Dental Tourism, How Much?

jojones
Posted
Posted

I had a quote to remove a wisdom tooth for 10k which is apparently far less than back home in the UK. There are a number of dentists on the top floor of MegaMall and the second one was able to give us a competitive quote compared to the first. I never went for it though as I have a fear of dentists and find that eating steak on my left side prevents aggravating the problem. At another place I think they said 600 Pesos per filling is the norm. It was 800 for an x-ray, 500 for a checkup or 1000 for a checkup and cleaning.

• Like 4

samatm
Posted
Posted

Hi Will I have sent you a p/m as to who and where the dentist is cheers

Why keep it a secret.   If you got great service at good a price,  why not  share  the info  and give the dentist some more  referral business. 

I take a recommendation from these boards much more seriously than  I would an advertisemnt.      I found my dentist in Cebu from the other forum because of a sincere post.

• Like 2

samatm
Posted
Posted

Someone suggested trying Metro Dental, a mall based chain with 14 dentail clinics including in Cebu. Most locations are open until 9:00pm and my appointment was for 7:00pm. The location is Greenbelt 5, a ritzy shopping and dining center. I could see dollar, or rather peso signs the minute I entered the door. I asked permission and took the attached photographs of their facility.

Metro Dental in SM Cebu is quality as well.      Went there for  cleaning  and pics.    Having an LED monitor on the wall is helpful to see what is going on with your teeth.      I had positive experience with them as well and prices were very reasonable.

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
Thanks for this JJR! We are looking for a dentist here in Subic so I might see if there is a Metro office here.

During my trip, I also visited the former George Dewey Hospital in Subic with the new owner and three architects. The plan is to renovate the 12 hectares complex into a facility for American miilitary retirees needing assisted living and skilled nursing care. The preliminary plans include a dental care unit. My estimate is the facility can re-open within twelve months because the structures are well built. Thank you, US Navy.

I will post pictures from my visit within a few days.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Thanks for this JJR! We are looking for a dentist here in Subic so I might see if there is a Metro office here.

During my trip, I also visited the former George Dewey Hospital in Subic with the new owner and three architects. The plan is to renovate the 12 hectares complex into a facility for American miilitary retirees needing assisted living and skilled nursing care. The preliminary plans include a dental care unit. My estimate is the facility can re-open within twelve months because the structures are well built. Thank you, US Navy.

I will post pictures from my visit within a few days.

We have driven up to the gate at George Dewey Hospital and I have wondered what is going on there, if anything.  If you do a search for Subic, you will often see it touted as a new and state of the art facility, but it looked almost deserted from a distance.

• Like 1

lyno 47
Posted
Posted (edited)

The Boss has a dental service listed on this site.there is no way I am going to give another dentist name on the open forum that may take clients away from the surgery that pays for the adds on this site.cheers

Edited by lyno 47
  • Like 1

Beachboy
Posted
Posted
n OZ its very expensive and in some cases you can wait a couple of months to see your dentist unless its an emergency
 Did not know this ... the cost in the US will vary a lot depending on where you live and whether or not you have insurance.  
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

n OZ its very expensive and in some cases you can wait a couple of months to see your dentist unless its an emergency
 Did not know this ... the cost in the US will vary a lot depending on where you live and whether or not you have insurance.  

My company paid dental insurance that I had in the US was probably "average", based on what others told me about their coverage.  Cleanings are covered but if you needed a crown, it was at least $500 out of pocket to the employee.  I think the coverage was only 50% for crowns, so I am sure crowns must cost well over $1000 if you don't have insurance, which is where I am now.

If you have as much work done as Lyno did, your savings would pay for several vacations!   :thumbsup:

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I have a couple broken teeth from past misadventures but they are in the back and do not bother me.  I have insurance I can get them repaired here in Canada but I priced out what it would cost me to get them done in the Philippines without insurance...  Would you believe it's cheaper for me to wait until I get to the Philippines?  And I have one of the better dental insurance packages around!  What a waste of money!

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
We have driven up to the gate at George Dewey Hospital and I have wondered what is going on there, if anything. If you do a search for Subic, you will often see it touted as a new and state of the art facility, but it looked almost deserted from a distance.

The press release got ahead of reality. The new owner is actually a newspaper publisher and a kind hearted gentleman. One or more buildings within the complex is being used by an NGO from Ireland for free. They take in abandoned babies and children from Angeles City as an alternative to backstreet abortions by prostitutes. I believe the NGO provides financial support and maternity care for prostitutes who agree to this arrangement. Once the complex is converted into a retirement facility, the charity will be relocated to a new building closer to Angeles. There is one reason why the gates are locked. It's to protect the children.

• Like 4