U.s. Dollar Up 1.4% Today Vs The Peso

earthdome
Posted
Posted

There has been a big jump in the fx rate for the USD today, up 1.4% vs the peso. Trading now around 41.80 PHP per USD.

I needed to do a fx transfer from my BPI USD account to my peso account today anyway. But the BPI website is very slow. Argh!!!!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

:540:  :540:  :540:

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

There has been a big jump in the fx rate for the USD today, up 1.4% vs the peso. Trading now around 41.80 PHP per USD.

I needed to do a fx transfer from my BPI USD account to my peso account today anyway. But the BPI website is very slow. Argh!!!!

I had to go to BPI to do my fx. Got 41.37 today around 3:45PM. Not a wasted trip since I needed to deposit a check and change my postal mailing address and phone number.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I had to go to BPI to do my fx. Got 41.37 today around 3:45PM. Not a wasted trip since I needed to deposit a check and change my postal mailing address and phone number.

I think they set the published rates at 1 AM so hopefully it will be more tomorrow.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

can anyone ecplain why????

this is the 1st time in a LONG,,,,,,,,,,,,,,time this has occurred.

during the "oakwood" incident (2004?)it varied about .80-150 cents but the rate then was about 52-54?

my rate was 41.18 using my debt card .10000=242.81. that was at 3pm, i am sure if i waited til 9pm(9am NY time) my rate would be somewhat higher... but,,,, i too needed to w/d as expense  was due.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I think they set the published rates at 1 AM so hopefully it will be more tomorrow.

I got 41.50 today at BPI.  Before I left the house XE.com had 40.70 but at 6 pm it is down to 41.60.

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=USD&to=PHP&view=1W

What I noticed was that when there is a lot of market volatility, BPI will not be as close or above the XE rate, like they have a few times before.  When the rates are not too choppy, they can usually get around the XE rate.

Pittman, stocks were up and the dollar dropped when Bernanke started speaking to Congress on Wednesday, but when he said that they may ease the government bond buying, the dollar surged and stocks and bonds dove.  I was watching him speak and went to bed thinking there would not be any bad news, and my accounts were looking good, but I woke up to a deep dive!

I'm glad I got the 41.50 today because it looks like the $ is headed back down to a more reasonable trend level.  Chart here:

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/index/DXY

• Like 1

samatm
Posted
Posted

That and it could also be tied to the  Chinese poor manufacturing numbers and the huge sell of  Japanese  Stocks and Asian stocks across the board..    Dollars look safer !

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

The dollar is popping again, up to 41.95 on XE right now.

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Here's hoping it stays up.  We'll be in the Philippines on Sunday!

• Like 2

samatm
Posted
Posted

Here's hoping it stays up.  We'll be in the Philippines on Sunday!

That's what she said ! :tiphat:      (ok Jr. High flash back)

• Like 2