and rolled into a tight ball and placed into the toes area of one of my socks.Knobheads like you need to learn and realise that these were / are pofessional thieves who know their business inside out.They had taken off my R.M.Williams boots and my socks. Whether by accident or by sheer determination and experience, they found the tiny ball of papre, unrolled it and discovered the number.The then went on their shopping spree, going to foue atm's and withdrawing the maximum 10000pesos ($241) from each. They then had to wait untill after midnight when they could again withdraw the maximum 1000 pesos. six times they withdrew the maximum. On the seventh, they got 9000. The card was now empty. They returned to my room where they (for as yet, some undetermined reason) replaced my credit card in my wallet, making the mistake of replacing it upside down.They then stole 9 x 1000 peso notes from the wallet leaving me with 240 peso's to return to Manila.As I had taken two photos of myself and "Linda" and a photo of the two juvenile females, they also stole my camera.They did not want to leave photographic evidence for the police.As they are on seven ccctv atm cameras, one visit to the ccctv camered restaurant as well as the hotels ccctv cameras, I will shortly be back in the Philippines to view them. As I was the only person to get a good look at the two girls, 15 / 16 years ant the boy,15 years, then I will be able to point them out to the police. 

So, knobhead, before you go shooting off your king sized gob, make sure you know the fatcts

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Still...  :)

A 73-year-old Darwin resident was delighted when he met a flirtatious younger woman while on holiday in the Philippines. But the next morning, he woke up stranded, feeling groggy and $3400 poorer. Retiree Keith Sauerwald told ninemsn he met the woman in a shady part of Manila
  • Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

What browser you using?

From the comments and victim himself. 

Keith R. Sauerwald8 hours ago

Without a doubt, you are as bright as a box full of blown light bulbs.You seem to think of yourself as being so knowegeable on this story, maybe it was you and not me, after all. 

Let's start with your first sick, braindead comment. 

After helping me across the road to the hotel (I was all but unconcious at that point in time) "Linda" checked me into the hotel in a double room, under another name, She knew my first name, but, not my last name. I was checked in under an assumed name, using my correct first name.I became unconcious at the point of leaving the check-in to climb the 5 stairs leading to my room. From that point in time, I knew absolutely nothing, as I was now unconcious.Piecing the puzzle together, they carried me up the stairs to the room, and lay me on the bed. She knew my wallet was in the front right side pocket of my Levi jeans. Once I was laid out they removed the wallet and removed the credit card. The pin number> It had been ptinted in print the size you are reading now, on a tiny piece of paper10mm x 5mm and rolled into a tight ball and placed into the toes area of one of my socks.Knobheads like you need to learn and realise that these were / are pofessional thieves who know their business inside out.They had taken off my R.M.Williams boots and my socks. Whether by accident or by sheer determination and experience, they found the tiny ball of papre, unrolled it and discovered the number.The then went on their shopping spree, going to foue atm's and withdrawing the maximum 10000pesos ($241) from each. They then had to wait untill after midnight when they could again withdraw the maximum 1000 pesos. six times they withdrew the maximum. On the seventh, they got 9000. The card was now empty. They returned to my room where they (for as yet, some undetermined reason) replaced my credit card in my wallet, making the mistake of replacing it upside down.They then stole 9 x 1000 peso notes from the wallet leaving me with 240 peso's to return to Manila.As I had taken two photos of myself and "Linda" and a photo of the two juvenile females, they also stole my camera.They did not want to leave photographic evidence for the police.As they are on seven ccctv atm cameras, one visit to the ccctv camered restaurant as well as the hotels ccctv cameras, I will shortly be back in the Philippines to view them. As I was the only person to get a good look at the two girls, 15 / 16 years ant the boy,15 years, then I will be able to point them out to the police. 

So, knobhead, before you go shooting off your king sized gob, make sure you know the fatcts

I am using Chrome.

I will be interested to see what comes out of this.  Still sounds fishy.  The details that were pieced together are amazing.  I'm so glad he let us know he was wearing R.M. Williams boots!   :hystery:

"They decided to catch a bus together, along with three of her friends, and "Linda" became increasingly provocative as they drank, took photos and sang together at a karaoke bar."

Now he admits that he was with Linda (age unknown) and 3 teens, whose ages he seemed to know exactly, in a bar.  If I were him and the story is as he has told it so far, I would not be going back to the Philippines.  He was unconscious and they had a camera, the pictures should be very interesting for a blackmailer.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 1

Markham
Posted
Posted

I think in countries who do not use chip and pin, that the mag strip on the back contains the pin and so it can be read with an illegal gizmo. The insecurity of the mag strip only cards led to ballooning card fraud in the uk, which is why they introduced the chip based cards but overseas all modern cards despite this reverts to the old mag strip system for compatibility reasons. I seem to recollect this but I may of imagined it. Or simply could of shoulder surfed the pin etc when the poor chap took some cash out perhaps.

Erm ... no it doesn't!

Chip-and-Pin cards are widely accepted in the Philippines and if you use one, you will see that the card is inserted into the card-reader rather than its magnetic strip being swiped.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

The PIN was removed from the mag strip years ago.  Unfortunately there are several ways to get around that so the thieves are either using thiese methods or watching over the shoulder.  And, no, I am not going to reveal what these ways are as that would probably land me in jail for posting this information...  Not without that deposit to my account in the Cayman's first...  

:mocking:

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Just out of curiosity, did you know that 1 out of every 8 tourists carry a hand-written copy of their PIN numbers in their wallets?

:mocking:

• Like 1

Genius
Posted
Posted

I don't do that but something nearly as bad, I use the same pin for all my cards. Very spirited defence by the victim. The circumstances do sound quite 'interesting'. I must say in your sock on a rolled up bit of paper sounds plain nutty.

I think, no I know, I ve drunk too much with groups of strangers many times, especially in the phils where drinks are so cheap and apart from paying for their drinks, I ve ended no worse off. It's part of what is nice about travelling about making new friends you ll never meet again. I do suppose it is high risk but then again I do not do it with teenage children and/or flirty women. So exercising some caution but avoiding everyone and everything bed ause you suspect their intentions would be too much for me. Get enough of the insular attitude in London to transplant it abroad I feel personally.

• Like 3

samatm
Posted
Posted

After reading the victims comments ,  Now I really do think he pulled a fast one.    His explanations and testy rebuttal do not add up.  

• Like 3