U.s. Dollar Up 1.4% Today Vs The Peso

Curley
Posted
Posted

British pound is up as well, even more than the dollar.

Americano
Posted
Posted

The US Dollar was 43.90 at Park Mall in Cebu City at 10:15am today. I handed the lady 5,000 USD and she handed me P219,500. No paper work, no signature and no questions. It can't get any better than that. My wife and I counted the money and gone in about 3 minutes. Got any questions just ask me.

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

We went to Robinson's and took $2000 US when we got there the rate was 43.90 but the board had just shut down (they use a lighted board here to post the rates) and because of the rapid rise and fall of the currencies right now they wait until the new postings come out before changing any money .... she said it would take about 15min .... so we went to eat and when we came back it was 43.80 so I just gave her &1000 and will wait to see if it goes higher next week .....

Now for the funny part (OK not so funny) .... I counted out 10 $100 dollar bills and kept 10 $100 bills in my envelope BUT I mistakenly gave her 11 $100 bills .... lucky I was recounting the bills I had left and my asawa was watching the girl count the money behind the glass because she made no mention of how much I gave her .... or that I gave her $100 to much .... I like to think she would have given me $1100 worth of pesos back but we will never know ..... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
There has been a big jump in the fx rate for the USD today, up 1.4% vs the peso. Trading now around 41.80 PHP per USD.

This was May 23rd when Earthdome posted this.  Dollar popped again yesterday, up .34 pesos to 43.80.  Good day to exchange today.

So, up 2 pesos in about 2.5 months.

• 3 months later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

There has been a big jump in the fx rate for the USD today, up 1.4% vs the peso. Trading now around 41.80 PHP per USD.

This was May 23rd when Earthdome posted this.  Dollar popped again yesterday, up .34 pesos to 43.80.  Good day to exchange today.

So, up 2 pesos in about 2.5 months.

Dollar back up to 43.90+ yesterday.  Back down to 43.80 today.

The peso took a hit due to the storm's impact on GDP, but it is anticipated to be temporary.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Just got 43.68 in Robinsons Bacolod today .... wish I had gone Mon or Tues .... but i didn't know the dollar was so high ....