Dental Tourism, How Much?

Beachboy
Posted
Posted

.. the problem would seem to be in the transportation costs.  Even from Honolulu, if you have to add $1000 - $1500 in airfare to your bill, it's not cost effective for most procedures.  

• Like 2

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

Beachboy maybe dental care is cheap in the US I don't know,but hear in OZ its very expensive and in some cases you can wait a couple of months to see your dentist unless its an emergency.As I stated that I needed major dental work done so even after the air fairs and hotels I still got the work done for 1/3 the cost of what it would have cost me here cheers

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Thanks for this JJR!  We are looking for a dentist here in Subic so I might see if there is a Metro office here.  

• Like 2

Will
Posted
Posted

Beachboy maybe dental care is cheap in the US I don't know,but hear in OZ its very expensive and in some cases you can wait a couple of months to see your dentist unless its an emergency.As I stated that I needed major dental work done so even after the air fairs and hotels I still got the work done for 1/3 the cost of what it would have cost me here cheers

In the states, even with dental insurance, you still pay out the nose!!

Thanks for your story, JJ.

Lyno, if you don't mind, what was the dentist's name here in Cebu?

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

.. the problem would seem to be in the transportation costs.  Even from Honolulu, if you have to add $1000 - $1500 in airfare to your bill, it's not cost effective for most procedures.  

I think the concept of dental tourism is that you will pay for the plane ticket (and more) with your savings, thus you get a free vacation trip.

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
.. the problem would seem to be in the transportation costs. Even from Honolulu, if you have to add $1000 - $1500 in airfare to your bill, it's not cost effective for most procedures.

I think the concept of dental tourism is that you will pay for the plane ticket (and more) with your savings, thus you get a free vacation trip.

Going to the Philippines for the purpose of seeing a dentist would be expensive because of airfare and stay. Or you get a free vacation as OnMyWay's comment. Dental tourism for me is to include a visit to the dentist as part of a business/pleasure trip.

• Like 2

SNIXX
Posted
Posted

Excellent dental work in Cebu this week.

One filling and a deep cleaning (different then typical cleaning) was 1200 p vs equivalent 30k p in the states.

I had a friendly conversation with the Dr. and the dental assistant was really cute.

I was not given  free toothbrush and floss as in the states. Somehow I got past the disappointment. 

• Like 4

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

Hi Will I have sent you a p/m as to who and where the dentist is cheers

• Like 1