I-Card With Balikbayan Visa

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
ANY tourist who has stayed continuously for a period of 6 months or more is now required to get an exit clearance.

you're not a tourist Bundy. You entered on a Balikbayan stamp in your passport.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

According to the BI Commissioner, anyone on a BB stamp is in the same category and status as tourist. But are exempt from visa renewals for 1 year. 

Bundy
Posted
Posted

According to the BI Commissioner, anyone on a BB stamp is in the same category and status as tourist. But are exempt from visa renewals for 1 year. 

Yeah mate, exactly as i read it, but no mention of whether or not an exit clearance is required.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

When I put my post in above, I had done some research on this.  And when I research anything to do with BI, if their website is not clear, i go and check to see what it says on their embassy websites throughout the world.  These will all have one little bit of information not included on the others.  I wish I could remember which one I saw that info on but it was stated on a Philippine Embassy site that an exit clearance was required after 6 months.  I have a feeling that the BI personnel are aware of this either.

• 3 weeks later...
Bundy
Posted
Posted

Ok, I have emailed the BI and they did reply. I only stated my case so the answer was tailored to my situation.

They have told me that if I am here on a Balikbayan stamp and I leave BEFORE my 12 months is up, I DO NOT require any exit clearance.

Now I am just guessing here but I would think that if I stayed longer than the 12 months (and I know this is allowed)I would be paying visa extensions just as any tourist is required but then when I did eventually leave (and I believe I can extend out to 2 years)I would then need an exit clearance.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

From everything I have seen on the BI site, your info is correct regarding Visas.  Once you do go onto the VIsa system, you will need to pay the Exit Clearance Fee the same as everybody else.  Some of the bits I have read actually don't refer to it as an extension to your BB but rather just changing over to the Tourist Visa with extensions available.  If I remember correctly, it is easier to understand if you go to the Philippine Embassy site for your country - though just about any "Western" country's page will have basically the same info.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
imonacan
Posted
Posted

My pinay wife and i entered the country together and I got the Balikbayan Visa stamp that is good for one year.

I wanted to quote this, just to ask a follow up question.   If my Pinay wife and daughter come first, and I follow months later... can I still get a Balikbayan Visa stamp (?) ... or will I get stamped in for just 21 days , and have to keep renewing visa extensions, while I apply for a permanent resident 13A visa ? Didn't think it was worth starting a new thread over this question.. and Thanks, if anyone can answer.

Bill

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted
If my Pinay wife and daughter come first, and I follow months later... can I still get a Balikbayan Visa stamp (?)

No, the spouse must travel and enter with you.

• Like 2

cybernco
Posted
Posted

Thank you everyone for your answers. I have the Philippine BB visa stamp on my passport that it expires one year from the date of the issue.  We finally got my wife's US CR1 Spouse Visa approved to come to the US and were leaving at the end of August, 2013.  I'll update you as to any exit fees required.

robert k
Posted
Posted

Maybe I can get my sugar momma to take me out of the country for a day to Borneo or somewhere and bring me back every year.