Dental Tourism, How Much?

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Here is the website for Metro Dental: http://www.metrodental.com.ph/

I may just head down and visit the closest office to Baguio in Angeles.

I have a tooth which has become sensitive and have not yet found a dentist I like in Baguio.

• 5 months later...
sto99
Posted
Posted

I had my teeth fixed in Cebu on my last trip 6 crowns a bridge and a root canal.A modern dental surgery with xrays temp teeth while mine were being made.Total  cost was $970.00aud, the dentist kept the first 2-3 hours of every working day just for me,most of her clients were westerners and I could not have had better service here in Auz.The cost here was $11500Aud. cheers

Hi Lyno.  Where did you have the dental work done as I just broke a tooth and need a crown.

Thanks

Sto

robert k
Posted
Posted

I had some work done when I last was in Manila, I paid the Kano price, with them trying to upsell all along the way, it still only cost me 1/3 of what it would have cost for the cleaning and new partial plate here in the US. The work was very good. Bless their hearts. :)

• 1 month later...
Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I went to the dentist and got 4 filings, 4 extractions, and one crown for p21,000. It felt expensive until I realized that is only $488 USD (but it is 7 months rent ha ha). And p8,000 ($186) of it was just the crown. Still way cheaper than the US - and no bother with crappy insurance - just real prices! ... 5 hours in the chair....

I went to Dentcare at SM city, Iloilo. The dentist in Oton is a lot cheaper but had some scary old looking equipment ha ha. 

The one in Oton also sends you into the city for x-rays, on what looks like WWII surplus! The shop at SM has their own up to date x-ray. But the ancient scary place is p300 per x-ray, Dentcare is almost p800 each.  Same for extractions, Oton p300, Dentcare p1,000.  The cleaning was p1,200 (don't know price in Oton).  But I musch preferred the service at Dentcare.

I am shopping around for the partial denture - these guys want p20,000 for a partial plate! Can't do that. (Bottom plate 2 molars on each side)        :tiphat:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Dental Question:

I went to a dentist in Dumaguete that other expats recommended.  She said I have 2 molars (bottom back on each side) that need to have root canals and gold caps.  She said a regular porcelain cap does not hold up to the grinding of the molars and would likely need to be redone at some time.  Cost is 12,000 pesos for a root canal on a molar and about 50,000 pesos for a gold cap.  Thus the total price for 2 teeth would be 104,000 pesos.

Question is:  What would be the realistic downside to just getting them pulled (I am 58 and in otherwise good health).  What other options could be recommended?  (I am thinking along the lines of yanking them out and getting replacement screw in teeth.)  Where could I go to get a better price?  It may be worth a flight to get this done if the price is better.

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Dave, I will suggest getting the root canals with porcelain crowns. Do not get them pulled out unless you can afford the titanium implants. You don't want to be a soup hound. Not chewing properly will give you other medical problems. Did they give you a price on the implants? Some people have been going to Costa Rica for the implants, it takes 2 maybe 3 trips over maybe 6 months. Americans were getting 3 trips plus implants for less than the implants in the US. Google it.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

Tuka Ram, I used Clinica Dentale in Quezon City, Manila. I have their card, just the address is not on it but they can be found online. Partial upper 4 teeth, 3 front and one molar $380 including cleaning, which I think the cleaning was kind of high for 1600 piso. This was with rush service, took 5 days because there was a weekend in it. The work was good to excellent. This was for flexible denture, the old hard acrylic should be alot less (possibly $200), but you would probably have to find that somewhere else.

Clinica Denatale is a little hard to find, small sign, they are upstairs in an office building. There is a BPI bank on the bottom floor, I changed money there. The teller wanted to short me 20 centavos per dollar on the exchange rate and I wasn't arguing because changing money there was a convenience, but a supervisor told her to give me the regular rate, just slightly under what I could have got at the money changer in the mall just across from the hotel.

All the filipinas in the office were attractive if that matters. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
All the filipinas in the office were attractive if that matters.

That's all that matters.   :thumbsup:

• Like 3