How Much For Your Breakfast At Home?

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted

Food and drinks are the costs you will notice vary a lot. One day you'll fancy tiger prawns or an imported steak, with some expensive wines. When you wake up next morning and feel you should cut the costs a couple of days, why not start with this breakfast - which I made today for the three of us:Rice 15 pesoString beans 3 pesoSmall onion 7 pesoGarlic 1 pesoOil 2 peso1/2 Cabbage 10 pesoOyster sauce 2 pesoWater(drink) 5 peso--------------------45 peso, in total, 15 each. Breakfast for three. Nutricious and good! If you want to spoil yourself, add fried eggs, about 5 peso each.Walk on,Lars

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well I had corn flakes with banana and real milk ...... Milk 60p per bottle 4 servings per bottle ..... corn flakes 93p per box appox. 8 servings ...... bananas 40p per bunch of 9 one each...... so all total ..... 30p per person .....

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

I had 2 packets of instant oatmeal, $2.80 for box of 8 packets...so .70 cents for 2 packets. 1 cup of coffee. Single brewed coffee bags cost $5.00 for box of 20, so .25 cents a cup....if you figure in a bit of suger and milk, that might make it .30 cents a cup. So about $1 for breakfast. If I can eat that cheap here in Germany, (although I do buy my food on base, which is cheaper and tax free), just imagine if I was living there. I'm sure I would be down around the 15p-30p range.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well surprisingly Vol ...... it all depends on what you eat ...... foreign foods here are sometimes higher than in your home country ...... I buy corn flakes at 93p per box but other cereal can go as much as 260p depending on the brand and type ...... I was just happy to find the real milk ... as everyone told me you couldn't find fresh milk here ...... only has one problem it spoils in about 4-5 days ..... but I ain't complaining .... it is bottled in Consolation Cebu and I understand the cows are somewhere near there also .....

Markham
Posted
Posted
I was just happy to find the real milk ... as everyone told me you couldn't find fresh milk here ...... only has one problem it spoils in about 4-5 days ..... but I ain't complaining .... it is bottled in Consolation Cebu and I understand the cows are somewhere near there also .....
Where do you buy your fresh milk, Mike? The supermarkets in Ayala and SM used to stock it but not any longer. EMall did have some but it was all date-expired.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Gaisano's in Ayala has it ... it's called ....get this ....... Fresh Milk ..... only available in the plastic quart bottle ...... Cefedco is the bottler and out of Consolacion ....... not bad really ...... think they have chocolate also but not sure .... on the top shelf with the other milk right near the fruit section ...... I found it by reading a news article months ago about a dairy there and how Cefedco is a co-op ....... comprised of dairy farmers here on Cebu Island .... not bad tasting but like I said it doesn't have a very long shelf life ...

TheMason
Posted
Posted
Gaisano's in Ayala has it ... it's called ....get this ....... Fresh Milk ..... only available in the plastic quart bottle ...... Cefedco is the bottler and out of Consolacion ....... not bad really ...... think they have chocolate also but not sure .... on the top shelf with the other milk right near the fruit section ...... I found it by reading a news article months ago about a dairy there and how Cefedco is a co-op ....... comprised of dairy farmers here on Cebu Island .... not bad tasting but like I said it doesn't have a very long shelf life ...
Do you know if it is pasteurized or raw milk?

Markham
Posted
Posted
Ah they must be stocking it again. Admittedly I haven't been into that supermarket in a while since there was none there for about 3 or 4 months - they told me they stopped because the soya milk was more popular. I would normally buy 6 litres at a time and freeze it until I needed it.And, yes, The Mason, it is pasteurised and tastes considerably nicer than any of the longlife (UHT) brands.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
Well surprisingly Vol ...... it all depends on what you eat ...... foreign foods here are sometimes higher than in your home country ...... I buy corn flakes at 93p per box but other cereal can go as much as 260p depending on the brand and type ...... I was just happy to find the real milk ... as everyone told me you couldn't find fresh milk here ...... only has one problem it spoils in about 4-5 days ..... but I ain't complaining .... it is bottled in Consolation Cebu and I understand the cows are somewhere near there also .....
Where did you get it?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Where did you get it?
I suppose you mean the milk,the answer is a few post above. Gaisanos Ayala :SugarwareZ-037: