Problems With Filipinas

i am bob
Posted
Posted
There seems to be those that think I'm simply trolling and trying to make Filipinas look bad.  If you are going to have a forum in a democratic society, then viewpoints that are not your own will sometimes be expressed.  Your experience and thoughts may differ but you should have the opinion that they should at least be expressed.   But the moderator(s) of this forum are the ones in control and I defer to them and whatever they choose to do in regards to mine or anyone else's posts.  

Obviously your posts have been allowed to stand.  But I must say that your attitude towards the people of the Philippines is beyond the borders of racism.  You really are a sad sad man without a clue if you truly believe all that you have written.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hey Scott,

Where's my triple like button?  You certainly have more patience in trying to explain to the OP

that we all make mistakes (foreigners, Filipinos and Filipinas) but it's not the end of the world.

Well done, my friend!

Respectfully -- Jake

Bruce
Posted
Posted
I must apologize for dissecting your comments above. It's my way of trying to analyze your thought process. I'm a Filipino-American with English as my second language when I first immigrated to the States a long time ago. So please correct me if I'm out in left field, OK? So, here's goes......

Jake! I am amazed. Your writings are well thought out and to the point. Very well done....... But we all know your grand kids are helping you with the spelling and sentence structure..... :dance:

• Like 2

donottrustfilipinas
Posted
Posted

Hello all yet again,

Viewpoints not your own -- meant that you are reading viewpoints that are not your own and written by someone else.  It would be unrealistic to continue the fallacy that Filipinas ALWAYS make great loving wives for EVERYONE and all men should run out and get one, post haste.  

I meant that meeting them online is the worst way of meeting a woman from abroad and that is far better if they end up living in the same area for an extended period of time so that her true character (as well as that of the man) become evident and, in my case for example, don't get side-swiped by a Filipina having sex while engaged and getting pregnant with some Filipino guy who, thankfully, is smart enough not to marry her but the child is the one that will suffer the most as he or she will not have an active father in his or her life.  

A generalization can be made when it becomes apparent above that of other cultures worldwide.  Go to any of the dating websites that have profiles of those currently in third world nations and you will see that the majority of them are Filipina. So yes, Filipinas are, in droves, attempting to find foreign husbands much more so than those of other third world nations.  Another sad commentary is that the majority of the women on asian sex cam sites are also Filipinas.

Actually, when it comes to understanding different cultures, I have experience beyond that of just Japan and the Philippines.  I have done a lot of world travel for the government and it has taken me to a lot of places I'd never thought I would go.  Thankful that I've been able to see the wonderful people of Haiti, whom despite their poverty, live life upbeat and they don't seem to be searching for foreign husbands.

Successful relationships?  Yes, I have had some but I'm in no way someone who will lie and say I've had relationships all my adult life. I'm currently seeing someone and will we see where that goes.  She's local, Chinese-American (grew up here), and she is thoughtful and kind. 

I am being accused of racism by good old Bob here.  Do I hate Filipinos? No.  There are many good Filipinos out there and they have contributed greatly to society and to the world. A great many Filipinos study medicine and dentistry here in the States and then return to the Philippines to make only one-tenth of what their counterparts in America make.  But I will argue that Filipinas that go online and agree to marry a foreigner after having met him once or twice on a short trip, are not truly in love with the man they are agreeing to marry and neither is the man (although both may believe that they are -- I deluded myself into believing I was in love with my ex-wife and that of the second to whom I was engaged).  In that small way, some may consider me racist against Philippine women as I do not trust what they will say to men online and when the man visits them for a short period of time.   It is not unlike the hostess girls of bars where they will say anything to the man to keep him happy as long as he continues to buy beers for himself and them.   There is an ulterior motive in many (but not all) instances.  For the record, I never got  to any of these bars with hostess girls as I was always with the Filipina (my ex or second to whom I was engaged) and I'm not one for cheap, meaningless sex (believe it or not). 

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Maybe I am reading the original poster's comments differently, but I really do not find his comments too extreme. 

No question that there are some deceitful Filipinas online, and having been bitten thrice, his stance is understandable.

And, as to whether Filipinas think that Filipinos are louses - my wife would disagree.  The men she has known are anything but that.  She acknowledges that there are such men, but they are free for the taking for those who would have them.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Yes, I did accuse you of a racist act.  You came onto a forum for people who are interested in and/or live in the Philippines and attacked ALL the women of Filipino decent.  If that is not racist, then what is? Yes, many Filipinas are on the dating sites we can all find online - but not all Filipinas are looking for a foreign husband.  These sites are for everybody - Filipino males as well. You further go on at this point and again try to paint all Filipinas as being there just to scam the foreign male.  I'm sorry but you obviously missed out on visiting several other countries that are even more intense on scamming foreign males.  Try the Russian dating sites.  The new Chinese sites from the PROC - do you really think all these women have access to the internet outside China in order to find a husband?  Heck - even the terrorist are getting into the act by setting up their own dating sites with women hired on to solicit money from the lonely Foreign Male. Yes, you have told us how you met up with some women who willingly scammed you.  No matter where in the world you are, this can hjappen to you - regardless of the race or nationality of the woman involved.  So please - do not come onto a site where many of the members have a great relationship with a Filipino partner and start insulting them en mass!

Really - this is the only subject you post on.  You have even named yourself after your target.  Is this all you are here for?  I'd love to know the answer to this but I doubt we will get one - not a truthful one at least.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Yes, I did accuse you of a racist act.  You came onto a forum for people who are interested in and/or live in the Philippines and attacked ALL the women of Filipino decent.  If that is not racist, then what is? Yes, many Filipinas are on the dating sites we can all find online - but not all Filipinas are looking for a foreign husband.  These sites are for everybody - Filipino males as well. You further go on at this point and again try to paint all Filipinas as being there just to scam the foreign male.  I'm sorry but you obviously missed out on visiting several other countries that are even more intense on scamming foreign males.  Try the Russian dating sites.  The new Chinese sites from the PROC - do you really think all these women have access to the internet outside China in order to find a husband?  Heck - even the terrorist are getting into the act by setting up their own dating sites with women hired on to solicit money from the lonely Foreign Male. Yes, you have told us how you met up with some women who willingly scammed you.  No matter where in the world you are, this can hjappen to you - regardless of the race or nationality of the woman involved.  So please - do not come onto a site where many of the members have a great relationship with a Filipino partner and start insulting them en mass!

Really - this is the only subject you post on.  You have even named yourself after your target.  Is this all you are here for?  I'd love to know the answer to this but I doubt we will get one - not a truthful one at least.

I agree with Bob. You are untitled to an opinion and free to express it here as long as you follow forum rules. You are not the first Foreigner to post negative experiences with Filipinas here there have been several over the years that share your thoughts. However you include ALL Filipinas in a negative light and that simply is not a fact but only one mans opinion.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Maybe I am reading the original poster's comments differently, but I really do not find his comments too extreme. 

No question that there are some deceitful Filipinas online, and having been bitten thrice, his stance is understandable.

And, as to whether Filipinas think that Filipinos are louses - my wife would disagree.  The men she has known are anything but that.  She acknowledges that there are such men, but they are free for the taking for those who would have them.

I think the key point, that Bob pointed out, was that the OP used wording that suggest he is condemning ALL Filipinas.  A few carefully placed words selected / added differently and we would just be having another discussion about the traits of the Filipino culture.  For example, SOME, MANY, A FEW.  "THE FILIPINAS i HAVE KNOWN", etc.

It is never a good idea to making sweeping generalizations about any group of people.  You are setting yourself up to to be accused of racism, sexism or whatever the particular case may be.  And, you will logically be dead wrong in the point you are arguing, because a large group of people NEVER has the exact same qualities and traits.  Anyone who thinks logically will immediately dismiss your argument. 

• Like 3