Police Can't Shoot

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Here is a thought Lee,you could offer your services to train the police with their firearms,that way you still can play with your guns in the Philippines. :th_goodidea: MANILA: 90% of Philippine police cannot shoot straight or clean their guns properly,according to recent firearms proficiency tests, an official said Friday."Of the country's 125,000 policemen and women 90% cannot shoot straight and have difficulty just taking care of their guns," national police commission (NAPOLCOM) commissioner Luis Mario General told reporters. General, whose agency monitors the national police, said that of the remaining 10% most of them ranked barely above the level of "novice." General said his commission would recommend to the Philippine National Police that it conducts regular marksmanship training for all its members, including the top brass. "We will recommend to the police that they take this matter very seriously because their policemen could either be killed in the field or could shoot innocent civilians," said General. However, General said he could not blame the police for their failing marksmanship grades, because of the high cost of marksmanship training and especially bullets. He also cited recent admissions by top police officials that almost 50% of the national police actually have no service firearms.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Well, I own a 'Bullet Dispensing Device" shop in Florida. I would be able to donate a few 'items' to the local po po. IF someone else does all the paperwork and makes it all legal like.Bruce

Terp
Posted
Posted
General said his commission would recommend to the Philippine National Police that it conducts regular marksmanship training for all its members, including the top brass.
I doubt if this happens.Why?It takes bullets to do this and who's gonna cough up the pesos for the funding?

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Yes ammo is kinda scarce here ...... or rather very expensive ...... at night on the local news they will show the weapons and ammo confiscated from the bad guys during a hold-up ....... my god ... some of the guns look like they came out from under the house and the ammo (usually only 2-3 rounds) looks like it was left over from WW II (who knows maybe the 45 cal. is ...... it seems to be the weapon and ammo of choice here) ....... I would fire one of these relics on a bet ......

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Here is a thought Lee,you could offer your services to train the police with their firearms,that way you still can play with your guns in the Philippines. :th_goodidea:
Tom, I would be more than happy to give some of them tips and training on shooting if they would like. I had offered my services for free up in Manila a while back and got a cool response from the then chiefs assistant, and I got the feeling that they do not want anyone telling them how to do anything.I also took out the head of the swat team in Cagayan de Oro shooting a number of years back and out shot him on a bad day for me, and with a .45 that I had never fired before and he was not at all pleased and told me that they do not get enough ammo to practice with. Maybe we could start an expats donations for ammo for the police to practice charity, but I seriously doubt that most of those who are anti gun and anti right to self defense, would care to donate to such a thing. :AddEmoticons04230: