The Norkis Legacy Single Cab Automatic

Hi, does anyone have any experience of owning a Norkis Legacy single cab Automatic car, I have been offered one at a very good price from an ex pat, truthfully I don't enjoy driving here, but  I do miss the convenience of just popping up to the hardware for some paint or a little timber etc, and as my major building work is now coming to a close for a while, a car would be nice for a bit of site seeing etc

I use to drive a Kia sportage here in Cebu and liked the car very much, but it wasn't suitable for my building needs, a multicab would have been better, but the driving seat is just too far forward and I'm to big to drive it, the Norkis although a small car, does allow me to comfortably drive, my main concern is the Automatic gear box, whether parts would be available should it become problematic, any ideas, experiences, observations would be welcome 

Thanks

norkis1sm.jpg

norkis2.jpg

Edited by johnb
  • Like 1

As this is a manufactured vehicle with a reconditioned engine, you could easily swap out the transmission to a standard.  All you really would need to know is the engine manufacture and then what transmissions were compatible.  It will be interesting as these are a front wheel drive vehicle but still not that difficult to do.  A good mechanic should be able to do this for you within a couple hours.  Interesting to note - there appears to be no computerization of these so there goes half the battle on maintaining it.  I wouldn't mind taking a look at one of these myself once I am there!

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Ah yes!  Based on the Daihatsu Mira so you are probably looking at Toyota parts though I would check with Norkis to make sure.

And, good news too!  Even though Norkis stopped making the Legacy a couple years ago to concentrate on their 4wd new vehicle, they will continue to support parts and service on any Legacy.

Edited by I am bob

I have an automatic SUV. I've heard all the negative points about auto transmissions being expensive to fix, non-availability of parts, know how, etc in the Philippines. I've almost always owned A/T vehicles and haven't had one fail yet. If you research your purchase and get a quality vehicle I don't believe it's a big factor. I'm glad I got the auto, especially in traffic.

• Like 3

Ah yes!  Based on the Daihatsu Mira so you are probably looking at Toyota parts though I would check with Norkis to make sure.

And, good news too!  Even though Norkis stopped making the Legacy a couple years ago to concentrate on their 4wd new vehicle, they will continue to support parts and service on any Legacy.

Thanks for the info Bob, I also managed to talk to my neighbours Mechanic, he also said parts would not be a problem, I'll check  today to see if its still on the market or been snaped up

John

• Like 1

I have an automatic SUV. I've heard all the negative points about auto transmissions being expensive to fix, non-availability of parts, know how, etc in the Philippines. I've almost always owned A/T vehicles and haven't had one fail yet. If you research your purchase and get a quality vehicle I don't believe it's a big factor. I'm glad I got the auto, especially in traffic.

I whole-heartedly agree, Mike!  

The main thing to remember with an automatic transmission is to keep the fluid at the proper levels and change your fluid and filters at the appropriate times.  The same thing goes for a standard a well - get the fluid topped up or changed properly!  Do this and your transmission should outlast your vehicle without any issues.

If you look at a vehicle to purchase with an automatic transmission, check the fluid.  If it looks pristine - as in brand new - ask if the person also had the filter changed.  Even if they say they did, go for a good drive and check it again.  IF the colour has changed at all or if there is any smell to the fluid now, either the filter was not changed or there is an issue with the transmission and the person selling is trying to pull a fast one.  Of course there are other things to check on a transmission but this simple check is one most people are not aware of and can save you a lot of time and money.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

The update on this is the expat selling this car bought it new from norkis 7 years ago, he has been the only driver and has all service  and maintenance records, all of which were carried out by the norkis dealer, I have known this guy for years he is in his 70s and has always been a careful easy driver, he's droped the price because He;s leaving the country for good and wants it sold with cash in hand before he leaves.

Technically he already sold it once, but the buyer hadn't paid anyhing since the deal, so I offered to match the price, he contacted the buyer who said that they now couldnt afford it, so its now mine for 50,000p

• Like 2

Congratulations, at that price, I don't think you could have gone too far wrong and it looks like an interesting vehicle. I am Bob gave the maintainence advice I would have given.

• Like 2

Sounds like you got the bargain of the year!  NIce!!!

Once I am in-country, I wouldn't mind seeing if I can find a decent extended cab version.  Now that would make me a happy happy bob!

:mocking:  :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

Hi Guys,

I badly need parts of my daihatsu car legacy mira. Below is the screenshot of my car:
Daihatsu_Mira_Legacy.jpg

The parts problem on it is there clutch pressure, I am willing to buy it there parts, i hope it will not overprice.

Contact Details:

Removed

Thank you,

Edited by Jollygoodfellow